• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 22 January

The current nominations are a bit of a carryover from the last vote. The following games received at least one vote and had a leader. The last game on the list also had a leader, sefir. But I can’t volunteer for him. Grin

Put your thinking caps on! Decide what games you would like to nominate and play. Remember, if you nominate a game, you should, at the very least, consider leading it.

4 Fright Tim (leader) TimovieMan, Becky, furgotten
4 Beyond Light Advent Becky (leader) Tim, Lady K, furgotten
4 Shiver - Poltergeist Tim (leader) TimovieMan, Lady K, millenia
4 The Emerald Maiden - Symphony of Dreams Tim (leader) TimovieMan, crabapple, Becky
3 Eternal Journey: New Atlantis Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim, furgotten
2 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (leader) chrissie
2 Echoes of Sorrow TimovieMan, Tim
2 Clockwork Tales - Of Glass and Ink] TimovieMan, Tim
1 Calavera - Day of the Dead Tim (leader)
  Azada in Libra

Now four games tied at the top with four votes each. Emerald Maiden making the biggest gain. Lots of players, Iznogood, sefir, Dara100, Colpet, and more,) have yet to check in.

Note: Because of the unusual nature of the bonus chapter, which was discussed both in the Casual Games thread and the AGSotD thread, I do recommend getting the CE version of Fright.

Nice to see three new games on the nomination list.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Note to all you voters: I’m going to be fairly busy for the next two or three days. I will probably only be able to post one vote update/day. So if you don’t see your new vote posted on the current day’s vote update, don’t fret. It will be posted on the next day’s update.

Like the current vote update says, there are quite a few regular players we haven’t heard from yet. I’m going to leave the current vote open until midnight Friday, 29 January. That will give us two days to resolve a tie, if there is one.

I’ll do this in advance so there won’t be any arguments in the case of a tie. (Like there unfortunately was in the last AGCPT vote.) In the case of a tie EVERYONE who cast a vote is eligible to vote to break the tie. (If you voted for two games, you still only get one vote.) In the tie break, you are only allowed to vote for one of the tied games.

If there is still a tie, there will be one more vote to attempt to break the tie. If there is still a tie, I will flip a coin to determine the winner.

Hope that is satisfactory to everyone.

If the game is selected on Sunday, 31 January, we should easily be able to get the playthrough started by the following Friday, if not earlier.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I’ll vote for Beyond Light Advent, since I bought it and haven’t played it yet.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 23 January (Last post)

The current nominations are a bit of a carryover from the last vote. The following games received at least one vote and had a leader. The last game on the list also had a leader, sefir. But I can’t volunteer for him. Grin

Put your thinking caps on! Decide what games you would like to nominate and play. Remember, if you nominate a game, you should, at the very least, consider leading it.

5 Beyond Light Advent Becky (leader) Tim, Lady K, furgotten, Colpet
4 The Emerald Maiden - Symphony of Dreams Tim (leader) TimovieMan, crabapple, Becky
  Azada in Libra

A new leader with three games tied for second place. Emerald Maiden still strong, but losing momentum. Lots of players, Iznogood, sefir, Dara100, and more,) have yet to check in.

Note: Because of the unusual nature of the bonus chapter, which was discussed both in the Casual Games thread and the AGSotD thread, I do recommend getting the CE version of

Fright.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

rtrooney - 23 January 2016 07:04 PM

Lots of players, Iznogood, sefir, Dara100, and more,) have yet to check in.

Having bought a humblebundle full of casuals a while ago, and also actually playing all of them, has left me a bit fed up with casual games, so I wont be voting or joining the next playthrough.

(Well who knows, I might change my mind and still join when it starts, but right now I’m not planning on doing so.)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

One vote for Beyond: Light Advent, which was my favorite game last year.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

OK, put me down for The Emerald Maiden - Symphony of Dreams and I’ll try hard to be there for it.  I’ve already installed the CE version just in case it wins.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 24 January

6 Beyond Light Advent Becky (leader) Tim, Lady K, furgotten, Colpet, cluelass
5 The Emerald Maiden - Symphony of Dreams Tim (leader) TimovieMan, crabapple, Becky, Dara100
  Azada in Libra

The leader stays the same. Four games within three votes of the lead. Emerald Maiden still strong, but see my latest post here. My enthusiasm for it has diminished a bit. In fact, I would be tempted to move my vote to Fright, except that I’ve already voted for it and have volunteered to lead it.A few players have yet to check in.

Note: Because of the unusual nature of the bonus chapter, which was discussed both in the Casual Games thread and the AGSotD thread, I do recommend getting the CE version of Fright.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OK! I think every “regular” has checked in except sefir. (Iz - I hope will join just to relieve the stress of leading JULIA.

So, unless anyone has a problem, I thought I would close the voting on Wednesday, or until there are three consecutive days with no change in the voting. The latter is pretty much how we decided when to close the vote anyway.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 25 January (No Change)

5 The Emerald Maiden - Symphony of Dreams Tim (leader) TimovieMan, crabapple, Becky, Dara100
  Azada in Libra

The leader stays the same. Four games within three votes of the lead. Emerald Maiden still strong, but see my latest post here. My enthusiasm for it has diminished a bit. In fact, I would be tempted to move my vote to Fright, except that I’ve already voted for it and have volunteered to lead it. A few players have yet to check in.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 26 January (No Change - 2nd Day)

Azada in Libra

The leader stays the same. Emerald Maiden still strong, but see my latest post here. My enthusiasm for it has diminished a bit. In fact, I would be tempted to move my vote to Fright, except that I’ve already voted for it and have volunteered to lead it. Can’t vote twice except in Chicago.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of 27 January (No Change - 3rd Day)

OK! Today is the third day with no change in voting. I said we would have until midnight tonight, my time, to get any last minute votes in. That still stands. I’ll check in first thing tomorrow, and if there is still no change, we have ourselves a winner.

I liked Beyond Lidght Advent. Although I did have some questions about the logic of what took place, and when did it happen when I first played the game. I am looking forward to the playthrough, as it will help answer some of those questions.

Azada in Libra

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And the winner is (drum roll, please)

Beyond Light Advent

I don’t know how long it will take Becky to get ready for the Playthrough. But I think we should be able to start sometime towards the beginning of next week.

Great game. Should be fun.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Woo-hoo! Thanks to everyone who voted. I’m aiming to begin this Casual Playthrough on February 1st.

For those who want to join us as we play, you can purchase Beyond: Light Advent here at Big Fish Games, or the Collector’s Edition here, also at Big Fish Games.

If you purchase the SE version, you will find that the game ends satisfactorily. However, the Collector’s Edition includes a bonus chapter which starts right after the SE plot ends, allows you to explore more of the planet Iridessa, and introduces a mysterious ancient prophecy.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Oh goody. I loved this game, not least because it has the best music I have ever heard in a casual game. However, there is a well-documented bug in the Mac version that kills the audio entirely. If anyone needs help with a workaround, please PM me.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top