• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

TimovieMan - 26 September 2018 06:53 PM
Doom - 26 September 2018 05:29 PM

I’d also like to replay Broken Sword. Wanted to nominate it long time ago, but wasn’t sure whether it had been already playthroughed.

It hadn’t…

Oh, I didn’t know you are keeping track of all playthroughs. Thanks, that’s very handy!

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2112/

That’s where TM keeps all the secrets.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Wow, all those great discussions are kept safe! I’m gonna discover and re-discover them now. And look how many game designers took part in community playthroughs.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (8) - Wilco, TimovieMan, Lucebend, SoccerDude, Doom, Dumbeur, Intense Degree, Lady Kestrel
Shivers 2 (8) - Sir Beardalot, Wilco, RTRooney, SoccerDude, Doom, Timovieman, Intense Degree, Crabapple

Post Mortem (7) - MikeKelly (leader), Sir Beardalot, RTRooney, Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, SoccerDude

Broken Sword (6) - Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, TimovieMan, Doom, Lady Kestrel
Thimbleweed Park (6) - MikeKelly (leader), Wilco, RTRooney, Detective Mosley, Dumbeur, Lady Kestrel

Catyph (5) - TimovieMan, RTRooney, Doom, Sir Beardalot, Crabapple
Unavowed (5) - MikeKelly (leader), Dumbeur, Wilco, SoccerDude, Detective Mosely

Detention (3) - Wilco, Dumbeur, SoccerDude
The Gardens Between (3) - Oscar, Lady Kestrel, RTRooney
Still Life (3) - RTRooney, Intense Degree, Crabapple

Sam & Max Season 3 (2) - Wilco, Lady Kestrel

Darkside Detective (1) - Wilco
Haunted (1) - MikeKelly (leader)

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 26 September 2018 09:05 PM

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2112/

That’s where TM keeps all the secrets.

I can’t take sole credit. Lady Kestrel helps out a lot too, and sometimes others chip in as well.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Shivers 2 tally has been corrected since I miscounted.  Thanks for the heads up, Intense!

I’m also adding my votes for The Journey Down, Broken Sword, Thimbleweed Park, The Gardens Between, and Sam & Max Season 3.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ll add a vote for Gardens Between.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

rtrooney - 26 September 2018 08:26 PM
Sir Beardalot - 26 September 2018 01:02 PM

Oops, I just realized I’m gonna be on vacation the week after voting ends. Meh If Shivers 2 wins someone else may want to lead it. My bad!

If that is indeed the case, I ask you to document the precise process you used the get the game running. You can PM me if you want, and I will try and duplicate it at my end.

I, for one, would rather wait a week until you get back from vacation than try to lead a game I haven’t played in 20 years. And that’s only on the assumption that Shivers2 wins. Which I certainly don’t think is a given. Several other games are making a move to the front.

Thanks for the PM. I have the process for loading Shivers 2 should it win. Which means I can help other players to get this up and running. But I would still rather wait for your leadership availability. Wink It has happened before.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

rtrooney - 27 September 2018 09:08 PM
rtrooney - 26 September 2018 08:26 PM
Sir Beardalot - 26 September 2018 01:02 PM

Oops, I just realized I’m gonna be on vacation the week after voting ends. Meh If Shivers 2 wins someone else may want to lead it. My bad!

If that is indeed the case, I ask you to document the precise process you used the get the game running. You can PM me if you want, and I will try and duplicate it at my end.

I, for one, would rather wait a week until you get back from vacation than try to lead a game I haven’t played in 20 years. And that’s only on the assumption that Shivers2 wins. Which I certainly don’t think is a given. Several other games are making a move to the front.

Thanks for the PM. I have the process for loading Shivers 2 should it win. Which means I can help other players to get this up and running. But I would still rather wait for your leadership availability. Wink It has happened before.

You’re welcome. Despite being on vacation the first week of the CPT I don’t really think I’m the right person for the job. I probably should have thought it through a bit more before offering to lead. My apologies Meh I’ve only played one CPT and with Shivers 2 being nonlinear it will be a struggle to figure out how to work it out and make it streamlined for others. I would just be stressed out Frown Intense Degree you did an amazing job with Shivers, interested to lead Shivers 2?! If it wins that is.

Also, to anyone interested who may have missed Wilco’s post in the discount thread, GOG.com currently has a weekly sale running that includes Post Mortem, Still Life, and Still Life 2 all for 90% off. So you can get all 3 games for $2.97!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I added your vote for The Gardens Between to the tally above, RT.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

@Sir Beardalot Sorry to hear that. Since your are the only person who has played the game in the last 30 days, you seemed to be a perfect candidate to lead the game. But I know from personal experience that leading a playthrough can be a daunting task. Particularly if it’s the first time. Although, for someone who hasn’t done it before, whenever you decide t give it a try it’s ALWAYS going to be the first time.

I’m hoping someone else will step up. I would think of doing it myself, but prepping for a playthrough would take a good three weeks, and the voting will be over in one.

I’m not trying to nudge a vote, but if I end up leading Shivers 2, I hope it is after the next playthrough vote. That way I can plan for that eventuality.

In the meantime, another of my favorites on the list is Post Mortem, and MikeKelley has already volunteered to lead it. So, if it’s not Shivers 2, that’s where I’m hoping the vote will lean.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’d like to add a vote for Post Mortem to my previous votes.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

@rtrooney, thanks for understanding. I definitely would like to lead one at some point, but when I do, it’ll be a game that’s mostly linear so it won’t be such a headache to set up.

As for Post Mortem, I’m also leaning towards it. Firstly, I’ve never played it. Secondly, with the 90% off sale that GOG had this week all 3 games were/are available for a steal! And lastly, as you mentioned, it has a leader. Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (8) - Wilco, TimovieMan, Lucebend, SoccerDude, Doom, Dumbeur, Intense Degree, Lady Kestrel
Post Mortem (8) - MikeKelly (leader), Sir Beardalot, RTRooney, Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, SoccerDude, Crabapple
Shivers 2 (8) - Sir Beardalot, Wilco, RTRooney, SoccerDude, Doom, Timovieman, Intense Degree, Crabapple

Broken Sword (6) - Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, TimovieMan, Doom, Lady Kestrel
Thimbleweed Park (6) - MikeKelly (leader), Wilco, RTRooney, Detective Mosley, Dumbeur, Lady Kestrel

Catyph (5) - TimovieMan, RTRooney, Doom, Sir Beardalot, Crabapple
Unavowed (5) - MikeKelly (leader), Dumbeur, Wilco, SoccerDude, Detective Mosely

Detention (3) - Wilco, Dumbeur, SoccerDude
The Gardens Between (3) - Oscar, Lady Kestrel, RTRooney
Still Life (3) - RTRooney, Intense Degree, Crabapple

Sam & Max Season 3 (2) - Wilco, Lady Kestrel

Darkside Detective (1) - Wilco
Haunted (1) - MikeKelly (leader)

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Post Mortem

(Shivers 2 is impossible to find digitally)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top