• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danielalbuFlorus

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Just in….new BS game….Broken Sword:the Serpent’s Curse

facebook link

and it is a kickstarter….not much of a shocker though,repordtedly they had some financial problems hence the director’s cut versions etc.

kickstarter link

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

ok if the video in the kickstarter is any indication i’d say it’s going for 2.5D Wink

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

So it’s official! Broken Sword 5 woohoo! The only thing that startled me, that they’re going the kickstarter route. Well, this is a sure pledge for me, hope the other people are not yet completely fatigued by KS and pledge some money too!

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i’m gonna be as fit as possible for this one

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Can’t say i’m surprised that they are going the Kickstarter route.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Just saw their kickstarter video, it’s nicely done, but I’m not feeling the design of 3D characters… The 2D characters would so gracefully complimented the beautiful backgrounds… anyone with me?

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

haven’t decided yet…the only thing i’m not feeling is George’s hair….there’s volume to it…example

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

jhetfield21 - 23 August 2012 09:06 AM

ok if the video in the kickstarter is any indication i’d say it’s going for 2.5D Wink

I stand corrected. Confused I am surprised it’s going down the 2.5D route; they did say it was going to be pure 2D!

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

jhetfield21 - 22 August 2012 03:23 PM

it’s not that different from National Treasure.

Don’t compare it to National Treasure - or even The Da Vinci Code - as Broken Sword (1) is WAY better at handling the Templars! Not to mention Gabriel Knight 3 too… Even Charles thought National Treasure was pants… Tongue

but aside from how plausible such a scenario is,would you be interested if it could happen?

No, I wouldn’t. Broken Sword is better when it’s in 2D and animated. Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Of course I’m thrilled, but I’ll have to get some things off my chest:

- NOT thrilled it’s a Kickstarter. Don’t ask me why, and it’s not really much of a problem, it might be that I wanted BS5 to come back as a regular production.

- I’m not sure about the 2D art style - it might turn out to be nice, and I’d wish “nothing more” than the style of Broken Sword 1 - more animation and “cartoon” feel to it.

- Don’t quite dig the 3D characters - it’s one of the reasons I didn’t care for latest Pendulo games - too much of cel-shading makes them look less natural.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

ok first off here’s a link for an interview of Charles by AdventureTreff.
Part 1

Part 2

ok @Dusty….i’m just pointing out the similarities of the two stories,leave aside what absurdities they might have or which is better.

personally i don’t mind a kickstarter for this one.it offers some things i really want in the middle tier.also it seems they didn’t have that much freedom in the past with the publishers so i’m interested in the result.

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

jhetfield21 - 23 August 2012 10:16 AM

ok first off here’s a link for an interview of Charles by AdventureTreff.
Part 1
Part 2(not up yet)

Thanks for the link.

ok @Dusty….i’m just pointing out the similarities of the two stories,leave aside what absurdities they might have or which is better.

I didn’t see that many similarities with the story at all, to be honest. Meh

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

It looks like a publisher was very interested in Broken Sword 5, but Charles turned them down…

http://www.edge-online.com/news/biggest-thirdparty-publisher-wanted-broken-sword-5

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Another kickstarter!!!!!!?

...backed .

Now 2013 can’t come soon enough so I can finally play some games.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

ok both videos are up….

i think this is going really well.it’s been what,1 1 and a half hours and it’s already near 30.000$.if this rate continues by the end of this day this project will have been backed fully.maybe have some extra change too.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top