• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

shanethewolf

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 08 August 2016 04:35 AM

Too bad tv transmissions in my country are pretty bad and they keep showing team sports…

I’m lucky then. The focus is on Belgian athletes, but they’re covering most of the other sports as well. It’s basically sports 24/7 at the moment, with a lot of switching channels to the BBC or Eurosport or French broadcasts when they’re not covering anything on the local channels. Smile

Public tv also follows our athletes but the are also showing too much football, basketball and handball - stuff that already usually gets time. At least they are not skipping on the Swimming and Gymnastics.
There is also a paid sports channel with a lot more coverage but it’s too expensive.
I resort to streams for other stuff

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

US destroyed china 119 - 62 in bball. Wonder if any team can compete with our team.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 08 August 2016 02:53 PM

US destroyed china 119 - 62 in bball. Wonder if any team can compete with our team.

No, never, they will all get destroyed, man and woman. Team is missing some stars but it’s more than enough for everybody

In other news, we won a bronze medal in judo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Nah, you pretty much own that sport… Tongue

wilco - 08 August 2016 04:07 PM

In other news, we won a bronze medal in judo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So did we!!!

Total surprise, too! I mean, Van Tichelt is good and can challenge the best on a good day, but how often is that good day right at the freakin’ Olympics???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Just watched the Women’s Team Gymnastics. The USA is unbeatable with Simone Biles in their ranks. She’ll get 4 individual gold medals as well, imo. Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 09 August 2016 05:32 PM

Just watched the Women’s Team Gymnastics. The USA is unbeatable with Simone Biles in their ranks. She’ll get 4 individual gold medals as well, imo. Gasp

Yeah, the event is playing now here, USA is in beast mode, seems far ahead of everyone else this year

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

..what about the lebanese team?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Advie - 09 August 2016 06:33 PM

They didn’t make the olympics, and china usually beats them so, i wouldn’t even want to imagine by how much they would lose. Lebanon though is 4 million people, not 1.357 billion like China, and lots of the athletes aren’t even professional (i.e. they do other jobs beside the sport, because it doesn’t pay enough).

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 09 August 2016 07:44 PM
Advie - 09 August 2016 06:33 PM

They didn’t make the olympics, and china usually beats them so, i wouldn’t even want to imagine by how much they would lose. Lebanon though is 4 million people, not 1.357 billion like China, and lots of the athletes aren’t even professional (i.e. they do other jobs beside the sport, because it doesn’t pay enough).

Well atleast Lebanese girls give the world hard time.
Imo Chinese girls cant even topple them.

Russian>Columbian>Lebanese>Korean>swedish

Back to Olympics
Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Watching beach volleyball, these brazilian girls are not giving anyone any chance it seems

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Cant stop laughing when Conan joins in,

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

That leg breaking vid is heart breaking.
In one instant all your career, dreams crushed.
Never knew landing on small height can be so devastating.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 10 August 2016 11:19 AM

That leg breaking vid is heart breaking.
In one instant all your career, dreams crushed.
Never knew landing on small height can be so devastating.

Seems like it’s the second time it happens to him.
Apparently the surgery went well and he is already talking about coming back to Tokyo 2020. Big spirit

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I was impressed with the individual female timed trial cyclist who, at the age of 43, won her third gold in the event.  Way to go, Kristen!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m impressed that Fabian Cancellara - one of the all-time best cyclists - not only managed to win his second gold medal in his final race, but that he did so with such a margin on the timed trial!
He’ll be missed in the peloton next season.

Just watching the Men’s Gymnastics, and it’s the same USA domination like with the women yesterday. Impressive how ALL of them seem to totally stick their landing. No other country comes close to pulling that off…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top