• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 10 August 2016 04:52 PM

Just watching the Men’s Gymnastics, and it’s the same USA domination like with the women yesterday. Impressive how ALL of them seem to totally stick their landing. No other country comes close to pulling that off…

They placed fifth in the team event, not sure about how the individual will turn out now but doesn’t seem like they are dominating.

In swimming however, I wonder if this Michael Phelps gold medals record will ever be broken, although it’s only possible in swimming.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 10 August 2016 05:05 PM

They placed fifth in the team event, not sure about how the individual will turn out now but doesn’t seem like they are dominating.

You’re right, I had only seen a couple of landings, without the scoreboard, when I posted. Obviously no domination.
Individually it’s the Ukranian Verniaiev that’s dominating.

Best landings across the board are American, though.

In swimming however, I wonder if this Michael Phelps gold medals record will ever be broken, although it’s only possible in swimming.

That probably never gets broken. It’s too insane an amount, and doing that over 4 Olympics is just exceptional.

But when you ask me who is the greatest athlete, Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt, my answer is still going to be Ashton Eaton. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Damn, what a routine on the high bar by Uchimura - let’s see if Verniaiev comes close for the gold.

Edit: dang, less than 0.1 point difference, but Uchimura takes the gold again at the last moment.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TV broadcasting here is beyond ridiculous!!!!!!!
In the last 2 rotations of the gymnastics final they cut and show a random beach volleyball game!
They’ll show the rest of it later!
All probably because of getting the more important stuff behind the paid channel!!!!!!!

Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Egypt have won the first and only bronze medal so far at woman weight liffting…

hile the Pharaohs

its when we Egyptians like to make fun (as usual) of ourselves saying “The Pharaohs had left us nuthin but their curse”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 10 August 2016 06:26 PM

hile the Pharaohs

its when we Egyptians like to make fun (as usual) of ourselves saying “The Pharaohs had left us nuthin but their curse”

Nice, lifting 140kg like nothing (and still only 18 years old from what I’ve read)

In basketball Australia almost beat USA, crazy

Edit: Wait, Advie, I think you won another bronze medal in weighlifting in Men 77kg

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 10 August 2016 07:50 PM
Advie - 10 August 2016 06:26 PM

hile the Pharaohs

Nice, lifting 140kg like nothing (and still only 18 years old from what I’ve read)

Edit: Wait, Advie, I think you won another bronze medal in weighlifting in Men 77kg

Yea Mo.Ihap has won another…

and yea she is 19

great lift Laughing

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I enjoyed watching the white-water events.  It takes a tremendous amount of muscle to negotiate those upstream gates without hitting them.

I didn’t get to see any weight lifting, Advie, but that young woman is amazing!

The man climbing the Trump Tower in NY today was big news here tonight.  They finally boxed him in and dragged him inside on the 20th floor.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TimovieMan - 10 August 2016 04:52 PM

Fabian Cancellara

I love how my daughter keeps calling him “Cancellala”. Grin

Advie - 10 August 2016 08:50 PM

and yea she is 19

That probably means she’ll take the gold in 4 and 8 years time.

We’ve got a silver medal in swimming! Pieter Timmers had already broken his own national record twice during the qualifying rounds, but now he destroyed it with over half a second to take the silver.
Our first swimming medal since taking the gold in 1996.

Almost makes the entire conundrum with him forfeiting for the Team finals worth it (lost a shot at a medal there because of it).

On a lesser note, one of our biggest shots at a medal - Evi Van Acker in sailing - is having an atrocious start (and also claiming sickness). Guess she won’t be repeating her London bronze.

The hockey team is now our biggest remaining option, followed by a stunt by Goffin in tennis.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

What a perfomance by Biles on the floor in gymnastics. Incredible

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 11 August 2016 05:11 PM

What a perfomance by Biles on the floor in gymnastics. Incredible

She’s going to win the individual gold for floor and balance as well, imo, and probably get a medal in vault too. It’s insane.

No wonder the US team won all-round, they had the individual all-round gold and silver medalists in the team. And one of those is in a league of her own…

In other news: our hockey team is playing the tournament of their lives. I hope they keep the momentum going. With Goffin out, they’re probably our last legitimate shot at another medal.

I wonder what we’re doing wrong sports-wise when countries like the Netherlands (with less than half the amount of inhabitants more) and Australia (with only double the amount of inhabitants) or even Hungary (with less inhabitants) can dwarf us so in the medal rankings…

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Phelps wiping the floor with young guns. It’s insane that he swam only 40 of hundreds shy to his Olympic record in 200m medley.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 12 August 2016 02:57 AM

In other news: our hockey team is playing the tournament of their lives. I hope they keep the momentum going. With Goffin out, they’re probably our last legitimate shot at another medal.

I wonder what we’re doing wrong sports-wise when countries like the Netherlands (with less than half the amount of inhabitants more) and Australia (with only double the amount of inhabitants) or even Hungary (with less inhabitants) can dwarf us so in the medal rankings…

I find it unfair roller hockey is not an olympic sport, one of the few good things that we are good at and it was only part of the olympics in Barcelona92.
If field hockey is and nobody cares about that… Tongue

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 12 August 2016 08:59 AM

Pan

Field hockey is becoming quite popular in Belgium. But that has a lot to do with the national team getting good results.

Now that you mention sports that don’t always feature on the Olympics, we may have an additional medal shot in golf, if both our players keep playing consistently.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 12 August 2016 09:12 AM
wilco - 12 August 2016 08:59 AM

Pan

Field hockey is becoming quite popular in Belgium. But that has a lot to do with the national team getting good results.

Now that you mention sports that don’t always feature on the Olympics, we may have an additional medal shot in golf, if both our players keep playing consistently.

To be fair there are only 4 competitive roller hockey and it’s popular in the “big medals” countries so I see why it isn’t there, but I still think it should be about all sports, popular or not.

I didn’t even know there is golf this year, interesting.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top