• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

RebKean - 14 October 2015 09:50 AM

And if it isn’t very clear to you right now, I have a tendency to explain everything. A lot. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of October 15

7 Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen Tim (leader) Becky, Sefir, TimovieMan, cluelass, furgotten, Iznogood
4 Eternal Journey: New Atlantis cluelass (leader) furgotten, Tim, RebKean
2 Azada in Libro Sefir (leader) Tim

Lost Lands has a three vote lead. We will know tomorrow which game we will be playing.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well I guess it’s official. Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen is the next playthrough.

The game is available from BigFish Games. I will post something by this coming Monday regarding the game schedule. The title will Casual Game Playthrough #13 - Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen. I’m asking TimoviemMan in advance to pin it when he sees it. TIA. My best guess is the playthrough will last about two weeks.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2015-05-24

PM

OK, this will be fun! My first playthrough. =)

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, it seems to be about that time! Time to nominate/vore for a new casual playthrough that is.

If anyone thinks we should hold off because of the ongoing ASA playthrough, as well as the Autumn Challenge, please say so. I don’t have a problem holding off until Thanksgiving is in the rear view mirror. Even though that’s only a week and a half away.  Smile

Otherwise…here are the two remaining games from the last vote. I have put the leaders in parentheses even though neither game has been renominated, nor have the two leaders volunteered to lead the games this time around.

Azada in Libro Sefir (leader)
Eternal Journey: New Atlantis cluelass (leader)

There were a few other games at the beginning of the last playthrough. But they were eliminated either because they weren’t renominated, had no leader, received no votes or some combination thereof. Go back and take a look. Maybe one of them didn’t strike your fancy the last time, but sounds more appealing today.

There were also a few recent AGSotD Casual Friday games that got some buzz.

So there you have it. Nominations are now open.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Taking a bit of a breather until after Thanksgiving is fine with me. Not sure how everyone else feels, of course.  Cool

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 15 November 2015 04:52 PM

If anyone thinks we should hold off because of the ongoing ASA playthrough, as well as the Autumn Challenge, please say so. I don’t have a problem holding off until Thanksgiving is in the rear view mirror. Even though that’s only a week and a half away.  Smile

The Autumn AG Challenge ended this evening, so that’s not an issue, and the ASA playthrough probably ends in about ten days or so.
By the time we decide on a game, that should be finished as well. I don’t see any problems with this vote…

And I’d like to nominate Shiver 2: Poltergeist and Fright.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think that is a good compromise. I.e., continue with the nominating/voting process, but don’t begin a playthrough until after the dust has settled.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Sounds good. I’d like to nominate Beyond: Light Advent and Emerald City Confidential.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Cool, add my vote to Emerald City Confidential! Cool

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I also vote for Emerald City Confidential (also willing to lead if no one else is interested) and of course Azada in Libro.

Fact is that due to capital control in Greece I’m unaible to sent any sum of money abroad (even if that’s a 2,99$ buy from Big Fish), thus sticking with whatever I already own.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 15 November 2015 06:21 PM

Fact is that due to capital control in Greece I’m unaible to sent any sum of money abroad (even if that’s a 2,99$ buy from Big Fish), thus sticking with whatever I already own.

I don’t know what to say. Would you also be prohibited from subscribing to The Economist? I can certainly understand a policy that would keep currency profiteers from exporting their money to a bank in the Cayman Islands. But this seems to border on paranoia.

Hypothetical: Suppose there is a game that is a likely winner of the CCPT vote, and it is not part of your current collection, but you want to participate. Would it be against Greek monetary policy for an external entity to gift you a game? Just asking.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

rtrooney - 15 November 2015 10:45 PM

Would you also be prohibited from subscribing to The Economist?

Yes. Whichever activity takes money out of the country via bank acounts is forbidden, at least for the time being.

rtrooney - 15 November 2015 10:45 PM

Hypothetical: Suppose there is a game that is a likely winner of the CCPT vote, and it is not part of your current collection, but you want to participate. Would it be against Greek monetary policy for an external entity to gift you a game? Just asking.

If no money are involved, of course not.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 16 November

4 Emerald City Confidential Sefir (leader) Tim, TimoviemMan, Becky
2 Azada in Libro Sefir (leader) Tim
2 Fright TimovieMan, Tim
2 Beyond Light Advent Becky (leader) Tim
2 Shiver - Poltergeist TimovieMan, Tim

Eternal Journey: New Atlantis cluelass (leader) Not yet renominated nor a confirmed leader

Nice start! I will nominate one or two games in the next few days as well.

If we don’t get a leader for Fright, I’ll raise my hand. Although I’m really hoping to find a few new leaders. Dara100 is currently playing the game. Maybe she would like to step up. Thank you Sefir for the ECC offer. I’ll volunteer as a backstop. I think I also volunteered for the Shiver game in the last vote. I’ll do it, but hope that someone else will step forward.

So far the nomination mix is quite eclectic. ECC is the fence-sitter game. Azada is definitely casual, but with no HO scenes. Fright is a good game on its own, but might contain one of the more unusual bonus games I’ve ever played. I’m a big fan of dystopian movies dating back, at least, to Logan’s Run. With the exception of Wishmaster, most dystopian casual games I’ve played never really hit the right theme. I think Advent comes pretty close.

Ever since the CCPT concept started, the nominating/voting thread has been, how best to say it?, casual.

If anyone thinks I should just tally and post the votes, and keep my narrative voice to a minimum, please say so. I know I get carried away at times.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I’ll vote for:
Emerald City Confidential
Fright
Beyond: Light Advent

I like your narrative voice Tim. Please continue!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top