• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i did not play or speculate i knew!,.if Moebius was the winner of the three Pinkerton Road Studio Nominated titles with Mystery X and Lola and Lucy then simply when to read Jane saying:

‘But I was pleased that Anglophile Adventure actually did pretty well, too, because that’s a game I really want to make that I didn’t think my fans would be too excited about, It’s more of a departure.  But it wasn’t right for our first title”

then obviously that doe not apply on Lola and Lucy ,it just took a minute of using that brain inside my skull of mine.

and if there any doubt still just watch Lola and Lucy book/novel by jane which the game will be based upon
https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/jane-jensen-1/lola-and-lucys-big-adventure/

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie, Mystery Game X is none of the 3 planned games - Moebius, Anglophile Adventure and Gray Matter 2. Anglophile Adventure and Gray Matter 2 are now removed from the official site because Moebius won, but while they were there there was info that Mystery Game X is another game beside those 3 which is:

- A 3rd person adventure game
- A dark mystery story of the kind you associate with her and
- she (Jane Jensen) thinks you will really like it!

There’s an inside meme over at Pinkerton Road Forums of posting waiting gifs for the game, and the general thought is it’s GK related.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 04 January 2013 03:15 PM

Advie, Mystery Game X is none of the 3 planned games - Moebius, Anglophile Adventure and Gray Matter 2. Anglophile Adventure and Gray Matter 2 are now removed from the official site because Moebius won, but while they were there there was info that Mystery Game X is another game beside those 3 which is:

Well i cant argue anymore, when 3 of the respected members explain that i am wrong ... but that makes me wonder what is the hell with Jane, i believe if it is not gonna be a GK Episodes (after all) then ALL this hassle is just fuckin OVER!! boring and totally pointless !
what !!! or does she thinks she is Santa Clause

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Her hands are practically tied, because there’s a “big publisher” behind Mystery Game X and it’s their job to announce the title. That’s what all the hassle is about, and why some think it’s Activision/GK related.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

FWIW (not much), here are my current guesses:

1) I still don’t believe that Activision would devote money and PR resources to some small adventure game project. So if it is GK-related, then it means some other publisher is both funding the game and licensing the IP from Activision.

2) I wouldn’t be surprised if it were based on some licensed IP, GK or something else.

3) At this point, I’d bet the mystery publisher is Big Fish Games. It would make a lot of sense based on what we know.

But all of this is probably wrong.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Today I learned inserting words into quotes does not meet the criteria for playing or speculating. Wink

It’s definitely GK-related. Jane has all but confirmed with various hints and teases. The question is whether it’s a GK4-styled game (unlikely), a GK1 remake (possible), or something else entirely within GK (??).

But we do know it’s episodic.

Total Posts: 411

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I swear I read/heard that Jane said Mystery Game X was not GK4 during the kick starter. I personally think it’s GK related though. A vague thought in my head is that she’s doing a full adventure of the Dying for Daylight game.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

skeeter_93 - 04 January 2013 09:15 PM

I swear I read/heard that Jane said Mystery Game X was not GK4 during the kick starter. I personally think it’s GK related though. A vague thought in my head is that she’s doing a full adventure of the Dying for Daylight game.

I believe her actual quote was there wouldn’t be a GK game “this year” but she said that last year, and she may have been being sneaky.

I personally don’t care if it’s GK-related or not; I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy it either way, but if you read the Pinkerton forums, there is going to be a huge backlash if it turns out not to be GK-related.  After all the GK-ish hints she’s dropped, people have worked themselves up into a fervor, and anything less is going to really piss people off.  Which is too bad, because I think Jensen may end up being a victim to this hype which has been caused by the publisher’s slow-boating.

It’s ironic, but I think there’s a lot more interest in MGX than in Moebius, purely based on speculation.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Looking back on Jensen’s career, it may have been a mistake for her to follow up one Gabriel Knight game with another, because as a result she is only associated with this series. Her fans clamor for more GK and aren’t convinced that she could do anything else that is as great. It didn’t help that GM remained below expectations, though, save for some scripting issues, I would say that wasn’t her fault.

Just compare her career to Tim Schafer’s: so far he hasn’t done any sequels to his games, and as a result people are much more confident that he can create something new that is just as exciting and wonderful as his past work. Of course, there are still some cries for sequels, and I hope for a Psychonauts 2 sooner or later too, but it’s not like his fans are disappointed when it’s “just” something new and original instead.

I feel Jensen backed herself into a corner somewhat by only designing Gabriel Knight games in the 90s.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

She didn’t though. She also designed Peppers Adventures in Time, she co-designed Kings Quest 6, and wrote the story for Police Quest 3 and Eco Quest. All this in the first half of the nineties.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Kurufinwe - 04 January 2013 04:00 PM

FWIW (not much), here are my current guesses:

1) I still don’t believe that Activision would devote money and PR resources to some small adventure game project. So if it is GK-related, then it means some other publisher is both funding the game and licensing the IP from Activision.

2) I wouldn’t be surprised if it were based on some licensed IP, GK or something else.

3) At this point, I’d bet the mystery publisher is Big Fish Games. It would make a lot of sense based on what we know.

But all of this is probably wrong.

i agree with every point there. I dont see it being activision… and if theyr involved at all its very little. Iv also been betting on big fish games ever since she said it was episodic and said it wasnt telltale. And lastly, i also agree its probably all wrong because i feel like ive been consistently wrong about MGX (i was sure it would be a remake of gk1… and now that would be a disaster if they were remaking it as episodic)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jane 17-Dec talking about the kickstarter Video (Nothing especial really)

and an old message from Gabe 23/March (Nice!)

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

I hope the hype for this game doesn’t get to the point where no matter what it is, people will be disappointed.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Siddhi - 05 January 2013 12:17 PM

I hope the hype for this game doesn’t get to the point where no matter what it is, people will be disappointed.

Wise Enough Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Siddhi - 05 January 2013 12:17 PM

Too late. Meh

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top