• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Lambonius - 10 April 2013 12:12 PM

I still think POS might be involved though. I’ve heard some rumblings from a few people that could be interpreted that way—and I know that the directors at POS would sacrifice their first-born children to work on a GK game with Jane Jensen.

What did you hear exactly?

I know that KatieHal posts here.

The following message goes out to KatieHal of Phoenix Online Studios:

Dear KatieHal or anyone else from POS,

Are you able to confirm that Phoenix Online Studios has no involvement with Jane’s Mystery Game X?

If POS is not involved, then you guys should be able to clear that up right now. Would be great if you could post your response in this thread. Thank you in advance for your response, and thanks for your always great communication related to POS projects.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Have POS people ever commented on Mystery Game X?

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

No, they haven’t.

Bt

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think everything is pointing towards that POS is not the developer of MGX. They’re too small for doing that many projects simultaniously. I’d wager they got enough in theri hands with Moebius and Cognition as it is.

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

tomimt - 13 April 2013 10:49 AM

I think everything is pointing towards that POS is not the developer of MGX. They’re too small for doing that many projects simultaniously. I’d wager they got enough in theri hands with Moebius and Cognition as it is.

i used to agree with that.. until the game got delayed into limbo for 6 months. Now anythings possible.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I visted the Pinkerton Raod forums and the word around there is, that the game is been done with a big publisher, presumably with their own dev team. Apparently it was hinted something like that in the Pinkerton Studio open house thingie for backers.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Where is KatieHal? I may have to join the Pinkerton and POS forums to get in touch with these people.

KatieHal of POS, if you are out there, it just doesn’t seem right, if you have no involvement with MGX, for you to refuse to deny involvement and lead people to believe that POS is developing Mystery Game X. Katie, some have suggested that you want people to believe that Phoenix Online Studios is developing Mystery Game X. I doubt you guys are doing this as a way to boost your studio’s profile, as has been alleged, but your refusal to deny MGX involvement has many people wondering. Being more forthcoming with the fans and customers seems like a better course to take.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

Quest1 - 14 April 2013 09:24 PM

Where is KatieHal? I may have to join the Pinkerton and POS forums to get in touch with these people.

KatieHal of POS, if you are out there, it just doesn’t seem right, if you have no involvement with MGX, for you to refuse to deny involvement and lead people to believe that POS is developing Mystery Game X. Katie, some have suggested that you want people to believe that Phoenix Online Studios is developing Mystery Game X. I doubt you guys are doing this as a way to boost your studio’s profile, as has been alleged, but your refusal to deny MGX involvement has many people wondering. Being more forthcoming with the fans and customers seems like a better course to take.

Dude, please give it a rest.  These constant demands for a developer to respond to your post in a random forum are ridiculous.  KatieHal apparently follows the Cognition forum, as you would expect, but there’s no reason at all to think she’s even looking at this forum.  And, if she is, who are any of us to demand she respond to our every question?

I think it’s great that developers frequent these forums, and it’s a thrill when they interact with their fans in such a direct way.  But please don’t ruin it with these ridiculous demands.  I think POS have plenty on their plate without answering every random post.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Asking questions (of someone who posts here) in two replies is hardly “constantly demanding.”

I have every right to ask these questions. Is POS making Mystery Game X or not? If not, why does POS allow the speculation about their involvement to continue? If they’re not aware of the speculation, then fine. Just wanted those questions out there. I don’t feel the need to keep asking, and I have faith that KatieHal will clear things up soon when she has an opportunity.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Yeah, I’m sure that if they have anything to say about the matter, they’ll do so when they feel the time is right.  Patience young grasshopper! 

Bt

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Quest1 - 14 April 2013 10:06 PM

Asking questions (of someone who posts here) in two replies is hardly “constantly demanding.”

I have every right to ask these questions. Is POS making Mystery Game X or not? If not, why does POS allow the speculation about their involvement to continue? If they’re not aware of the speculation, then fine. Just wanted those questions out there. I don’t feel the need to keep asking, and I have faith that KatieHal will clear things up soon when she has an opportunity.

You know whats a much more pressing (and interesting) issue than finding out whether POS is involved? Its finding out what MGX is.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

My hope is it is Gabriel Knight. I also hope it is getting big-budget treatment (well, big budget for an episodic adventure) with all of the bells and whistles that come with it. I want polish. How cool it would be if Activision is publishing this game and is using a super experienced, top of the line development team, signaling that they may be open to more adventure games (KQ?) developed this way in the future.

That’s the hope I’m clinging to!

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

If you have a specific question for a specific poster, that’s what the Private Message function is for.  Flagrantly and repeatedly calling out an individual developer in an open forum to respond to you directly is, frankly, rude as hell.  You’ve done it three times now on this page alone.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Lambonius - 14 April 2013 11:52 PM

If you have a specific question for a specific poster, that’s what the Private Message function is for.  Flagrantly and repeatedly calling out an individual developer in an open forum to respond to you directly is, frankly, rude as hell.  You’ve done it three times now on this page alone.

Everyone should have the benefit of hearing the answer. Also, didn’t want to limit who is being asked. Anyone with relevant information should be allowed to chime in. Anyway, hopefully the questions will be answered soon. Also, I don’t have a different set of rules for how I communicate with individual developers as opposed to anyone else on here. So, next time I will be sure to be less specific about who I am addressing my questions to.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Quest1 - 15 April 2013 12:04 AM

Everyone should have the benefit of hearing the answer. Also, didn’t want to limit who is being asked. Anyone with relevant information should be allowed to chime in. Anyway, hopefully the questions will be answered soon. Also, I don’t have a different set of rules for how I communicate with individual developers as opposed to anyone else on here. So, next time I will be sure to be less specific about who I am addressing my questions to.

Like Bt said, I’m sure POS will speak up when and if they have anything relevant to say.  Regardless of whether or not they’re involved, it’s Jane’s (and presumably, Activision’s) game first and foremost, so POS simply might not have permission to speak about it (if, in fact, they have anything worth saying about it.)  Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top