• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mystery Game X - Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, 20th Anniversary Edition

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Unfortunately? No way, that’s great news! It’s going to be interesting to see what MGX is and who’s making it. I hope it gets revealed soon. Hopefully it’ll remind more of GK1 than 2 or 3, but that’s probably unrealistic wishing on my part.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Oh I know!!! MGX is Syberia III, how about that? Jane said in a lot of interviews that she really enjoyed the original. She will write the story and design the puzzles, while Benoît Sokal will be hired as Art Director.

This is gonna be awesome!!! I can’t believe it took me that long to figure it out!

Wink

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Zin - 20 November 2012 03:02 PM

Oh I know!!! MGX is Syberia III, how about that? Jane said in a lot of interviews that she really enjoyed the original. She will write the story and design the puzzles, while Benoît Sokal will be hired as Art Director.

This is gonna be awesome!!! I can’t believe it took me that long to figure it out!

Wink

I’m pretty sure a Jensen-Sokal collaboration would be so awesome that the universe would implode upon itself.

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

inm8#2 - 20 November 2012 03:51 PM

I’m pretty sure a Jensen-Sokal collaboration would be so awesome that the universe would implode upon itself.

So they ARE still aiming for a December 2012 release, then?

It’s as the Mayans predicted!  Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I can’t take this anymore! I’m going to join a doomsday cult!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

I don’t see how this is in any way confirmed that it’s GK related?

Also, the release has been postponed to something like February.

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

The only real evidence that it’s a GK game is that Jane has said it’s something her fans would love and be excited about and it’s a dark mystery. That’s it. Oh and Jane hasn’t specifically said that it’s NOT a Gabriel Knight game. Then again she’s repeatedly said that she’s not going to say what the game isn’t.
In other words, very very little evidence. Just a lot of hope

It could just as easily be video game version of the Alex Cross mysteries or Anne Rice stories or some other dark mystery property.
The problem is come February (or whenever they do finally release this game) Pinkerton Road will go “Ta Da! Based on the best-selling books/movie/whatever Exciting huh?”

And all the fans will be really disappointed because for 6 months they’ve been expecting/anticipating/dreaming of an episodic Gabriel Knight 4 prequel (from the pov of Moseley). I know I’ll be

Another thought: I really feel the publisher (not the developer) is doing a really bad job. Even if this game is just one on the big publisher’s production line, would it kill them to start, you know, actually telling us something about the game…getting different people interested? Especially now that they’ve suddenly realized Christmas is a crowded market

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

well, i’ll say this much, if its not GK related then she should come out and say its not ASAP. I get why theyr saving the announcement, but it doesnt do anybody any favors to let people continue to think its GK if its not. Plus, letting us know its not gk will leave people as clueless as ever (“its not gk so it must be…!! umm nope… no idea still”). The kickstarter fundraiser is over, so the mystery aspect isnt driving any positive hype, and they could cut down on some backlash now if they just let people know its not GK related… (but for all we know.. it still could be) Wink

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Jatsie - 19 November 2012 09:34 AM

Hey, guys—you know, I have resisted saying ‘it’s not this’ and ‘it’s not that’, because the more I do that the clearer it becomes what it IS.

However.

I’m not working with Telltale.

Jane

She’s all but given away that it’s GK with that first sentence.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

inm8#2 - 20 November 2012 08:29 PM

[

LOL! That’s called wishful thinking. But I hope you’re right.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Fien - 20 November 2012 08:38 PM
inm8#2 - 20 November 2012 08:29 PM

[

LOL! That’s called wishful thinking. But I hope you’re right.

Me too. Smile

GK is Jane’s signature trademark, or whatever one would call it. She’s told people they’re going to be really excited, that MGX is a game they’d expect from her, etc. And she’s never ruled out that it’s GK-related.

I thought we might know what the game is by now. It seems like it’ll be another 2 months…

Total Posts: 48

Joined 2012-11-12

PM

zane - 20 November 2012 07:53 PM

well, i’ll say this much, if its not GK related then she should come out and say its not ASAP. I get why theyr saving the announcement, but it doesnt do anybody any favors to let people continue to think its GK if its not.

I guess one idea is that the publishers have told Jane and the developers that they’re not allowed to announce the game yet, so there is no news. But if Jane refuses to say that it’s not GK related outright, then it keeps the fans speculating and talking about the game….like right now!

The thing is that IF it turns out to be…a non GK mystery game (ie something else that Jane could be excited about, another famous property)  then she can easily point out to any disappointed fans that she never said it was anything to do with GK.

People taking the line that ‘the fans will be thrilled’ and reading it as a guarantee of something GK releated could easily be setting themselves up for a big disappointment…
It could ‘just’ be another Jane Jensen mystery story

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Before and after the announcement, she knows we all will keep on talking about it. This anticipation builds up everything, whether it will be disgust or praise. I hope we find out soon!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1352

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I think that to expect MGX to be GK related is jumping to conclusions and agree that just by saying fans will be excited about it there is no real indication that it would be a GK game. Personally I would be excited about any new JJ adventure game.

I hope I’m wrong though, obviously!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Intense Degree - 21 November 2012 05:07 AM

I think that to expect MGX to be GK related is jumping to conclusions and agree that just by saying fans will be excited about it there is no real indication that it would be a GK game. Personally I would be excited about any new JJ adventure game.

I hope I’m wrong though
, obviously!

So do I!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top