• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

As much as I’d like them to improve on the things I mentioned for episode 1 (like adding more life to environments), I’d feel slightly hard done by if they did because I assumed the version I played was finished. I don’t want to play through it again to make sure I got the optimal experience.

I’m really not a fan of developers pushing out a product before it’s 100% done. Ultimately I would’ve preferred if Revolution delayed the entire game till it was done. I know they keep saying they wanted to put something out before Christmas for the fans…call me a skeptic, but I’m sure they had other reasons, like maximising the exposure of the game and generating some income. Don’t get me wrong—I really like Rev as a developer and I’m not trying to paint them as bad guys—I just would’ve preferred the whole game at once.

I guess the positive side of it is them taking feedback from episode 1 and using it to improve episode 2.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

rottford - 06 January 2014 03:32 PM

Does this mean we’ll see an even more polished-up version of part one when the whole game releases—one that’s even more like what we wanted? That’s interesting.

Well, I actually came across a bug with the painter in London, where the character model for him goes all kind of crazy for a moment. It could be cleanups like that.

I agree with you Orient. I think there’s more behind the 2-part split. I’d say it’s likely them wanting early income too.

That being said, I do, to a certain extent, welcome developers tweaking gameplay after feedback. Lots of games outside of the adventure genre do it fairly regularly now. Adding in little things which they missed out until hindsight doesn’t hurt anyone.

Of course, if they release a game when it’s to the point of not working proper or is clearly rushed in areas, that’s a different story.

On a side note, I received a reply from Revolution regarding my email asking they consider releasing the previous games on the system:

Hi XXXXX,

Thanks for getting in touch! We always like to hear from fans of the game - and a little morale boost never hurts Smile

Releasing the original Broken Sword for PS Vita is not something we would rule out in the future - although our priority right now is the newest game Smile

But thank you for your feedback; it’s greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point Cecil and co. would come out at say that episode 1 was just an extented beta without early access label. Now, don’t get me wrong, I like the game. It’s among the best adevntures I played last year, but still it feels and plays like a beta game at places.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

tomimt - 07 January 2014 02:29 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point Cecil and co. would come out at say that episode 1 was just an extented beta without early access label.

I think he’s smart enough not to admit that, even if it were true Tongue Fans would go crazy. Let’s be fair, though—it’s lengthy for half a game (took me 8 hours) and it’s relatively stable and bug free, which makes it more than a beta in my opinion. I never felt like I was playing a beta, apart for some uneven volume in parts.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Even its Beta, its much better than Most of AGames on Market now and released in recent
years. So i accept it as positive sign.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2012-11-09

PM

Yet another delay. Is there a chance than at least one game that I am interested in is released on schedule? They should have released the whole game when it´s finished, but I can understand why they wanted to release the first part before Christmas. Now at least I will have the time to replay 3rd and 4th game before BS5 is released (already replayed 1st and 2nd game).

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2007-08-22

PM

Hey is the second part still supoused to be realeased this month?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I haven’t been checking the official forums but at Steam 31st was thrown around.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The latest news is late February / early March.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-01-04

PM

I hope BS 5 is good. Really enjoying the first game. New to the series and its just really fun can’t believe I never played it till now.

Check out my channel on YouTube for my Playthrough of Broken Sword https://www.youtube.com/user/IneptAdventureGamer

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

IneptAdventureGamer - 08 January 2014 01:37 AM

I hope BS 5 is good. Really enjoying the first game. New to the series and its just really fun can’t believe I never played it till now.

In which case, you’ve got the first 2 games to look forward to as well!

Man, I wish I could erase my memory of the first game, so I could enjoy experiencing it for the first time all over again.

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-01-04

PM

Terramax - 08 January 2014 11:14 PM
IneptAdventureGamer - 08 January 2014 01:37 AM

In which case, you’ve got the first 2 games to look forward to as well!

Man, I wish I could erase my memory of the first game, so I could enjoy experiencing it for the first time all over again.

Yeah equally looking forward to all of them. I love the animation so much makes it feel like an adult version of the classic Disney Animated films. Also has a very strong Lucasarts vibe (to me at least)

Check out my channel on YouTube for my Playthrough of Broken Sword https://www.youtube.com/user/IneptAdventureGamer

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Looks like we might be seeing a PS4 version: http://t.co/IDhARAFgJv

It’s down for June the 26th.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Broken Sword: The Serpents Curse to be released for the XBO and the PS4 this summer:

Yum

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top