• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifuNelza

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #25:  Inherit the Earth

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Check again. The GOG version offers additional download content, that being a manual along with an adventurer’s guide that includes everything you need to solve the game along with all the maps should you choose to peek.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Lady Kestrel - 06 December 2013 10:09 PM

By the way, in the rat tunnels you pass through the sundial room.  In the original floppy disk version, a rat would ask Rif questions there, the answers to which would be found in the manual.

Ahh. I was wondering what the purpose of the room was.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I fired it up yesterday and played for a while. I’m enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. The voice acting is well done and I like how the different type of animals have different styles of voices. I love the atmosphere of the world. Fortunately I had been reading this thread, so I was prepared for the silly amount of walking back and forth. I’m currently in the rat cave, I have spoken to Sist, but now I’m stuck trying to find my way back out again Gasp Knowing that I have to return here several times during the game is not a comforting thought.. I think I’ll have to get those maps.

EDIT: Heh, finally found my way out. I didn’t realize at first that there were two doors in the sundial room, so I was stuck walking in circles looking for exits in the southern part of the cave Tongue

Edit: Allrighty! Got the map to the wild lands.

Though I seem to be able to enjoy the game more than Kurufinwe, I have to agree with this:

Kurufinwe - 04 December 2013 03:15 PM

Good grief… The moron who came up with the idea for those gigantic isometric environments with nothing to do in them except getting lost needs to get disembowelled.

This part of the design really drags the whole game down.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

RayB - 07 December 2013 12:26 AM

Check again. The GOG version offers additional download content, that being a manual along with an adventurer’s guide that includes everything you need to solve the game along with all the maps should you choose to peek.

As I got mine from GOG, could you please give me the filenames? That way I won’t accidentally open something that was not intended to be opened. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Anyone knows anything about the status of the sequel?

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m sorry I didn’t get back here until now, but I’ve been running around getting ready for a party I’m having tomorrow.

rtrooney - 07 December 2013 01:44 PM
RayB - 07 December 2013 12:26 AM

As I got mine from GOG, could you please give me the filenames? That way I won’t accidentally open something that was not intended to be opened. Smile

The map you need is called the rat complex in the adventurers guide, but I don’t have a file name for you, since I have the paper version.

It’s great that GOG included the manual with the download.  The first time I played the game in Mac OS9, I didn’t have any maps but still managed to navigate the areas successfully and found the shortcut in the rat complex.  My paper version of the guide came with the OSX version.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Wyrmkeep Entertainment has nothing in the works about a continuation of the game, but there is a definite ending to this game.  They do have some comics available but with different characters.
The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

rtrooney - 07 December 2013 01:44 PM

The file with the maps is called Inherit the Earth - Adventurer’s Guide.pdf
Pages 13-18 of the pdf are maps.
Pages 5-11 have a very general guide to playing the game—i.e. they tell you generally where you have to go and who to talk to to progress in the game. Of course the hard part is actually finding these places and these people.

The manual (Inherit the Earth - Manual.pdf) tells you about the controls.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Lady Kestrel - 07 December 2013 03:14 PM

Wyrmkeep Entertainment has nothing in the works about a continuation of the game, but there is a definite ending to this game.  They do have some comics available but with different characters.

I quite distinctly remember, when they cancelled the Inherit the Earth 2 kickstarter campaign, that they said they were going back to the drawing board to keep working with the game, and to figure out a better pitch, so I was pretty convinced there was something in the works. Do you know for sure that the production has been cancelled for good?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Dag - 07 December 2013 03:21 PM
Lady Kestrel - 07 December 2013 03:14 PM

I quite distinctly remember, when they cancelled the Inherit the Earth 2 kickstarter campaign, that they said they were going back to the drawing board to keep working with the game, and to figure out a better pitch, so I was pretty convinced there was something in the works. Do you know for sure that the production has been cancelled for good?

They are still working on it and will be trying another kickstarter maybe:

http://inherittheearth2.com/

http://www.wyrmkeep.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=6e0a2dcae164857f531fb475a9d93908&topic=435.0;prev_next=next#new

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Ah, thanks Dag and Wilco!  I didn’t even know they had tried a Kickstarter campaign.  I was just going with the information on the Wyrmkeep website.  I do hope they try again.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

crabapple - 07 December 2013 03:16 PM

Pages 5-11 have a very general guide to playing the game—i.e. they tell you generally where you have to go and who to talk to to progress in the game. Of course the hard part is actually finding these places and these people.

Thanks. My GOG download included Manual.PDF which includes the basic instructions for installing, playing and configuring the game as well as Credits.

It did not come with the Adventurer’s Guide.PDF. I would be grateful if anyone could email or PM me a copy. TIA.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

rtrooney - 07 December 2013 05:58 PM
crabapple - 07 December 2013 03:16 PM

Thanks. My GOG download included Manual.PDF which includes the basic instructions for installing, playing and configuring the game as well as Credits.

It did not come with the Adventurer’s Guide.PDF. I would be grateful if anyone could email or PM me a copy. TIA.

It’s in the gog.com game page in the your account in the site. Under the Bonus Content

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thanks for the f*ing help. Instead of simply sending the file, I get to jump through hoops at GOG.

That’s it! I formally resign from this game. Unlike AVS, my fellow players have been uniformly unhelpful.

Hopefully the next CPT will be more enjoyable.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Sorry rt, I didn’t get a chance to check the thread until just now.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top