• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 12 August 2016 08:59 AM
TimovieMan - 12 August 2016 02:57 AM

In other news: our hockey team is playing the tournament of their lives. I hope they keep the momentum going. With Goffin out, they’re probably our last legitimate shot at another medal.

I wonder what we’re doing wrong sports-wise when countries like the Netherlands (with less than half the amount of inhabitants more) and Australia (with only double the amount of inhabitants) or even Hungary (with less inhabitants) can dwarf us so in the medal rankings…

I find it unfair roller hockey is not an olympic sport, one of the few good things that we are good at and it was only part of the olympics in Barcelona92.
If field hockey is and nobody cares about that… Tongue

There are several sports that are omitted and give you a WTF reaction, whereas other ones that are there that I believe shouldn’t.

Beach Volleyball for example to me is more like an activity that you play on the beach with friends for fun rather than an olympic sport, but hey who wouldn’t want to see girls in bikinis Grin Futsal I think feels more like a competitive sport than a beach past time. What’s mind boggling is how baseball was left out of the olympics.  Rugby was just reintroduced to the Olympics, and cricket is no where to be seen.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Move over Phelps you scrub, Ledecky is the real star here!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Catch a pattern?

An Egyptian judo player declined to shake hands with his Israeli opponent after their match on Friday, eliciting jeers from the audience.

Or Sasson of Israel defeated Islam El Shehaby of Egypt in a first-round match in the heaviest weight class.

After a moment of prayer, El Shehaby got up and seemed reluctant to perform the traditional bow to his opponent. Eventually, he gave a quick nod and left the mat. A judge and referee urged him to return.

Sasson then approached El Shehaby with his hand extended, but El Shehany backed away. After a moment, Sasson gave up.

In action,

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/rio-2016/schedules-results/2016/08/12/egypt-israel-judo/88610564/

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

lol what is with you & CR7..

there are really two sides to my fellow citizen Judo player story, one side that struck clearly in the eye about how is the act is so obnoxious with no doubt about it.

and another side that remembers that Egypt and Israel had been in war(s) for more than half a century and these things do not get to sooth so easily with million of deaths involved and a generation that followed up of orphaned children and friends.. also and as Egypt is a multi-cultured County, not everybody is thinking and letting go of the past at the same pace.. we can only hope for new generations to believe in the idea of peace from within, not just following a Geneva agreement

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Advie - 13 August 2016 10:01 AM

lol what is with you & CR7..

there are really two sides to my fellow citizen Judo player story,

one side that struck clearly in the eye about how is the act is so obnoxious with no doubt about it.

and another side that remembers that Egypt and Israel had been in war(s) for more than half a century

these things do not get to sooth so easily with million of deaths involved and a generation that followed up of orphaned children and friends

also and as Egypt is a multi-cultured County, not everybody is thinking and letting go of the past at

Wink

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Wow, Olympics covering everything,

https://trygamers.com/the-witcher-shown-during-olympics/

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

wilco - 12 August 2016 09:32 PM

Move over Phelps you scrub, Ledecky is the real star here!

She is a real powerhouse and was hardly breathing hard after that 800 meter swim last night.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 13 August 2016 11:08 AM

Wow, Olympics covering everything,

https://trygamers.com/the-witcher-shown-during-olympics/

If she spent less time playing witcher, she would have gotten the gold Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Belgium’s Nafi Thiam is breaking all her personal bests on the Women’s Heptatlon and she’s now 140 points in front of Jessica Ennis-Hill with only the 800m left to run.

The 800m is her worst discipline, though, but her lead translates to about 10 seconds which is coincidentally more or less the difference between both women’s personal bests on the 800m.

Gonna be VERY close for gold and silver! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

WHOOOO! GOLD!!! Thiam finished 7.3 seconds behind Ennis-Hill which is good enough for the win!
Thiam ran/threw/jumped 5 personal best results in 7 events. Talk about peaking at the right moment!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Congrats Timo!!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The amazing thing is that she’s just 21. Heptathlon athletes usually have their best years at 27-28, so we’ve got something to look forward to in 4 and 8 years as well!

If she had equalled her previous all-round personal best (and national record), or even surpassed it with max 50 points, she’d have finished SIXTH.
She went over her previous best with no less than 300 points!

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 14 August 2016 01:30 AM

WHOOOO! GOLD!!! Thiam finished 7.3 seconds behind Ennis-Hill which is good enough for the win!
Thiam ran/threw/jumped 5 personal best results in 7 events. Talk about peaking at the right moment!

I watched some of that competition and was very impressed with Thiam’s win.  I like seeing the all-round athleticism shown in the heptathlon.

On a sour note, four of the American swimmers were in a taxi that was stopped by fake cops with guns who robbed them.  No one was hurt, but it’s a shame it had to happen.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Makes me wonder why they chose Rio over Saopaulo

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

UK had a great day yesterday with 5 golds and 3 silvers

We are now 2nd on the medal table.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top