• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #25:  Inherit the Earth

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

I just had a look at the first few pages of the Adventurer’s Guide and it reads more like a walkthrough…. Is it a good idea to read it completely before playing?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

@Rtooney: I tried PM’ing you the adventurers guide, but I get the msg: “The size of your attachments has exceeded the allowed limit.” So I guess you’ll have to do the same as us, download it manually, which Wilco allready “unhelpfully”, as you put it, explained how to.

@Siddhi, the maps are at the bottom of the guide, the first part is indeed the walkthrough, so don’t read that! Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Siddhi - 07 December 2013 08:29 PM

I just had a look at the first few pages of the Adventurer’s Guide and it reads more like a walkthrough…. Is it a good idea to read it completely before playing?

I’d skip ahead to the maps on pages 13-18.
Assuming you need the maps.
The “Adventurer’s Guide” is kind of like a game guide.

The manual (Inherit the Earth - Manual.pdf) will give you a brief intro to the game and tell about game controls.

I just PMed rtooney a dropbox link for the Adventurer’s Guide.
Is it OK to post it here in the forum?

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I don’t think anyone was trying to slight you, RT, and, in fact, I thought they were being helpful by telling you where to find the files.

Edit:  Thanks for your further help, players.  Thumbs Up

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

crabapple - 07 December 2013 08:44 PM

You’ll have to ask Timovieman about that, Crabapple.  I don’t know.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d rather you didn’t. Since the manual and adventurer’s guide is part of the content you get when purchasing the game, I do believe the following part of our Forum Rules & Guidelines applies:

No copyrighted material
Excerpting is allowed, but please do not post any copyrighted material from any source wholesale. This includes any scans from in-print magazines.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I have received several messages and files containing the appropriate information. I thank all who helped. You two know who you are. Thumbs Up

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 07 December 2013 10:00 PM

I’d rather you didn’t. Since the manual and adventurer’s guide is part of the content you get when purchasing the game, I do believe the following part of our Forum Rules & Guidelines applies:

No copyrighted material
Excerpting is allowed, but please do not post any copyrighted material from any source wholesale. This includes any scans from in-print magazines.

But, not all of us who purchased the same game from the same source, GOG, got the same material. Is it not fair that identical information should be available to all players. I am so grateful to two players who gave me the information that allowed me to participate on the same playing field as they are. Why should other players be disadvantaged?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

By posting the link on a public forum, you’re essentially giving the same information to everyone, whether or not they actually bought the game.

I didn’t say I was opposed to PM’ing it. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Lady Kestrel - 03 December 2013 03:49 AM

This first section will end after you have obtained the map to the wild lands.

Uh-oh, my bad I think I played a bit more than what I was supposed to on this first leg of the quest since after receiving said map another location opened up in the known lands map and I heedlessly went on to explore and act to the situation thus presented. For reasons I won’t mention I totally regret my actions. Foot in mouth

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Siddhi - 07 December 2013 08:29 PM

I agree that this is really a Walkthrough of the game, and I would recommend only reading it if you actually need it. Of course the maps are quite useful, but I personally prefer to explore as much as possible on my own, and also only use the maps when I need them, or when I have gotten tired walking aimlessly around.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

TimovieMan - 07 December 2013 10:00 PM

I’d rather you didn’t.

OK. Just thought I’d ask before posting it.
I’ll delete the file from Dropbox after the Community Playthrough is finished.

Lady Kestrel - 07 December 2013 03:00 PM

The first time I played the game in Mac OS9, I didn’t have any maps but still managed to navigate the areas successfully and found the shortcut in the rat complex.

There was a shortcut?

Lady Kestrel - 03 December 2013 03:49 AM

Holding down the left mouse button while aiming the cursor will allow Rif to walk wherever you want him to go…

Somehow I missed this earlier. I’d been click, click, clicking in the often-limited area around Rif to get him to move. Then late last night I discovered I could just hold down the mouse button and he’d keep walking in that direction.

They seem to have made a big raccoon out to be the thief. I wonder if that’s because raccoons have masks. Possibly not a raccoon at all, but some other creature dressed up as one?

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

I can say that after about a half dozen trips to and fro to visit Sist and to conduct mission business within the ferret enclave the navigation issue has almost dissolved. Grin

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Heh.  Do you mean those pathways are forever etched into your brain cells, Ray?

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Oh yes, I don’t want to say too much other than to intimate that terrain memorization will be a valuable skill in this game. Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top