• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

inm8#2: Seeing as it’s the first two games people like - and the first two games which has sold gangbusters in their new versions - I think it’s fair to say most people pledging like that style a lot.

And clearly Cecil and company doesn’t always know what’s best - just look at the abomination that was Broken Sword 4. Even though publisher might be to blame for some parts I doubt that’s the entire reason as 3 wasn’t as god awful, even with its ton of retarded box pushing “puzzles”.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Dan_Dan_91_07 - 23 August 2012 07:43 PM

lol You know, when George said “Paris in the spring”, I suddenly found myself with a gigantic smile on my face. xD

second that,with a big Cherry on top XD XD

for me the new look is more than welcome….my only “complaint” is that george still doesn
t feel like george.and it’s because it’s this game and this character that this can become a problem.the character is so strongly defined through the games and has it’s own entity.you have to make him as recognisable as possible.and when many people mention it then it’s probably wrong.something which is fixable easily as he is one asset and won’t affect production since the current one can be used and changed later by the fixed one.but even if they don’t fix george i’m gonna play it with a big smile Grin.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’ve always found it jarring that the lead female character had a name no French woman under 60 would have. I see at least now they’ve given her a voice and face to match.  Sick

Oh well, backed anyway. Based on BS4 and the BS1 remake, I’m not convinced Cecil and Revolution have another great game in them still, but I’m willing to give them a chance for old time’s sake.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

I am pledging 100$ as soon as I have the money and for me this is the most exciting KS project and a long awaited sequel. After BS4 i began losing hope we would ever see a new BS game and for it to look as good as this is more endorphines then I can handle Smile
It does seem that George got a bit of a facelift though Smile
Only worried about customs taking another 20-40$ depending on the package value but cant fight the Man.
The only thing that can wreck 2013 for adventures now is the Apocalypse Grin

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

if you are not in the EU US or UK then there is extra 10$.....if i remember correctly….check the kickstarter all the way down there is a small FAQ and they do mention it.

EDIT1:don’t bother here it is

Shipping is free for the UK, EU, US, Canada, Norway, Switzerland, and Iceland.

For all other locations, please add $10 to your pledge to cover additional shipping costs.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

Yeah I don’t think Croatia will be in the EU by then Smile
What I ment was that Croatian customs take an extra 25%+13% for taxes and whatnot. The last shipment I recieved was worth 60$ and had to pay around 20$ to my lovely country. But i won’t mind paying extra just to get my hands on the boxed version

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

wow….tough!

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2011-02-12

PM

I am already a backer, although I’m not such a Broken Sword fan (I loved the first one, but that’s all). For the common good of adventure games, I hope the goal is reached and If I’m right it’ll be above it in a few days.

Charles Cecil and his new Broken Sword game only confirms that Pendulo chose the wrong platform for Day One at Gamesplanet Lab instead of Kickstarter. I don’t think that Broken Sword games are much better than Runaway or Yesterday, however Revolution have so much fans pledging that makes you think why Pendulo don’t.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2005-03-13

PM

The project looks pretty great and thankfully very different from the fourth one in terms of atmosphere. I like the look of the characters, and there’s just something about the video that draws me in. However, unless I can find a job before the end of September, I doubt I’ll be donating more than just enough to get the game. Tex Murphy ate my entire video game budget for years to come.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

first update to the kickstarter:
Update #1

they toned down the light on George’s model….it looks a lot better.and it seems the art is still not final so for those of you that want the art to get better have hopes it seems they take every thing into account.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The problem with 3D and cel-shading in this case is not only in the design choice itself - but how it reflects on George’s overall look, especially compared to earlier games.

Now, George Stobbart, just like Guybrush Threepwood, doesn’t really have the “definite” look, if we’re to compare games:

changes were always there, but they somehow felt natural, especially if you want to consider that George is getting older. I mean, is Broken Sword 4 bad game because of bad George model? And Broken Sword 3 had a nice “cartoon” twist to the traditionally blocky 3D adventure game models. But this:

has the same share of problems like some sort of a super hero film reboot with another actor - doesn’t quite fit with the character image and evolution. I don’t say it looks “bad”, and it seems like it could nicely blend George from first 3 games, but - because of a design choice it feels lifeless, sterile and too much like a Flash game, which is why I think even 3D models from earlier games have more charm to it. To add to the confusion there’s the cover art/poster, where I’ve seen someone said he looks like a Dolph Lundgren on it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

like i said to Steve ,i might like him after i watch the video 5-10 times.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I don’t really have any issues with the look of the characters. Smile

I’ve pledged $250! I want that Templar keyring and that ‘History of Broken Sword’ book! Cool

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Kurufinwe - 24 August 2012 01:29 AM

I’ve always found it jarring that the lead female character had a name no French woman under 60 would have. I see at least now they’ve given her a voice and face to match.  Sick

That’s kind of funny - here Nicole is a regular name for younger people in their 20’s.

And even if it wasn’t I’m surprised a detail like that would annoy you this much. It’s like complaining that you hated a game because the lead character liked oatmeal and no-fucking-body should like oatmeal!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It doesn’t annoy me that much, but it is distracting. And even more so since she gets nicknamed “Nico”, which is short for Nicolas (a man’s name). Basically, whenever there’s something French in Broken Sword, they get it wrong (including their opening shot with the Eiffel tower in the Kickstarter video). It didn’t prevent me from enjoying the first 3 games, but it is sloppy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top