• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifuwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5553

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Post Mortem (10) - MikeKelly (leader), Sir Beardalot, RTRooney, Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, SoccerDude, Crabapple, Lucien21, Kaubouter

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (9) - Wilco, TimovieMan, Lucebend, SoccerDude, Doom, Dumbeur, Intense Degree, Lady Kestrel, Advie

Shivers 2 (8) - Sir Beardalot, Wilco, RTRooney, SoccerDude, Doom, Timovieman, Intense Degree, Crabapple

Broken Sword (6) - Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, TimovieMan, Doom, Lady Kestrel
Thimbleweed Park (6) - MikeKelly (leader), Wilco, RTRooney, Detective Mosley, Dumbeur, Lady Kestrel

Catyph (5) - TimovieMan, RTRooney, Doom, Sir Beardalot, Crabapple
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (5) - Lady Kestrel (leader), TimovieMan, Crabapple, RTRooney, Sir Beardalot
Unavowed (5) - MikeKelly (leader), Dumbeur, Wilco, SoccerDude, Detective Mosely

Still Life (4) - RTRooney, Intense Degree, Crabapple, Kabouter

Detention (3) - Wilco, Dumbeur, SoccerDude
The Gardens Between (3) - Oscar, Lady Kestrel, RTRooney

Sam & Max Season 3 (2) - Wilco, Lady Kestrel

Darkside Detective (1) - Wilco
Haunted (1) - MikeKelly (leader)

Edited to add a vote.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2056

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

kabouter - 29 September 2018 11:31 AM

My vote can be added for Still Life, as I bought both Still Life and Still Life 2 in the sale this week. I decided against buying Post Mortem based on reviews. The review on Adventure Gamers mentions “atrocious dialogue and unfriendly interaction system”. Maybe someone has replayed it recently and can convince me Post Mortem is not that bad and definitely worth playing?

And I fully agree with the AG review. At least from my memory it was this kind of trashy, badly written and badly designed game full of empty screens, idiotic dialogues, horrible puzzles (mazes, pixel hunting, timed puzzles - they are all there) and bugs. I played Still Life many years later, didn’t remember a thing from the Post Mortem’s plot and still had no trouble understanding the story.

Advie - 29 September 2018 03:29 PM

i will do you all a favor and save ye from this rubbish Post Mortem, The Journey Down is my vote.

Advie, you are a hero!  Laughing But it’s still not enough Frown

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Post Mortem is one of those games I’ve had on my backlog forever. I loved Still Life and with the poor reviews that Post Mortem got I’ve always put it off. I figured with it on sale for $1 and the chance to play it in a CPT now was as good a time as ever, the reason for my vote.

Ah, Tormentum! I had completely forgotten about that game. Never played it but love the look of it. (Inspired by H.R. Giger) Yep, I’m sold! I’ll also vote for Tormentum.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I added your vote to my previous post, Sir Plentyfulchinhair. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Lady Kestrel - 29 September 2018 05:45 PM

I added your vote to my previous post, Sir Plentyfulchinhair. Smile

Haha, thanks Lady K Wink

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

BTW Amerzone, Sokal’s first game, is also on sale at GOG. Don’t know why it’s not even discussed here. I never played Amerzone, but I heard only good things about it. And it’s also first person Wink

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Doom - 29 September 2018 05:54 PM

BTW Amerzone, Sokal’s first game, is also on sale at GOG. Don’t know why it’s not even discussed here. I never played Amerzone, but I heard only good things about it. And it’s also first person Wink

OK, you convinced me to buy Amerzone which I will also vote for if someone else leads. Grin

I’ll also add a vote for Tormentum as it’s been in my library forever.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I could lead Amerzone, since I played it just over a year ago.  I liked the story and the creatures very much, but the characters were quite stiff.  Although it’s first person, it would be an easy game to divide into sections.

Doom,
I put you down for Amerzone but am not sure if you were actually voting for it. 

Post Mortem (10) - MikeKelly (leader), Sir Beardalot, RTRooney, Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, SoccerDude, Crabapple, Lucien21, Kaubouter

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (9) - Wilco, TimovieMan, Lucebend, SoccerDude, Doom, Dumbeur, Intense Degree, Lady Kestrel, Advie

Shivers 2 (8) - Sir Beardalot, Wilco, RTRooney, SoccerDude, Doom, Timovieman, Intense Degree, Crabapple

Broken Sword (6) - Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, TimovieMan, Doom, Lady Kestrel
Thimbleweed Park (6) - MikeKelly (leader), Wilco, RTRooney, Detective Mosley, Dumbeur, Lady Kestrel
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (6) - Lady Kestrel (leader), TimovieMan, Crabapple, RTRooney, Sir Beardalot, Dumbeur

Amerzone (3) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Doom?, Dumbeur

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5030

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ll throw in a vote for Amerzone as well. With the exception of one underwater puzzle, I really liked the game. And the “roller coaster ride” at the end of the game is a cinematic tour-de-force.

I started playing CPTs with CCTS. I’ve got to say the turnout for this CPT far exceeds anything I’ve seen before. Both in terms of number of games nominated and number of individuals voting. I don’t know how one would keep track of such things, but this has to have set a few records.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ll vote for Amerzone.

Got Shivers 2 up and running so my vote still stands.

Journey Down still doesn’t have a leader so I offer to lead if it wins.  Foot in mouth  Maybe theo can join in in that one if he is around

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Lady Kestrel - 29 September 2018 06:46 PM

I could lead Amerzone, since I played it just over a year ago.  I liked the story and the creatures very much, but the characters were quite stiff.  Although it’s first person, it would be an easy game to divide into sections.

Doom,
I put you down for Amerzone but am not sure if you were actually voting for it.

Thank you! Yes, I would like to play it.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There are definitely some good games in the mix.  I wish I could play them all.

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (9) - Wilco (leader), TimovieMan, Lucebend, SoccerDude, Doom, Dumbeur, Intense Degree, Lady Kestrel, Advie

Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (6) - Lady Kestrel (leader), TimovieMan, Crabapple, RTRooney, Sir Beardalot, Dumbeur

Amerzone (5) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Doom, Dumbeur, RTRooney, Wilco

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

For Post Mortem, if you want to try it out to see if it runs, make sure you set your desktop resolution to 1920x1080 or lower. I had it above that and the game displayed an error.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 29 September 2018 05:24 PM
Advie - 29 September 2018 03:29 PM

i will do you all a favor and save ye from this rubbish Post Mortem, The Journey Down is my vote.

Advie, you are a hero!  Laughing But it’s still not enough Frown

yeah, i know, because i am hero babe, so why dont you kill me. nah!.. that was another song Laughing

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Here are my votes:
Darkside Detective
The Gardens Between
The Journey Down

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top