• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #25:  Inherit the Earth

Total Posts: 5596

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

rtrooney - 02 December 2013 11:56 AM

Ten days per episode seems perfectly doable. What is your approximation as to the number of hours per episode. I can probably devote an hour or so a day to it. Any more than that is going to be a bit of a problem.

I think your time frame is workable, rt, and the 10 days for each episode is probably generous.  The first two parts are roughly equal in length and the last one is shorter, so there should be time to play catch-up if necessary.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Just installed the GOG version on win7 64 bit and it works fine with the shortcut set to run in 640x480.
I haven’t played this game before.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’s nice to see quite a few first time players.  I hope you’ll enjoy it.  Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Gunning the engines Smile

I will not start playing until tomorrow. I will not start until tomorrow.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Well, dear players, it’s now time to begin our quest for the elusive Orb of Storms, and the best place to start is by talking to everyone you meet in the marketplace.  Some of the morphs will be very helpful, and some decidedly less so, but the conversations go quickly and can give you clues as to what to do and where to go next.  Also, talk to your companions periodically because they may have suggestions as well.

The first time I played Inherit the Earth, both the isometric view and the use of interactive verbs were new to me, but I soon got the hang of interacting in the game environment.  Holding down the left mouse button while aiming the cursor will allow Rif to walk wherever you want him to go, while Eeah and Okk move around him like satellites.  Sometimes in tight places you think they’re going to trip over each other, but they always sort themselves out and move on.

After you’ve explored the immediate area and have left the marketplace, the view will change to a map of the known lands with more areas to explore.  Just click on the place you want your characters to visit next.

This first section will end when you have obtained the map to the wild lands.  I anticipate that we’ll be moving on to the next section on Friday, Dec. 13, so keep that goal in mind.

Don’t forget to use spoiler tags when discussing anything that might give away the plot and puzzle solutions, and if you need help navigating some areas or want a gentle nudge, let me know. 

Now go find that Orb, if you can!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

For some reason I ended up with a double post, so I’ll just add that I’ll enjoy discussing the game with you.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Just installed GOG version and it runs fine with setting the resolution to 640x480. Just finished talking to everyone at the faireground (I think(. The isometric view kind of confuses me though. Every part seems to look the same and I keep getting the feeling that I’ve not covered the whole ground.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

In the marketplace, there are 4 stationary morphs you can visit, plus anyone you can catch on the fly.  The 2 in tents are the most important.

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Whatever GOG uses the installation was problem free. Windowed mode (default) just seems too small to appreciate the scope of the environment but on the other hand full screen becomes too pixellated for my eyes to identify the scenarios and not the blocks. Compromised by forcing the game window to about 3/4 full screen. Managed to take a run around the fence but at least now from what I’ve heard I have a starting point. Anyhow, from what I’ve seen it should be fun. Wink

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Anny experience with the iOS app? Some reviews indicate that the port is pretty bad…

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I haven’t had any experience with the iOS app, jaap, so I can’t help you there.

That size sounds like a good screen size compromise, Ray.  I have played it both ways but currently have it in full screen on my 14” iBook, which is not too much of a stretch.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Installed but not tried it out yet, evening shifts have taken the juice out of me. But there’s only two days left before a long holiday! So I should be able to keep up with this.

First time playing for me too.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Game screen measures 13in diag which come to think was probably the size of the CRT I owned when the game was new. Grin

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am ashamed. Day one of gameplay and the 2:00-3:00 meeting lasted until 5:30. Now all those things that were to be done at 3:00 onward were pushed back 2.5 hours. So, as I take a quick break from putting dinner together I realize that I may not get in my first day’s hour. Will try later tonight, but who knows. Real Life gets in the way! The only game I was ever able to play as part of a CPT was AVS. I got lucky.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Lady Kestrel - 03 December 2013 11:52 AM

In the marketplace, there are 4 stationary morphs you can visit, plus anyone you can catch on the fly.  The 2 in tents are the most important.

Yup, I did those two. The other thing that confused me is the number of things you can do that don’t seem to have a purpose. Like, you can open and enter any door of a house, but they are all the same and nothing to do inside. Also, in the sanctuary you can search for a cup and give it to a person looking for it, but when you do that she says “I’m sorry, I dont have anything to help you” and runs away… Wonder if it is just a side-quest kind of thing or if it has an impact later on.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top