• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Two Guys from Andromeda (Space Quest creators) on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Amazon took my money for this today.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Bump.

I apparently didn’t pledge high enough to see the progress updates at svrewards.com, which is strange since basically every other kickstarter offers the same general updates to all their backers regardless of tiers (not including alpha/beta testing, of course).

So…what’s going on with this game? Have they shown any demonstrable progress?

edit - amidst various updates at the kickstarter page (which mostly show pictures of Mark, Scott, and Chris at a few conventions, or talk about shipping rewards), I did find one short video displaying very brief, rough 3D modeling.

Without sounding the alarm, I’m not really encouraged by what I see. Maybe they’re saving the actual development process for those higher-tier exclusive updates at their site, but I think that’s a shitty deal to lower tier backers. Yea, just not feeling this one. Maybe they don’t have many people working on the game (hell, I’m not sure if it’s just Mark and Scott), but pretty much every game I pledged from last year has shown tangible progress.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, they opened a store in the site this month…
I don’t think they’ve anything new in the last months, In an update they talked about a mid-year release but I doubt it.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

inm8#2 - 11 February 2013 10:01 PM

I apparently didn’t pledge high enough to see the progress updates at svrewards.com, which is strange since basically every other kickstarter offers the same general updates to all their backers regardless of tiers (not including alpha/beta testing, of course).

So…what’s going on with this game? Have they shown any demonstrable progress?

edit - amidst various updates at the kickstarter page (which mostly show pictures of Mark, Scott, and Chris at a few conventions, or talk about shipping rewards), I did find one short video displaying very brief, rough 3D modeling.

Without sounding the alarm, I’m not really encouraged by what I see. Maybe they’re saving the actual development process for those higher-tier exclusive updates at their site, but I think that’s a shitty deal to lower tier backers. Yea, just not feeling this one. Maybe they don’t have many people working on the game (hell, I’m not sure if it’s just Mark and Scott), but pretty much every game I pledged from last year has shown tangible progress.

I pledged $30, for some reason unbeknownst to even myself, so I should have access to the diary entries, but I don’t have a clue what’s going on with the game either. I don’t have the time to be checking the website of every single Kickstarter every day in the hope that something new and interesting has been posted, so I rely on updates via e-mail to keep me informed, and the Space Venture kickstarter e-mails never seem to actually have anything to do with the game itself, just tangentially associated things.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I probably should have pulled out when they were safely above their goal. Wasn’t that enthusiastic back then, although I enjoy Space Quest. Anyway, I also think it’s amusing that all the kickstarter updates have almost nothing to do with the actual game.

Plus, I think it’s hilarious they initially projected February as a release date, which we all knew was way too optimistic.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Jatsie - 12 February 2013 11:11 AM

I don’t have the time to be checking the website of every single Kickstarter every day in the hope that something new and interesting has been posted, so I rely on updates via e-mail to keep me informed.

That’s one thing that really bugs me about some of the Kickstarters. DFA, the Larry remake or Jane Jensen do a great job at sending regular updates, but others seem to assume that you’re going to be checking their site/blog regularly. At least Revolution and Hero-U provide an RSS feed, so that’s OK (-ish), but if you want info on the Tex Murphy game, you just have to remember to check their development blog (hidden behind two successive login steps) regularly. (Thanks to this thread, I just did and learnt that they had started shooting.)

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Kurufinwe - 12 February 2013 01:57 PM
Jatsie - 12 February 2013 11:11 AM

I don’t have the time to be checking the website of every single Kickstarter every day in the hope that something new and interesting has been posted, so I rely on updates via e-mail to keep me informed.

That’s one thing that really bugs me about some of the Kickstarters. DFA, the Larry remake or Jane Jensen do a great job at sending regular updates, but others seem to assume that you’re going to be checking their site/blog regularly. At least Revolution and Hero-U provide an RSS feed, so that’s OK (-ish), but if you want info on the Tex Murphy game, you just have to remember to check their development blog (hidden behind two successive login steps) regularly. (Thanks to this thread, I just did and learnt that they had started shooting.)

Same here. I didn’t fund Larry though, and DFA of course has their 2PP team on the documentary. But I think Jane Jensen has done a great job of keeping people updated. Every month she has a pdf with concept art, storyboards, etc., plus a youtube video. Concise and informative. Aside from Mystery Game X, which is out of her hands, Jane has been especially great with updates, as have other kickstarters like Broken Sword and Project Fedora.

Yet, I can’t think of any game kickstarter that has made general progress updates exclusive to backers of a minimum amount besides Two Guys. That alone is a slap in the face to me. “Thanks for helping us fund the game, but f**k you for not pledging enough.” If they think this gimmick is going to make people bump up their pledges, bah.

Spaceventure is probably the only one I regret funding. Wasn’t enthusiastic about it back then, but figured hey, what the hell, they also deserve a shot. From both a development standpoint and a communication standpoint, I don’t like what I see.

If I seem unreasonable someone feel free to say so.
Pan

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Just dont be that Harsh Inm8#2, the Wizard of the Kickstarters Tim himself has not said a word as well about his project,
but i really got nothing to say to you to calm you down, but trust Scott and Mark .. and one thing else see my avatar ... That is Ace the Hero of their working Title .. so please keep your faith in the 2 Great Guys Smile

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

inm8#2 - 13 February 2013 12:06 AM

Spaceventure is probably the only one I regret funding. Wasn’t enthusiastic about it back then, but figured hey, what the hell, they also deserve a shot. From both a development standpoint and a communication standpoint, I don’t like what I see.

If I seem unreasonable someone feel free to say so.
Pan

Ouch, from the sound of this I’m glad I’ve been a little more conservative with what I’ve backed.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Oh don’t worry Advie, I’m perfectly calm. I’m just stating my concerns/observations. Smile

But I don’t think your statement that Tim has not said a word is true. Did you support DFA? They’ve had a beautiful documentary series that has shown the backers virtually every step of the development process. Tim has been very involved and very honest with everything on the game.

I really don’t think I’m being harsh on Two Guys. I think compared to other kickstarters they’re not really showing much.

@ Kasper - well, don’t take my word for it as I could be in the minority. Maybe people who can access the “exclusive” updates like what they see. But the limited information I have seen doesn’t give me the impression they have made much progress. I’ll always give the benefit of the doubt to developers, but at the same time I’m feeling a bit doubtful about how the game will turn out. Most of their kickstarter updates talk about anything besides the game LOL.

It’s not a huge deal and I’m not upset or anything. I’m just curious to see what others think.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

inm8#2 - 13 February 2013 12:52 AM

Maybe people who can access the “exclusive” updates like what they see.

I always thought the svrewards site was for distributing the various backer rewards. Had no idea that the dev updates were also being posted there. Is there anyone here who has access to that site? And if yes, then what is actually going on?

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Aaaaand they just posted an “in-game scene” on their kickstarter feed. I guess someone saw my posts.

(Wasn’t a “backer-only” update, so I figured it’s okay to share here.)

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I’m a SVRewards member. Yeah, there is some content, but not enough to satisfy inm8#2.

Though i’d like to say I’m really happy with the latest screenshots. Grin

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Monolith - 13 February 2013 03:44 PM

I’m a SVRewards member. Yeah, there is some content, but not enough to satisfy inm8#2.

Few things in this world are enough to satisfy me.  Naughty

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Was about to post that screenshot. Holy shit, it looks amazing - HD Mark Crowe artwork. It’s a very good time for adventure.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top