• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 14 September 2016 11:51 AM

So comparitively where Dutch and Belgium stands?
Do they fare better, against others.

I think you can put the Netherlands at about the same level as Germany, and Belgium just below that (equal if you only count Flanders). All with their pros and cons and doing better in some sectors and worse in others, naturally.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 14 September 2016 02:35 PM
nomadsoul - 14 September 2016 11:51 AM

So comparitively where Dutch and Belgium stands?
Do they fare better, against others.

I think you can put the Netherlands at about the same level as Germany, and Belgium just below that (equal if you only count Flanders). All with their pros and cons and doing better in some sectors and worse in others, naturally.

Thanks.
One more Q for today.
What makes belgian fries better than the rest, youtube vids make me drooling for some.
I mean its auto better, like every shop, restaurant make it better, its potato quality r what?
Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nomadsoul - 14 September 2016 03:29 PM

What makes belgian fries better than the rest, youtube vids make me drooling for some.
I mean its auto better, like every shop, restaurant make it better, its potato quality r what?
Smile

My guess would be “more experience” (we invented them) and “more care for the quality” (we love them). Grin
It’s a substantial part of several national dishes and it can be considered a national pride of sorts.
The average 12-year-old knows how to make good fries, and that means properly frying them twice (pre-frying at a ‘lower’ temperature, drying them and then deep-frying them), and making sure the oil doesn’t degrade too far.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Muslims hate by Britishers understandable but shit is hitting fan,

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/uk-arrest-hate-crime-attack-pregnant-woman-160914133526680.html

And they are even lynching polish.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Thank you, Nigel Farage. Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 14 September 2016 02:35 AM

I quit my job on Monday.

I’ve been working there for 10 months and I still didn’t have the permanent contract that I should’ve gotten half a year ago. It doesn’t help that there have been 3 different CEOs in this period and with each new CEO my job description changed drastically - not the long-term plan that was laid out when I started.
Not having a permanent contract means I only have a weekly-renewed contract, so Friday is already my last day. I could’ve been a complete dick and just waited until Friday to announce it (and it would still have been my last day), but that’s not my style.

The announcement has been sent out to all colleagues last night. Response has been odd. There’s something wrong with the company you’re working for, imo, when all the old hands have a “good for you!” reaction and they genuinely seem happy for you…

Anyway, new job start next Monday. Looks promising. Cool

Congrats Tim on your new job. Hope your new job is what you like Smile

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 15 September 2016 08:48 AM

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/09/uk-arrest-hate-crime-attack-pregnant-woman-160914133526680.html

No hate is understandable, especially when it targets an innocent human being who did nothing wrong besides being born into a certain: race/religion/sex etc… . This crime is heinous and disgusting.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 15 September 2016 10:15 AM

No hate is understandable, especially when it targets an innocent human being who did nothing wrong besides being born into a certain: race/religion/sex etc… . This crime is heinous and disgusting.

Muslims encroachment and then forcing sharia laws down the throat of nations which are granting them refuge or new home triggers hate all around.
There is a reason why these muslims cannot flood KSA, Dubai,Abudhabi or Qatar but generous Euro countries.
Such muslim crowd also cant do a single protest in above countries but Europe and US.

Thats what fill hate among nonmuslims. Esp among those type of Britishers who cannot even tolerate kindred European Polish fellas.

Hate is transpired by events.
And whether its this poor lady or innocent Europeans killed by van in France, innocents pay the price, culprits still untouched.

sad reality

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 15 September 2016 10:56 AM

Muslims encroachment and then forcing sharia laws down the throat of nations which are granting them refuge or new home triggers hate all around.
There is a reason why these muslims cannot flood KSA, Dubai,Abudhabi or Qatar but generous Euro countries.
Such muslim crowd also cant do a single protest in above countries but Europe and US.

Thats what fill hate among nonmuslims. Esp among those type of Britishers who cannot even tolerate kindred European Polish fellas.

And whether its this poor lady or innocent Europeans killed by van in France, innocents pay the price, culprits still untouched.

sad reality

Hate is hate regardless of reason, and it shouldn’t be tolerated or understood.

