• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Two Guys from Andromeda (Space Quest creators) on Kickstarter

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

Zin - 11 June 2012 01:45 PM

I wasn’t sure about this one but decided to pledge after all. I sure hope it’s going to make it!

And now you are a better person for it Smile you just earned 4 points!

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Twitter: @TravisAC85

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

21 hours to go and it only needs about $8,000. It should make it….just.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

oh theyr in striking distance of one 10k backer now Tongue

they’ll end up around 550-600k most likely.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

THEY JUST HIT 500K!

20 HOURS FOR ‘SAFETY FUNDING’

I’M SO DAMN EXCITED!!1!! <- THAT’S LEGITIMATE ACCIDENTAL 1 THAT I PRESSED, NOT AN INTENTIONAL IRONIC ONE, AHHHHHHHHH!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Was there a $10k backer or something? Awesome!

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2005-11-23

PM

Chrono-Serge - 11 June 2012 03:25 PM

And now you are a better person for it Smile you just earned 4 points!

Thanks! And congratulations to Mark and Scott for their success! Now go make a game! Smile

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

Woop! I’m glad they’ve made it, and with a little time to spare. Grin

They’re already talking about stretch goals in the comments section now, and I’m just thinking to myself “C’mon, you’ve only just scraped past the target with 20 hours left on the clock, at this stage just be happy to have made it at all, and don’t start teasing people with promises of extra content in exchange for more unrealistic goals.”

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-06-09

PM

WIN SOME CLASSICS! PLEDGE AT LEAST $30 TO HAVE A CHANCE!

A fan, Rudy Marchant is offering up something for everyone to take part in.

With less than 19 hours to go before the Kickstarter deadline and with 100% of the goal

reached, pledger Rudy Marchant gives us all even more reason to contribute to the cause! He

will give away three ultra-rare highly-collectible Sierra games to three randomly picked

fans who pledged $30 or more!

Click here to read on: http://guysfromandromeda.com/win-classics-pledge-30-chance/

YOU WANT STRETCH GOALS? PROVE IT! Lets just see how high we can take this thing!

Make it rain in Andromeda!

Sell your children if you have to, because WE WANT STRETCH GOALS!

This was posted on the Kickstarter page by Warbird Games: ‘‘This is my tribute to Space

Quest. Please share it with people who’ve forgotten all the great times they had in the

twisted universe of Scott and Mark: youtu.be/j4qMKZzLebM?a’‘

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2012-06-09

PM

Jatsie - 11 June 2012 05:13 PM

Woop! I’m glad they’ve made it, and with a little time to spare.

They’re already talking about stretch goals in the comments section now, and I’m just thinking to myself “C’mon, you’ve only just scraped past the target with 20 hours left on the clock, at this stage just be happy to have made it at all, and don’t start teasing people with promises of extra content in exchange for more unrealistic goals.”

Stretch goals aren’t unrealistic expectations, most Kickstarters have them and it’s away to make the expectations even more realistic because the promise of stretch goals will spur people to pledge more and attract even more backers

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

DisconnectD20 - 11 June 2012 06:36 PM

Stretch goals aren’t unrealistic expectations, most Kickstarters have them and it’s away to make the expectations even more realistic because the promise of stretch goals will spur people to pledge more and attract even more backers

Most Kickstarters that talk about stretch goals have a week or more left to run on their campaign at that point, not 18 hours. It’s not unreasonable at that stage to mention them because the goal has been surpassed with relative ease, and it’s feasible to believe that there are more people out there willing to donate. When your campaign just crosses the finish line in the nick of time, due in large to existing backers upping their pledges to see it succeed, it then seems a little tacky to turn around and say “well, if you want all these features then you’ll have to give even more, and you’ve less than a day to manage it.” The final push has already come, it’s unrealistic to expect another at this late stage. I’d rather just be able to revel in the fact that they reached their target at all, and see the campaign calmly wind down in the final hours, rather than being faced with a list of things that won’t make it into the game unless people throw more money at it. People have put a lot of effort into just getting it to where it is now, raising the bar again now just wouldn’t sit right with me.

I’m for all seeing how much extra they can raise via their Paypal and so forth, now and after the Kickstarter has ended, I’d just rather not see another target. I’m all hyped out.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

They’ve put up a PayPal link on their page for what I imagine will be continued funding after their Kickstarter is finished.

Good luck to them on whatever their stretch goals may be, but I’m exhausted. The Kickstarter fatigue is starting to kick in after long and arduous campaigning for the Two Guys.

That website can really trigger your OCD and I’d rather keep my distance from it for a while after the Tex Murphy campaign is finished as not to fall behind in everything else I have to do. Smile

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-06-06

PM

Great news! I never doubted for a moment that they’d make it. Well, okay, to be honest I did doubt for just a small half-moment sometime yesterday, but let’s forget all that negativity and move on. Grand adventures await!

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

Kazmajik - 11 June 2012 09:23 PM

Great news! I never doubted for a moment that they’d make it. Well, okay, to be honest I did doubt for just a small half-moment sometime yesterday, but let’s forget all that negativity and move on. Grand adventures await!

I had doubted too.

Now It’s like a dream come true that all these Sierra vets are back online.

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

Frogacuda - 10 June 2012 05:21 PM

You can’t lower your goal after the fact, and in the case of Two Guys I think they may have shot a little higher than absolutely necessary, probably because they seem to be budgeting a lot for acting talent. So it’s not absurd to me to think that they might find a corner to cut if it’s the difference between making it or not.

I know you can’t change the goal after starting a campaign. I just meant that if they had funds of their own to put into the project, it should be in the budget from the start and they should have gone for a lower pledge goal from the beginning. If they pledge substantial amounts to themselves, they make it look like they have raised more than they actually have. And the thought of them having funds ready that they will only put in if they have to, pocketing it if the fans pull them through the hoop, just comes off as - well, a bit cheap and uncommitted.

I don’t understand what you mean by the rest; are you saying that they put a higher goal in order to be able to afford more well-known actors, and would use some of their personal on-the-side funding as a KS pledge (lowering the overall budget) in case the campaign started to struggle?

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

harald - 12 June 2012 09:23 AM

I know you can’t change the goal after starting a campaign. I just meant that if they had funds of their own to put into the project, it should be in the budget from the start and they should have gone for a lower pledge goal from the beginning. If they pledge substantial amounts to themselves, they make it look like they have raised more than they actually have. And the thought of them having funds ready that they will only put in if they have to, pocketing it if the fans pull them through the hoop, just comes off as - well, a bit cheap and uncommitted.

You cannot do the bit I’ve put in bold on Kickstarter. If found out you lose everything that has been pledged. There will be ways of course but the penalty is rather high if caught.

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top