• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The guy in the picture doesn’t look buff enough to be Kevin Durand. And his chin doesn’t look pronounced enough. Durand is recognizable even in full make-up (like in I Am Number Four).

Besides, he’s not really a big enough name to deserve a tease like this, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 11 September 2016 04:03 PM

The guy in the picture doesn’t look buff enough to be Kevin Durand. And his chin doesn’t look pronounced enough. Durand is recognizable even in full make-up (like in I Am Number Four).

Besides, he’s not really a big enough name to deserve a tease like this, imo.

Speculators believe so.
With Reedus as hero, 5 other flying niggas in the sky, that makes 6 main leads.
So he had to cut corners on Kevin types.
And with Strain i reckon US recognizes Kevin more than Mads.
In anycase i need female cast, this is turning out to be total sausage fest.
Eva green and Emily blunt please.
Wink

But kojima expressed his fondness for Charlizetheron and Aliciavikander.
He was also said Ryangosling to be in Silenthills.

Reedus,Elba,Mads,Theron,Kevin,Ryan…..no wonder Konami kicked him out.
I think 2 or 3 hit stars are enough, rest cannibalize each other.
Even from marketing point, Reedus alone is enough, put in some famous female like….who is female tv equivalent of reedus nowadays?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 11 September 2016 08:18 PM

Even from marketing point, Reedus alone is enough, put in some famous female like….who is female tv equivalent of reedus nowadays?

Alicia and Charlize would be too expensive.
I started watching Orphan Black, get Tatiana Maslany, she’s awesome

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m amazed at the amount of Paralympics coverage here. It’s almost as extensive as the regular Olympics coverage. Gasp

Our most well-known paralympian got silver yesterday on the track, and we had gold in table tennis as well, and another table tennis finalist today (so silver+ there too).

Fun fact: the table tennis player that’s playing his gold medal match this evening, plays at the same club I used to play at.
And the one that won gold yesterday is coached by a player from that same club as well. He (his coach, I mean) is in fact someone I played against a few times back in the day - despite him being quite a lot better than I was. I did give him a good run for his money the first time we played each other, though. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 September 2016 03:56 AM

How about Nataliedormer, one and done.
She has that face that could fit in game.
Better figure than tatiana.
Content

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 12 September 2016 06:57 AM

Content

If you are going Game of Thrones might as well get Queen Cersei!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 12 September 2016 07:03 AM

Or Khaleesi.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 September 2016 07:03 AM
nomadsoul - 12 September 2016 06:57 AM

Even from marketing point, Reedus alone is enough, put in some famous female like….who is female tv equivalent of reedus nowadays?o

Content

No, her

Again she can fit, perfectly.
If its scifi and oldies are allowed, Sig weaver.
Fans will go apeshit.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I quit my job on Monday.

I’ve been working there for 10 months and I still didn’t have the permanent contract that I should’ve gotten half a year ago. It doesn’t help that there have been 3 different CEOs in this period and with each new CEO my job description changed drastically - not the long-term plan that was laid out when I started.
Not having a permanent contract means I only have a weekly-renewed contract, so Friday is already my last day. I could’ve been a complete dick and just waited until Friday to announce it (and it would still have been my last day), but that’s not my style.

The announcement has been sent out to all colleagues last night. Response has been odd. There’s something wrong with the company you’re working for, imo, when all the old hands have a “good for you!” reaction and they genuinely seem happy for you…

Anyway, new job start next Monday. Looks promising. Cool

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Oh my Timovieman, you’re going through jobs fast. Hopefully you will have a more permanent position now. In any case: congratulations on the new job!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 14 September 2016 03:51 AM

Oh my Timovieman, you’re going through jobs fast.

Not my intention. But sometimes circumstances force me to.

Hopefully you will have a more permanent position now.

I hope so too. It’s a multinational this time, could very well be a little more up my alley.

In any case: congratulations on the new job!

Thanks!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Congrats on new job.
How is belgian job market and unemployment rate in general?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 14 September 2016 09:09 AM

Congrats on new job.

Unemployment rate is about 8%, I think, but most of that is going to be Wallonia and Brussels, not as much Flanders where I’m at.

Job market is pretty decent, especially if you’re mid-30s with credentials like mine (or better). Then you’re not going to be without a job long, ever. And even if you are, there’s a great safety net through unemployment benefits.
It’s why we pay so much taxes in the first place.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 14 September 2016 11:34 AM
nomadsoul - 14 September 2016 09:09 AM

Congrats on new job.

Unemployment rate is about 8%, I think, but most of that is going to be Wallonia and Brussels, not as much Flanders where I’m at.

Job market is pretty decent, especially if you’re mid-30s with credentials like mine (or better). Then you’re not going to be without a job long, ever. And even if you are, there’s a great safety net through unemployment benefits.
It’s why we pay so much taxes in the first place.

Ok.
Please fill me in.
Uk is tough market my friends are always on tight budget.
My Spanish cousin complains since recession and all PIGS drama.
Germans are mostly good.
Polish migrate to uk alot.
Scandinavians also covers much through taxes but facing immigration problems.
So comparitively where Dutch and Belgium stands?
Do they fare better, against others.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Good luck with your new job, Timo!  Sometimes you just have to move on, so I hope this one will be a better fit for you.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top