Lebanon has 1.5 million Syrian refugees for a country of 4.5 million people. That is A LOT. UK on the other hand has about 10-15 K out of a country of 64.1 millions. Do the math to see the difference in percentages. In the Western world, Canada, Sweden and Germany have taken in many more refugees based on their population size than England has.

And as far as hate goes, if a person wants to blame someone, blame the government that let them in, and not the innocent people walking down the street. I am not a big fan of refugees going into Lebanon or the US either, but I wouldn’t go punch a pregnant muslim woman because of that. Would you? Just imagine in an alternative universe that it was your wife, and that kid was your baby. How would you feel about that? It’s called empathy, to try to put yourself into someone’s shoes and share their feelings.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

...and then forcing sharia laws down the throat of nations which are granting them refuge or new home…

Do you mean that Muslims have been successful in establishing Sharia Law over the relevant law of the land in Western Countries?

Could you give one example of anywhere in the world that wasn’t already a majority Muslim country where this has happened?

If you just meant that there have been suggestions (without credible evidence) that groups of Muslims in some places have wanted to live under Sharia Law themselves then why is that an understandable reason for hate? It can be, and is, used as an excuse for hate/bigotry/racism of course.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 15 September 2016 11:42 AM

sad reality

Lebanon has 1.5 million Syrian refugees for a country of 4.5 million people. That is A LOT. UK on the other hand has about 10-15 K out of a country of 64.1 millions. Do the math to see the difference in percentages. In the Western world, Canada, Sweden and Germany have taken in many more refugees based on their population size than England has.

And as far as hate goes, if a person wants to blame someone, blame the government that let them in, and not the innocent people walking down the street. I am not a big fan of refugees going into Lebanon or the US either, but I wouldn’t go punch a pregnant muslim woman because of that. Would you? Just imagine in an alternative universe that it was your wife, and that kid was your baby. How would you feel about that? It’s called empathy, to try to put yourself into someone’s shoes and share their feelings.

would you?
Would you?
You remind me of this,

When did i endorse such an act. Its horrific ofcourse, but if i will goto some other country,i will never act like this, if i will , then there will be a consequence by actual
locals who own the land.
Trump is demonizing mexicans to blacks to muslims because there are cracks to be exploited.
Lebanon to Turkey migrant influx doesnt matter because of same culture. i think you dont get my point.
Muslims are raping european girls, esp in germany and sweden.
They are trying to enforce their laws.
They dont need to come to foreign lands if its against their way of life.
Goto muslim brothers.
Burkini is a joke imho. There is no such term in Islamic teachings.
Its infact maligning burka with western bikini.
Europeans are right to say when they say dont change us but integrate.
Lebanon and turkey doesnt need change, so your numbers are useless, when i said KSA i meant salafi doctrine that is purposefully propagated not in inland middleeast but in Europe.
In this digital age if you would look at social media and youtube comments you will notice the recurring muslim hate.
Its because of a reason.
Question yourself this, who gave them the reason?
What makes them hate you?
How many muslims brothers you have convinced who raped swedish girls and beating german girls?
My youtube feed gets more vids of muslim damaging europeans than other way around.

Here hijab women calling a real British local naked

Can these people act like this in ksa,qatar or uae calling out elite police.
How much patience a britisher local or police can show.
Its only a matter of time before some nutcase goes apeshit like that britisher.

and above all everyone needs to see this Polish lady, all valid points

These 4 vids breaks down and explain it all.
Looking at bigger picture.
Integrate and obey law and respect culture.
Else civil dispute is inevitable.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 15 September 2016 12:33 PM
SoccerDude28 - 15 September 2016 11:42 AM

