• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Fine by me, you do what you want to do, no problem at all. Just flabbergasted to see this happening.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

chrissie - 19 February 2016 03:01 PM
giom - 19 February 2016 02:50 PM

I’ll vote for Touché if we can get the download link :-)

If we get the download link glom Touché is the winner anyway - this ‘2nd round’ is about voting again for 1 of the 4 games if the download link doesn’t happen - do you still want to vote for Touché or do you want to cast your vote differently?

No, I’ll still vote for Touché, I have the game actually but was worried for other members here. Thanks!

I like the second round rules this time, it’s quite logical…

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I just had a word from Graham Lilley, and he’ll be able to upload the game on Sunday evening or Monday morning (he’s away right now)! I’ll open the thread during the weekend.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I have been playing Shadow of the Comet. Currently has a discount on Gog.com

Possible contender for community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I echo Karlok’s flabbergasted statement. Whether or not there is a tie, or whether the tie is moot because Touche wins due to a free download capability, this is all nonsense. This is the third time in the last three or four playthrough votes where there has been serious disagreement regarding the tie-breaking process.

Form a committee. PM each other until a consensus is reached. Post the suggested rules for comment. Fold the revisions into the rules and post the rules. Them’s the rules! Sorry you disagree, but them’s the rules. And the rules stay the rules until either the AGCPT ceases to exist or there is a compelling reason to modify them.

Enough of that rant. Question: I didn’t vote for Touche. Will access to the download be available to me should that game win and I wish to join the playthrough?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Origami - 19 February 2016 08:46 PM

Wilco picked it for the next community challenge. Should start soon.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

rtrooney - 19 February 2016 09:38 PM

I echo Karlok’s flabbergasted statement. Whether or not there is a tie, or whether the tie is moot because Touche wins due to a free download capability, this is all nonsense. This is the third time in the last three or four playthrough votes where there has been serious disagreement regarding the tie-breaking process.

Form a committee. PM each other until a consensus is reached. Post the suggested rules for comment. Fold the revisions into the rules and post the rules. Them’s the rules! Sorry you disagree, but them’s the rules. And the rules stay the rules until either the AGCPT ceases to exist or there is a compelling reason to modify them.

I think the rules in this case are fair but might not have been explained very well.

The idea for the second round is that everyone gets to vote for only one game.

So. what christie did was retain all of the votes made by people who voted for only one game and ask everybody else (including people who didn’t vote in the first round) to only vote for one game.

It does make sense in this case and it’s fair because it allows everyone to participate in the vote (which I hope would lead to more people joining the playthrough)

Enough of that rant. Question: I didn’t vote for Touche. Will access to the download be available to me should that game win and I wish to join the playthrough?

It’s my understanding that yes it’ll be possible. And if you have the time, you should, it’s a great game and it’d be great to see you there.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Kurufinwe - 20 February 2016 05:49 AM

Owh wow…didn’t know that. Quality adventure game with good pacing and it will stir up some discussions along the way because of its nature. Seemed a good fit.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Kurufinwe - 20 February 2016 05:49 AM

I didn’t know that! All the more reason to check the challenge threads in future when I’m not participating.  Shifty Eyed I’ll be there. I’ll also join the official playthrough, and I’m still playing The Witness. No rest for the wicked.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m not sure why either you Tim or Karlok are ‘flabbergasted’???? If there’s a tie then the only way to resolve it is to have another vote surely!  Or maybe you have a problem with the game winning due to a free download capability as you wrongly perceive but I don’t see why as it was ahead with 9 votes until 2 members were honest enough to confess that they couldn’t find a legitimate copy of the game & so their votes were withdrawn until Lady K was offered the game from a friend (no download capability mentioned BTW) putting it in the lead again & so it won fair & square!

I don’t agree with the committee idea but deciding on some definitive tie-breaker rules seems a good idea in theory (preferably in a separate thread) but I fear that in practise nothing would still be agreed after numerous forum pages !  Laughing   

giom - 20 February 2016 06:40 AM

I think the rules in this case are fair but might not have been explained very well.

The idea for the second round is that everyone gets to vote for only one game.

So. what chrissie did was retain all of the votes made by people who voted for only one game and ask everybody else (including people who didn’t vote in the first round) to only vote for one game.

It does make sense in this case and it’s fair because it allows everyone to participate in the vote (which I hope would lead to more people joining the playthrough)

Thanks glom - you explained that far better than I did! Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I don’t think glom’s clarification, no matter how coherent it was, obviates the problem of there being no clear and consistent way of breaking ties. I know this. I am the score keeper of the casual playthrough.

I am going to follow through on your suggestion to start a separate thread to try and get this settled once and forever.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve had a busy weekend and only now saw the second round of votes. So let me make a completely unnecessary and redundant post by stating that my second round vote is for Machinarium. Tongue Grin Crazy

As an aside, I’m not entirely convinced a separate thread for tie-breaker rules is necessary. We’ve had the same tie-breaker argument several times before, every time it lead to several pages of heated discussion, and not once was concensus reached. I don’t think it’ll be reached now… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Time for a new community playthrough?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

Iznogood - 05 April 2016 05:14 PM

Time for a new community playthrough?

I enjoyed my first playthrough discovering Touché together with the rest of you. If a game is chosen that is already on my ‘to play’ list, or that intrigues me enough like Touché, count me in.

As I would like to play a game that I haven’t played before, I don’t think I’d be a suitable playthrough leader, which makes me hesitant to nominate any games.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Dangaronpa, Mikekelly leader

Hotel Dusk, Mikekelly leader

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top