• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2056

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Of all great games people are voting for Post Mortem… Is it even playable? I remember a game stopping bug that made it unfinishable.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Doom - 29 September 2018 08:01 AM

Of all great games people are voting for Post Mortem… Is it even playable? I remember a game stopping bug that made it unfinishable.

I agree it’s by far the worst game on the list. With perhaps the exception of Haunted.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I haven’t played it before but I’m downloading it now to check it out.  I may not get to it till tomorrow but I’ll report back.

From reading GoG/Steam forums and pcGamingWiki it looks like there are a couple of solvable issues (certainly no worse than getting access to Shivers 2).

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I got it working with a minimum of fuss.  I had to change one file name and install this to take care of the 3D engine:
http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html

I can’t speak to the quality of the game but the opening was intriguing (and brutal), as Still Life games tend to be, the voice-acting was adequate and the navigation was unexpected but ok.

I also edited a couple of things in the dgVoodoo conf file for better antialiasing and to remove their watermark.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I played it so long ago that I don’t remember much about it (other than the characters’ weird movement during conversations). But I do remember I managed to finish it. It’s the predecessor to Still Life, and I’d like to replay Still Life soon, which is why I decided to vote for Post Mortem as well as Still Life.

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lucien21 - 29 September 2018 04:41 AM

Post Mortem

(Shivers 2 is impossible to find digitally)

It’s available on disc at Amazon for $4.95 US

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

My vote can be added for Still Life, as I bought both Still Life and Still Life 2 in the sale this week. I decided against buying Post Mortem based on reviews. The review on Adventure Gamers mentions “atrocious dialogue and unfriendly interaction system”. Maybe someone has replayed it recently and can convince me Post Mortem is not that bad and definitely worth playing?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I liked Post Mortem, you should play it before Still Life.

It runs great on my Laptop with windows 8.1

It has many positive reviews with Four Fat Chicks giving the game a 100 % approval rating.

We have a couple of 5 star games on the list, but they never get selected for a CPT.

A CPT of unavowed with David would rock!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

rtrooney - 29 September 2018 11:17 AM
Lucien21 - 29 September 2018 04:41 AM

Post Mortem

(Shivers 2 is impossible to find digitally)

It’s available on disc at Amazon for $4.95 US

So it is. If I lived in the US then maybe, on the UK site it’s about £8.

Still can’t get it on GOG or Steam though.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

Mikekelly - 29 September 2018 11:46 AM

I liked Post Mortem, you should play it before Still Life.

Ok, you convinced me (that was easy Wink ). I bought Post Mortem, so my vote can be added for that game. Now that I own the game, I’d really like a community playthrough for it. Grin

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’d like to nominate Tormentum: Dark Sorrow, which I’m willing to lead.

Post Mortem (10) - MikeKelly (leader), Sir Beardalot, RTRooney, Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, SoccerDude, Crabapple, Lucien21, Kaubouter

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (8) - Wilco, TimovieMan, Lucebend, SoccerDude, Doom, Dumbeur, Intense Degree, Lady Kestrel
Shivers 2 (8) - Sir Beardalot, Wilco, RTRooney, SoccerDude, Doom, Timovieman, Intense Degree, Crabapple

Broken Sword (6) - Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, TimovieMan, Doom, Lady Kestrel
Thimbleweed Park (6) - MikeKelly (leader), Wilco, RTRooney, Detective Mosley, Dumbeur, Lady Kestrel

Catyph (5) - TimovieMan, RTRooney, Doom, Sir Beardalot, Crabapple
Unavowed (5) - MikeKelly (leader), Dumbeur, Wilco, SoccerDude, Detective Mosely

Still Life (4) - RTRooney, Intense Degree, Crabapple, Kabouter

Detention (3) - Wilco, Dumbeur, SoccerDude
The Gardens Between (3) - Oscar, Lady Kestrel, RTRooney

Sam & Max Season 3 (2) - Wilco, Lady Kestrel

Darkside Detective (1) - Wilco
Haunted (1) - MikeKelly (leader)
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (1) - Lady Kestrel (leader)

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d join Tormentum!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

TimovieMan - 29 September 2018 02:48 PM

I’d join Tormentum!

I’ll also join in playing Tormentum.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i will do you all a favor and save ye from this rubbish Post Mortem, The Journey Down is my vote.

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Include me in the Tormentum: Dark Sorrow vote.

Here’s a particularly good review of the game if anyone’s interested.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top