• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Broken Sword 5

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

jhetfield21 - 13 June 2012 01:54 PM

Sam Suede…..the game Steve is contracted for at the moment.

That looks horrible! I hope it is indeed doomed and that it dies quickly so Steve can get to work on BS5.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

according to steve it’s quite good.anyways let’s hope he will again work on another installment of the series and characters we all love.Grin

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Revolution made two brilliant games 15 years ago (BASS and BS1), and several mediocre games since then (not to mention the awful BS4). It’ll take a lot to convince me that they’ve still got it and for me to get excited about whatever new project they have in store.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

hey for one they come back to 2D which they know so well.that should take a bit of time back to the table so that the story and dialog can be as good as it can.if Steve gets involved it will be great.at least that’s what i think.for me even if BS2 wasn’t as good as the first it was still a very good game and solid revolution bs series title.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

I love the Broken Sword games Smile I just hope that if they are going to kickstart it, that they don’t do it anytime soon. My wallet can’t take much more of this! Also, does anyone know why Broken Sword 4 is not on Steam?

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Twitter: @TravisAC85

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

apparently they scrutinize the games they are publishing…..and as loved and well known as the series is,this particular installment was unanimously a let-down.thus no need to publish it.it would only be published in a packaged deal with all 4 of them.alone no way.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

gray pierce - 13 June 2012 12:35 PM

Anyway I for one hope they keep it 3D. It looked great in BS3. Only not so much in BS4. Series evolve, it’s normal. And it should happen. No point fighting it.

It’s not going to be 3D, that’s for sure. Not only do the vast majority of fans want 2D, but 2D makes more sense across multiple platforms, especially iOS devices. With the success of the Director’s Cuts, jumping back to 3D would only complicate things and confuse people.

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

jhetfield21 - 13 June 2012 04:47 PM

apparently they scrutinize the games they are publishing…..and as loved and well known as the series is,this particular installment was unanimously a let-down.thus no need to publish it.it would only be published in a packaged deal with all 4 of them.alone no way.

But Steam do publish games like Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel don’t they? Can’t see how anyone could consíder that a better game than Broken Sword 4. IMO Broken Sword is a good game, just not a great one like the others in the series.

You can buy Broken Sword 4 at GOG.com. And unlike the games you buy from Steam, it’s DRM free.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I just REALLY hope Revolution DON’T do another story revolving around the Templars again! Honestly, that topic has been done to death in the series! Shifty Eyed

There have been so many historical events in the past - so much untapped potential - that it’s just crazy for them to keep going over the same themes time and time again! Pan

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

One good thing about the popularity of adventures for tablets is that we may get away from the annoying interfaces which were created with consoles in mind.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I also hope they will forget Templars already. It is an interesting subject but I am already bored of it as it’s been milked everywhere for years now. There’s so much more to tap on, and you don’t even have to leave the Christian scene if you prefer it.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Veovis - 14 June 2012 07:25 AM
jhetfield21 - 13 June 2012 04:47 PM

But Steam do publish games like Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel don’t they? Can’t see how anyone could consíder that a better game than Broken Sword 4. IMO Broken Sword is a good game, just not a great one like the others in the series.

You can buy Broken Sword 4 at GOG.com. And unlike the games you buy from Steam, it’s DRM free.

fair point….but still.maybe they got drunk before looking at that one.who knows.maybe they were at a resort in one of those whole company vacations of theirs and left the janitor behind and he made an error in judgement.i don’t know.maybe they published that one because it’s exclusive.

anyway…...oh and before i forget…..Dusty if they stop using Templar history for the games then the name of the series becomes a little pointless.well they could change the name and keep the characters.maybe make a new series with the same characters about another historic theme like you said and characterize it as the next saga in George’s life of adventures.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

jhetfield21 - 14 June 2012 10:59 AM

anyway…...oh and before i forget…..Dusty if they stop using Templar history for the games then the name of the series becomes a little pointless.well they could change the name and keep the characters.maybe make a new series with the same characters about another historic theme like you said and characterize it as the next saga in George’s life of adventures.

BS2 wasn’t about the Templars. The new sequel could be just loosely connected or basically just hinting towards the earlier games here and there. And it wouldn’t be first game series with a confusing name. But I wouldn’t mind a new series with a new name either.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

true….i guess they should think about a new name.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

jhetfield21 - 14 June 2012 10:59 AM

How about a Nico spin-off? Hmm… “Nico and the Golden Turtle”...
On second thought, bad idea Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top