• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Lambonius - 15 April 2013 12:15 AM
Quest1 - 15 April 2013 12:04 AM

Everyone should have the benefit of hearing the answer. Also, didn’t want to limit who is being asked. Anyone with relevant information should be allowed to chime in. Anyway, hopefully the questions will be answered soon. Also, I don’t have a different set of rules for how I communicate with individual developers as opposed to anyone else on here. So, next time I will be sure to be less specific about who I am addressing my questions to.

Like Bt said, I’m sure POS will speak up when and if they have anything relevant to say.  Regardless of whether or not they’re involved, it’s Jane’s (and presumably, Activision’s) game first and foremost, so POS simply might not have permission to speak about it (if, in fact, they have anything worth saying about it.)  Wink

That’s fine. Seems weird, though, that POS wouldn’t be able to state that it wasn’t working on the game, if in fact it isn’t. Why would POS be bound by any directives from Activision? Just wanted to put the questions out there in a public way and give people a chance to clear up the confusion; also, if there wasn’t a confirmation, then that may be seen as a sort of confirmation itself. And I don’t know why you are getting down on me. You are the one who brought up the whole thing on more than one occasion. :-P I was just looking for clarity in response to what you had said.

Maybe I should go over to POS and Pinkerton forums and start asking questions. Yes, and I know I should be patient. So I won’t overdo it. And I will be sure not to be rude. I’m just looking for answers. Is that so wrong?

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Quest1 - 15 April 2013 12:29 AM

And I don’t know why you are getting down on me. You are the one who brought up the whole thing on more than one occasion. :-P I was just looking for clarity in response to what you had said.

Maybe I should go over to POS and Pinkerton forums and start asking questions. Yes, and I know I should be patient. So I won’t overdo it. And I will be sure not to be rude. I’m just looking for answers. Is that so wrong?

There’s nothing wrong with being curious and wanting answers.  I’m curious, too.  And you’re right; I did bring it up.  But that’s all I did—I put the conversation out there.  I didn’t demand anything.  Smile  And I’m not trying to put you down; I was just trying to make it clear what people found inappropriate about your comments.  No hard feelings, really.

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Quest1 - 15 April 2013 12:29 AM

That’s fine. Seems weird, though, that POS wouldn’t be able to state that it wasn’t working on the game, if in fact it isn’t.

its not weird in the slightest. Iv emailed several publishers asking for comment on mgx, a few of them responded that they couldnt comment one way or another, because its not their policy to comment on anything they may be working on if its unannounced. You’re calling them out because you want to freak out about it (as you freaked out about their moebius involvement). Just wait for the announcement, freak out later.
Also dont forget, one thing we do know is that people in POS have seen MGX. That means theyv signed NDA’s to not talk about it, and wouldnt say anything about it without janes approval.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Yeah, you can’t really expect anyone to say - or indeed be allowed to say - anything before the actual announcement. Apparently they want the whole thing to come out with a bang (out of nowhere), so it creates a buzz and then will also be released in that buzz. They can’t release any info because any info might lead to further info and they want to keep it all a secret until the announcement.

Guess it’s just an excercise in patience for us. (And, unless someone accidentally slips up, you can’t expect to get any info from anyone (whether they’re a part of this project or not) until we actually get official info)

That means theyv signed NDA’s to not talk about it, and wouldnt say anything about it without janes approval.

Though the agreement is probably with the publisher, not Jane.

I’m afraid you won’t get anything more that way. Jane has clearly said she can’t say anything, and there’s no reason why POS would if they were involved - and if they’re not it’s highly unlikely they’d say anything anyways, if even because of a gentlemen’s agreement, so to say…

Trust me, no one (who’s an “outsider”) - aside from the people who were in the Open House at Pinkerton Road, perhaps (who did get some hints we haven’t heard) - know anything more than we do (and they aren’t telling either because Jane asked them not to).

(Edit): Actually, where did all this talk about POS being so involved actually come from?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I don’t thik there’s any real basis on speculating POS involvement on MGX, as I’ve understood it so that both of the Jensen projects have been developed at the same time and POS is too small team to develope two big games at the same time, especially when they got their own Cognition going on as well. And apparently the development for MGX is pretty far already.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

You cannot go around badgering companies to ask if they’re involved with a project. You’ll probably find that this info is embargo’d until all details are finalised. If this wasn’t the case we’d all know what the score was by now.

Also, posting on a pokey forum like this (no disrespect at all) will not provide the answers you need. Contact them directly (via PM or direct on their emails).

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

tomimt - 15 April 2013 05:05 AM

I don’t thik there’s any real basis on speculating POS involvement on MGX, as I’ve understood it so that both of the Jensen projects have been developed at the same time and POS is too small team to develope two big games at the same time, especially when they got their own Cognition going on as well. And apparently the development for MGX is pretty far already.

Indeed. And also you can draw similar conclusions from today’s interview too.
http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/24380

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Thank you for the feedback, guys.

Uptimist, thanks for sharing that link. I agree that it looks like POS involvement may be unlikely.

