• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Two Guys from Andromeda (Space Quest creators) on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

With 23 days to go on the campaign, people will surely want to continue this conversation now that we’ve on the new forum - so here’s a thread for it!

The Two Guys from Andromeda’s Kickstarter campaign is here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que

The archived thread about the campaign is here: http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30914

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

The Two Guys definitely need a boost. I think the Larry fans coming over to Jane’s campaign once Al’s kickstarter finished gave us that surge. Now the Jane fans can do the same for Two Guys.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

I can’t wait for this game. Please support this project everyone Smile I know people’s wallets are still hurting from all these other kickstarters, but this game could change the world! Wink

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Twitter: @TravisAC85

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

RPS is doing a wonderful thing by writing about Kickstarter campaigns quite often. Their latest post is a summary of projects that they find interesting enough to mention a second time.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/05/19/kickstarter-katchup/#more-108411

Yes, SpaceVenture is on that list. Also Tex Murphy. Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

These guys are in trouble. I still have the theory that if they release a great demo they might suddenly bounce back into it, but right now they are not on the track to 500k.
Its foolish for them to keep doing this “demo at every 100k” thing when the success of the whole project depends on the best possible demo being released in a timely fashion.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

If you look at Jane’s project, she was 2/3 funded with a month remaining.

Tex is almost 1/2 funded with slightly less than one month to go.

So comparatively, the Spaceventure definitely needs a huge surge in the next week or two. The existing backers might start upping their pledges to make the project more appealing to people who have hesitations about it being funded (which makes no sense as the best way to have a project funded is to pledge). Still, people have funny ways of thinking.

When these projects “look” like they aren’t going to make it, people are much less inclined to pledge. That’s where having amazing backers comes in, so they can increase their pledges and lure in the indecisive folks.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

inm8#2 - 19 May 2012 04:24 PM

Still, people have funny ways of thinking.

That is indeed a funny way of thinking. If you’ve pledged for a project that doesn’t get funded, no funds are taken from your account, so you lose nothing. That’s the point. If anything, I’d be more likely to pledge for a project I’m interested in that’s having difficulty than one that seems certain to get funded. (I’m not funding this one though. Doesn’t seem like my kind of thing.)

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

Yeah I may eventually pledge to this one but only because it’s another traditional adventure game. I haven’t played any of the space quests and so have no previous experience with the Two Guys. I have a huge backlog of games to play and don’t imagine I’ll be getting around to playing any SQ games before their campaign is over.

Also they have a terrible kickstarter video and the new video didn’t improve things. These guys just don’t seem that funny and if the game is supposed to rely on humor, they certainly aren’t very convincing with what they’ve shown us. Tex’s videos on the other hand perfectly capture what makes the tex games great.

That being said, I wish this project the best.

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I never was a big Sierra fan, but I can wholeheartedly recommend Space Quest.

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

Terabin - 19 May 2012 05:38 PM

Yeah I may eventually pledge to this one but only because it’s another traditional adventure game. I haven’t played any of the space quests and so have no previous experience with the Two Guys. I have a huge backlog of games to play and don’t imagine I’ll be getting around to playing any SQ games before their campaign is over.

Also they have a terrible kickstarter video and the new video didn’t improve things. These guys just don’t seem that funny and if the game is supposed to rely on humor, they certainly aren’t very convincing with what they’ve shown us. Tex’s videos on the other hand perfectly capture what makes the tex games great.

That being said, I wish this project the best.

I suggest you actually play some of their games to see just how funny they are Smile.

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

Chrono-Serge - 19 May 2012 06:28 PM

I suggest you actually play some of their games to see just how funny they are Smile.

Meh. I’m sure you’re right.

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2005-08-06

PM

Erwin_Br - 19 May 2012 05:51 PM

I can wholeheartedly recommend Space Quest.

Same. The Space Quest series is great.

There are also some marathons going on where other people are playing SQ for you, so you can get a feel for it without actually playing.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2007-10-11

PM

IMO the least interesting adventure game related kickstarter project. Seriously doubting about pledging.

Never playing a SQ game before certainly isn’t helping my sentiment. On the other side, crowdsourcing (aka removing the need of a publisher) is a movement we need to support.

I’m putting this one on hold. We’ll see in the coming days/weeks.

Run you pigeons, it’s Robert Frost!

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2005-08-06

PM

Thanks for not rejecting it entirely out-of-hand. I think the development prototype being made as the Kickstarter progresses as well as the awesome voice actors actually makes this more exciting than others.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I must confess, I’m one of those people sitting on the sidelines, waiting to see where this goes.

I’ve never really been a big Space Quest fan. I’ve been trying to play the SQ2 VGA remake recently to see if I can get into it, and so far it’s not bearing fruit. I’m not connecting with the story, I don’t see the humour in it, and those frequent deaths which everyone seems to love just bug me.

I still want the guys (or should that be “the Two Guys”) to succeed though, out of a sense of genre solidarity. Even though the game might not turn out to my tastes, I’m tempted to chip in a little eventually anyway, just for that reason.

I know that logically I should just make a pledge right now as a show of support, seeing as I have nothing to lose, and then adjust/cancel later if I have a change of heart. I haven’t quite been able to take myself up to that point yet though. It’s a funny thing, human nature. =/

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

Eregian - 20 May 2012 09:05 AM

IMO the least interesting adventure game related kickstarter project. Seriously doubting about pledging.

Never playing a SQ game before certainly isn’t helping my sentiment. On the other side, crowdsourcing (aka removing the need of a publisher) is a movement we need to support.

I’m putting this one on hold. We’ll see in the coming days/weeks.

Maybe you should try to play some of them, and then see if you are interested in this kickstarter Smile.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top