• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Florus

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Lucien21: Quiet, you! I want a giant step backwards - same style as 1 and 2 only with graphics on the level of say current Daedalic games Grin

And if the good people at Revolution are being extra nice they’ll completely ignore the existence of 4 (and if I had my way also 3, though I guess that one is “okay”).

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

personally yes i do.the third though it was annoying at first had an interesting enough story for me and though it needed some more work in gameplay it was nice,i agree that the fourth was dreadful but that was because they tried so hard to follow up with 3D that they couldn’t follow through with the rest of the aspects.

also it’s already been hinted at the revolution forums that the next BS will be a step back as you call it.although it might not be 2D but 2.5D which sounds very interesting.Can they achieve the graphical goodness of Secret Files while having a story as good as the first two BS games?

not that a BASS sequel would not be as exciting as BS5.
but really don’t you want to see this series pick up again after all this time?George is too good a character to have his last adventure be BS4.

let’s say that simply 3D doesn’t suit them so far.unless they change staff at least.they had two chances to do it but failed both times.and the second time the story suffer quite a lot even if the gameplay was better.

for a step forward even if totally fictional i would like to see a collaboration with Rockstar.imagine a game with a story as good as BS1,2 and with the graphics of LA Noire(mainly the facial animation) and Max Payne 3(all the rest in realtime) combined.I wouldn’t mind it if the control was like BS4.Both ways.In LA Noire i had no problem with the control but i also think a point and click would be pretty nice.what do you guys think?

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2011-10-09

PM

Honestly, my feelings about this game are same as for Black mirror series. Not a same game if style is changed, unrelated with graphics and other revolutionary things. Nerd

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

if anything it’s style changed around number 3.now that it’s hinting on going back to the origins is like saying back to the old style.of course we can’t expect them to do everything the same.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2011-10-09

PM

jhetfield21 - 22 August 2012 10:52 AM

if anything it’s style changed around number 3.now that it’s hinting on going back to the origins is like saying back to the old style.of course we can’t expect them to do everything the same.

Ofc, just the soul Grin

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

jhetfield21 - 22 August 2012 10:11 AM

although it might not be 2D but 2.5D which sounds very interesting.Can they achieve the graphical goodness of Secret Files while having a story as good as the first two BS games?

It’s highly unlikely. Charles Cecil and Tony Warriner have already said numerous times that their games are going back to 2D.

for a step forward even if totally fictional i would like to see a collaboration with Rockstar.imagine a game with a story as good as BS1,2 and with the graphics of LA Noire(mainly the facial animation) and Max Payne 3(all the rest in realtime) combined.I wouldn’t mind it if the control was like BS4.Both ways.In LA Noire i had no problem with the control but i also think a point and click would be pretty nice.what do you guys think?

I doubt Rockstar ever would as they only focus on action games and games for adults. I don’t think a mystery series with pure puzzle solving would interest them very much. Also, Rockstar focus on making games that are heavily influenced by movies.

Either way, I’m really excited about the announcement. I just hope we haven’t got to wait very long afterwards for the game to be released. Smile

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

well 2.5D is not that far from 2D…..but i’m satisfied eitherway as long as it brings the magic back.

as far as Rockstar goes,LA Noire was nearly pure puzzle solving and didn’t come from movies.and while it was team bondi the developed it,it’s still sth that has to be approved of by Rockstar.and let’s not forget that probably something like BS could very well have been a movie.it’s not that different from National Treasure.

but aside from how plausible such a scenario is,would you be interested if it could happen?

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I rarely get excited about a new videogame nowadays, but man, nothing gets me into excitement mode more than the announcement of new Broken Sword! Come on Charles, let it roll!

Along with Jensen’s games, this must be the announcement of the year.

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

jhetfield21: L.A. Noir pretty much played like an old detective movie, so yes, it keeps in line with the regular Rockstar way of keeping a cinematic feel.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Is this a Kickstarter project or is it funded fully by Revolution? Doesn’t really matter to me, but I’m just curious.

This is great news. What a comeback year for adventures!

Tim Schafer
Jane Jensen
Al Lowe
Mark Crowe and Scott Murphy
Charles Cecil
Lori and Corey Cole (soon)

and many, many more.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

yes but BS doesn’t differ all that much from National Treasure as i said and it’s not like LA Noire was all that much action packed.Only towards the end where you wrapped up the main story.

also BS almost got a movie so it’s not that weird.

anyway…..let’s forget this.i’m more interested in your opinions about a hypothetical scenario where the two companies collaborated in making BS like an LA Noire but with the graphical magic of Max Payne 3.

EDIT1:weren’t the two DC versions of BS1 and BS2 and the android/tablet versions meant as a fundraising campaign for future projects?

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Even though it’s completely ridicolus that the two would team up, then hypothetically speaking, I still think it’s a horrible, horrible idea. BS works best in 2D.

Oh and being movie-like doesn’t have to mean that it’s constantly full of action. I said L.A. Noir pretty much plays out like a movie in the sense of a detective story.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

my bad i was trying to answer both your’s and dusty’s.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2010-12-17

PM

!!

BS5 BS5 BS5 BS5 BS5

Heart Eyes

Been waiting for this announcement for ages now but it’s finally here! From what Charles has been saying too, it sounds as if they have pulled out all the stops when it comes to making sure the teaser is top-quality. *Drools* *Heart races* *Heart explodes!!* 

Like what you have done to the site AG btw. hehe Smile ...oh yeah… my heart has exploded hasn’t it. lol

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

less than two hours…..

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top