• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445shanethewolfUndefined

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

cluelass - 08 September 2016 02:44 PM

If I may be permitted to “campaign” a little, I would like to balance out Tim’s original negative response to Cadenza.

My opinion of the game stands. I’ve been to NOLA enough times to justify my opinion. It is your prerogative to disagree. As you will note, I will play the game if it wins.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Azada in Libro
Metzengerstein
Royal Trouble

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of September 7

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting close on either September 15 or if we go three straight days with no new posts. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie.* This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

5 Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim, Becky, chrissie, furgotten
4 Royal Trouble Becky (leader in October) Tim, Lady Kestrel, crabapple
3 Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death cluelass (leader) Tim, Becky
3 Azada in Libro Tim, Becky, crabapple
2 Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Tim (Leader) Lady Kestrel
2 Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Metzengerstein Tim (leader) crabapple

Six more days before voting closes! Still missing in action: Colpet, Dara100, uruboo, TimovieMan, among others…and Iznogood, although I certainly understand if he is not feeling up to the task yet.

Sefir had offered to lead Asada and Becky has offered to lead Royal Trouble but only if the game starts in October. It would take some shifiting of dates to make that happen, but it’s doable. Particularly if there’s a tie. I need Sefir to confirm his willingness to do it again. Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Metzengerstein will be my AGSOTD this Friday. There will be a mini-review. I might nominate a few more before this is done. There are a few that finished second several times, but never managed to get to the top spot.

Mini-reviews of all the games are available in the AGSOTD thread. Although you may have to look for them yourself. I’ve had little luck posting links to the games. The exception is Azada which also appeared in an AG review as a HO-free game.

Per chrissie’s post, I also recommend the CE version of Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala. Also Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen is a very long game. (I’m guessing 8-10 hours for the basic game, and two hours for the bonus game.) The CE bonus game is required to properly finish the game.

* If anyone wants to take over counting and posting votes so that he or she can have the ability to be an authoritarian tie-breaker, please raise your hand. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

rtrooney - 08 September 2016 09:04 PM

As you will note, I will play the game if it wins.

That’s very fair of you, Tim. I promise to follow your example and play whatever wins.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

rtrooney - 09 September 2016 02:51 PM

Current vote as of September 7

Six more days before voting closes! Still missing in action: Colpet, Dara100, uruboo, TimovieMan, among others…and Iznogood, although I certainly understand if he is not feeling up to the task yet.

Hi, Tim.  I’m just out of the hospital from emergency abdominal surgery and won’t be joining this time but will certainly watch the playthrough with interest. As usual I won’t vote for a game I won’t be joining.  Have fun all!  Smile

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Here’s to your speedy recovery, Dara!  We hope you’ll be able to join in next time. 

By the way, I will play any of the games chosen for the playthough.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Thanks Lady K!

Read about your new computer.  I’m jealous.  Smile

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Get well soon Dara!  Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of September 10

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting close on either September 15 or if we go three straight days with no new posts. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie.* This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

5 Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim, Becky, chrissie, furgotten

Five more days before voting closes! Still missing in action: Colpet, uruboo, TimovieMan, among others. Dara100 and Iznogood are two players on the injured reserve list. I certainly understand why they are not feeling up to the task yet. Get well, both of you.

Sefir had offered to lead Asada and Becky has offered to lead Royal Trouble but only if the game starts in October. It would take some shifiting of dates to make that happen, but it’s doable. Particularly if there’s a tie. I need Sefir to confirm his willingness to do it again. Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Metzengerstein will be my AGSOTD this Friday. There will be a mini-review. I might nominate a few more before this is done. There are a few that finished second several times, but never managed to get to the top spot.

Mini-reviews of all the games are available in the AGSOTD thread. Although you may have to look for them yourself. I’ve had little luck posting links to the games. The exception is Azada which also appeared in an AG review as a HO-free game.

Per chrissie’s post, I also recommend the CE version of Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala. Also Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen is a very long game. (I’m guessing 8-10 hours for the basic game, and two hours for the bonus game.) The CE bonus game is required to properly finish the game.

* If anyone wants to take over counting and posting votes so that he or she can have the ability to be an authoritarian tie-breaker, please raise your hand. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I think I’m ready to play a new Casual game, so you can add my vote to Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Welcome back. I know it’s not funny for you, but I still laugh a bit thinking about you doing rehab for the torn muscle you incurred while doing rehab for the heart issue.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m glad you’ll be joining us, Izno!

Dara100 - 10 September 2016 06:19 PM

Read about your new computer.  I’m jealous.  Smile

It has more “features” than I’ll ever use, Dara, but I like it for the most part.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of September 11

6 Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim, Becky, chrissie, furgotten, Iznogood

Four more days before voting closes! Still missing in action: Colpet, uruboo, TimovieMan, among others. Dara100 is on the injured reserve list. I certainly understand why she is not feeling up to the task yet. Get well soon.

Sefir had offered to lead Asada and Becky has offered to lead Royal Trouble but only if the game starts in October. It would take some shifiting of dates to make that happen, but it’s doable. Particularly if there’s a tie. I need Sefir to confirm his willingness to do it again. If I don’t hear from him by Monday, I will lead the game. Although that won’t change the vote count.

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Metzengerstein was my AGSOTD this past Friday. There was a mini-review.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

chrissie and Tim, thanks for the good wishes, and
izzy, glad you’re on the mend.

Thumbs Up  Laughing

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Current vote as of September 12 Only change is me as Azada leader

We will continue the standard process. Nominations and voting close on September 15. Since there are only three days left going three straight days with no new posts is a non-issue. If there is a tie, everyone, including those who didn’t vote, is eligible to cast one vote for one of the tied games. Tie-break voting will last five days. If there is still a tie, the person running the voting process, (me in this case,) will break the tie.* This differs slightly from the AGCPT process in that there are no carry-over votes. Voting to break the tie starts from scratch.

6 Enigmatis 3 - The Shadow of Karkhala Lady Kestrel (leader) Tim, Becky, chrissie, furgotten, Iznogood
3 Azada in Libro Tim (leader), Becky, crabapple

Still missing in action: Colpet, uruboo, TimovieMan, among others. Dara100 is on the injured reserve list. I certainly understand why she is not feeling up to the task yet. Get well soon.

Becky has offered to lead Royal Trouble but only if the game starts in October. It would take some shifiting of dates to make that happen, but it’s doable. Particularly if there’s a tie.

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe’s Metzengerstein was my AGSOTD this past Friday. There was a mini-review.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top