sad reality

would you?
Would you?
You remind me of this,

When did i endorse such an act. Its horrific ofcourse, but if i will goto some other country,i will never act like this, if i will , then there will be a consequence by actual
locals who own the land.
Trump is demonizing mexicans to blacks to muslims because there are cracks to be exploited.
Lebanon to Turkey migrant influx doesnt matter because of same culture. i think you dont get my point.
Muslims are raping european girls, esp in germany and sweden.
They are trying to enforce their laws.
They dont need to come to foreign lands if its against their way of life.
Goto muslim brothers.
Burkini is a joke imho. There is no such term in Islamic teachings.
Its infact maligning burka with western bikini.
Europeans are right to say when they say dont change us but integrate.
Lebanon and turkey doesnt need change, so your numbers are useless, when i said KSA i meant salafi doctrine that is purposefully propagated not in inland middleeast but in Europe.
In this digital age if you would look at social media and youtube comments you will notice the recurring muslim hate.
Its because of a reason.
Question yourself this, who gave them the reason?
What makes them hate you?
How many muslims brothers you have convinced who raped swedish girls and beating german girls?
My youtube feed gets more vids of muslim damaging europeans than other way around.

Here hijab women calling a real British local naked

Can these people act like this in ksa,qatar or uae calling out elite police.
How much patience a britisher local or police can show.
Its only a matter of time before some nutcase goes apeshit like that britisher.

and above all everyone needs to see this Polish lady, all valid points

These 4 vids breaks down and explain it all.
Looking at bigger picture.
Integrate and obey law and respect culture.
Else civil dispute is inevitable.

Just because you wear certain religious attire, does that automatically make you automatically a rapist? You know where I grew up, half of my friends were muslim (I’m not muslim by the way), actually my best friend is a muslim and his mom wears a scarf and she went to Mekka. She was the sweetest person I have known. She treated me like her son when I visited. My friend also got American citizenship through his brother who lives in LA, he came to the US and worked 3 years in Cisco (one of the most famous internet companies in the world), and then he went back to Lebanon after he got married to a Lebanese Muslim girl (who doesn’t wear a scarf by the way). Anyway, he was visiting me last week, and he was telling me how much he loves America, and how good they were to him, giving him a job and treating him as an equal when they didn’t have to, and how much he would love to retire here. He still pays American taxes in Lebanon to America.

What’s my point in all this? Not all muslims are the same. There are perverts and freaks and rapists and murderers in EVERY culture, so nothing justifies attacking a pregnant woman because of her beliefs. Not all muslims are violent and hateful and wish death on everyone. Actually there are a lot of them who hate ISIS and Hezbollah more than you and I hate them.

As far as people who comment on youtube , well lots of people on the internet are bigots, and their bigotry shows when they are hidden behind a computer screen. They hate on gays, muslims, feminists, female gamers, liberals, Obama, you name it they will hate on it.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Intense Degree - 15 September 2016 11:48 AM

...and then forcing sharia laws down the throat of nations which are granting them refuge or new home…

Do you mean that Muslims have been successful in establishing Sharia Law over the relevant law of the land in Western Countries?

When you put it like that, no. But Sharia is condoned (if that’s the correct word here) in Great Britain, isn’t it. Officially they are supposed to operate within the restrictions of British Law. Unofficially Sharia Courts do as they please apparently. 

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Karlok - 15 September 2016 02:52 PM

When you put it like that, no. But Sharia is condoned (if that’s the correct word here) in Great Britain, isn’t it. Officially they are supposed to operate within the restrictions of British Law. Unofficially Sharia Courts do as they please apparently. 

Not true Karlok.
Sharia courts do exist within the UK but have no legal standing, cannot pass any legally binding judgements and are only allowed to pass rulings on specific Muslim procedures that have no legal standing.

No too sure I phrased that very well but you should get my drift Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jabod - 15 September 2016 03:05 PM
Karlok - 15 September 2016 02:52 PM

Not true Karlok.
Sharia courts do exist within the UK but have no legal standing, cannot pass any legally binding judgements and are only allowed to pass rulings on specific Muslim procedures that have no legal standing.

That’s more or less what I said. Still, Sharia courts do as they please. In case you do not catch MY drift, here’s a question: How would you feel if you were a Muslim woman married to a man who physically abuses you, refuses to divorce you, and you went to a Sharia court in Great Britain, which can “only pass rulings on specific Muslim procedures that have no legal standing”?

Are there any other European countries where Sharia laws are condoned?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top