And to the person who said I’d want to freak out about POS potentially working on MGX, I say you’re wrong. I am just curious. I am not saying I would be happy about such an announcement, but I have already told myself that, if such a thing were announced, I should do the following: go for a walk outside, get some fresh air, and let the news sink in before coming online to post my reactions. Cool, calm and collected would be the name of the game.

Anyway, how interesting it would be if MGX ended up totally overshadowing Moebius. I wonder how different the two games will be in terms of game interface, art direction, etc

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2006-01-10

PM

Didn’t Jane say in like an update a month or more ago that it would be just two weeks before we had more information… then nothing came out. She ever update that comment?

This is going to be a colossal disappointment when MGX is like based on James Patterson or something and not GK.

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Phod - 17 April 2013 04:21 PM

Didn’t Jane say in like an update a month or more ago that it would be just two weeks before we had more information…

lol sadly no. She said it would be a couple weeks before hopefully, she had more information (not necessarily information to share). Which has been maybe the most concerning aspect of all of this… how out of the loop jane has appeared on the situation.

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

zane - 17 April 2013 05:52 PM

lol sadly no. She said it would be a couple weeks before hopefully, she had more information (not necessarily information to share). Which has been maybe the most concerning aspect of all of this… how out of the loop jane has appeared on the situation.

Exactly. The whole selling point of the Kickstarter wasn’t Moebius or any game, it was the idea of Community based gaming, like Community farming, where the customers got an insight into the making of the game. Except it’s been almost a year now and we know next to NOTHING about this game. Which is a major let down. According to Jane this is entirely down to the bizarre frankly irrational behavior of this mystery big publisher

I mean can understand a big publisher wanting to spend money on publicity if you have other bigger games to market But what kind of Insane company doesn’t want people to at least know what game they have made (episode 1 is apparently finished)? I mean that’s FREE publicity-word of mouth. You tell us what it is and we talk about it.
Instead outside of 1 or 2 forums there are only so many game writers can do with “What is mystery game X?” almost YEAR after it was first teased.

I wonder if there’s more to it then we know.

Contradictorily I’m also angry at the lack of all the types you get on the Spaceventure/LSL Remake threads. The strange ones who are always going “Oh dear, looks like it’s all going wrong, like I said it would” before the game is finished. Why aren’t they doing their shtick here?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

afterglow2001 - 17 April 2013 09:38 PM

Exactly. The whole selling point of the Kickstarter wasn’t Moebius or any game, it was the idea of Community based gaming, like Community farming, where the customers got an insight into the making of the game. Except it’s been almost a year now and we know next to NOTHING about this game. Which is a major let down. According to Jane this is entirely down to the bizarre frankly irrational behavior of this mystery big publisher

But the Kickstarter was to fund Moebius, not Mystery Game X. Kickstarter funds are not being used for the mystery game and she said all along that giving info about that game would be at the publisher’s discretion. And she has kept up the communications to the CSG with her monthly updates and behind the scenes info about Moebius, hasn’t she?

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

fov - 17 April 2013 09:51 PM
afterglow2001 - 17 April 2013 09:38 PM

But the Kickstarter was to fund Moebius, not Mystery Game X. Kickstarter funds are not being used for the mystery game and she said all along that giving info about that game would be at the publisher’s discretion. And she has kept up the communications to the CSG with her monthly updates and behind the scenes info about Moebius, hasn’t she?

Yes, but if it was just for Moebius, than why give investors the option of only buying Mystery game X? You could buy either Moebius or the Mystery game X for $15. Pity the poor schmucks who chose the latter. The Moebius fans are getting a great deal out of this, sure, but the others, a year on-really not so much.

And at the risk of repeating myself what the heck is wrong with the publishers’ discretion??? Surely it should be important, if you intend to publish a game, to have people know about it before it comes out! I honestly can’t think what kind of marketing strategy they are trying to follow!

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the information is most probable under an embargo until the publisher is ready to announce the deal. We will find out eventually, but I do agree with some by saying that they are taking the piss now, considering it was supposed to be RELEASED around Christmas time.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

dave_minall - 18 April 2013 03:57 AM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the information is most probable under an embargo until the publisher is ready to announce the deal. We will find out eventually, but I do agree with some by saying that they are taking the piss now, considering it was supposed to be RELEASED around Christmas time.

Sigh. I think you’re right. All the big Kickstarters have made mistakes, and I think this is one area that Jensen wishes she could go back and do differently. My normal tendency is to want to demand information every which way till we get it, but, though it pains me to admit it, in this case it seems like waiting patiently is all we can do. This long wait has almost become comical. The main MGX speculation thread on the Pinkerton forum has devolved into a stream of animated GIF postings expressing everyone’s exasperation over the situation in which we find ourselves regarding the game. Excitement turned to mild concern which became alarm and then anger and finally exasperated mocking of the situation. Yes, it has come to this.

But, hey, good things come to those who wait! It may all be worth it in the end! I have faith it will be.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top