• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’ll vote for Touché if we can get the download link :-)

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

giom - 19 February 2016 02:50 PM

I’ll vote for Touché if we can get the download link :-)

If we get the download link glom Touché is the winner anyway - this ‘2nd round’ is about voting again for 1 of the 4 games if the download link doesn’t happen - do you still want to vote for Touché or do you want to cast your vote differently?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’ll give a vote to Machinarium since it’s available on gog. Plus, the other two confirmed codgers were are on the player list.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ll add an Ankh vote, and I’ll lead it.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Wonderful! - we now have a playthrough leader for Ankh!

4 Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer (diego): mart, diego, Karlok, chrissie
2 Ankh (Becky): Iznogood, Becky
1 Blade Runner (MikeKelly): Advie
1 Machinarium (Lady Kestrel):  rtrooney

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

+1 for ankh

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sorry to get picky, but isn’t the tie-break vote limited to those who either did not vote, e.g., me, or those that only voted for one game? If so, I’m not sure the lst vote I saw posted is legit.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 19 February 2016 03:47 PM

Sorry to get picky, but isn’t the tie-break vote limited to those who either did not vote, e.g., me, or those that only voted for one game? If so, I’m not sure the lst vote I saw posted is legit.

No Tim, the members that only voted for one game were already listed - the tie-break is between everyone who voted for more than one game (within the 4) & anyone else that wants to take part (like yourself!)  Smile

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Okay!  Thanks to a friend here, I was able to secure a copy of Touché, so it gets my vote.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Vote for Touche here

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

All of a sudden we have 4 votes for Touche instead of 8. I don’t care what anybody says, that’s simply not right. Legit, tiebreaks, two votes, one voter, gazillion votes, new rules for the umpteenth time. What the ....!

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Update for the ‘2nd round’:
6 Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer (diego): mart, diego, Karlok, chrissie, Lady Kestrel, wilco
3 Ankh (Becky): Iznogood, Becky, SoccerDude28
1 Blade Runner (MikeKelly): Advie
1 Machinarium (Lady Kestrel):  rtrooney

but…...as Lady Kestrel has now secured the game we have to backtrack to the ‘1st round’:

8 Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer (diego): chrissie, glom, Oscar, wilco, Lady Kestrel, mart, diego, Karlok,
7 Ankh: Oscar, wilco, Lady Kestrel, Becky, SoccerDude28, Advie, Iznogood
7 Machinarium (Lady Kestrel): Mikekelly, SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel, Becky, Noddy, TimovieMan, chrissie
7 Blade Runner MikeKelly): Advie, wilco, glom, SoccerDude28, Noddy, TimovieMan, MikeKelly
5 Hotel Dusk (Mikekelly): Mikekelly, Oscar, SoccerDude28, wilco, TimovieMan
5 Botanicula (Lady Kestrel): Mikekelly, SoccerDude28, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, crabapple
4 Contradiction (chrissie): chrissie, Lady Kestrel, Becky, TimovieMan
3 Danganronpa (Mikekelly): Mikekelly, Nelza, TimovieMan
1 Sanitarium: Advie

I therefore declare Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer to be the next Community Play Through game (woo hoo!) whenever you’re ready diego!

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

So thanks to some new rule I have missed it’s now possible for a game that had 8 votes to end up with only 4 votes, below games which previously were in the middle section, because Chrissie withdrew other people’s votes? 

That’s too crazy for words. Don’t worry, I don’t care. You make your ridiculous rules, fine by me, I won’t bother reading them. I’m just totally flabbergasted by these new developments.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I voted for Touché and then couldn’t find a copy, so Chrissie took my vote away, making it a 4-way tie.  She kept the votes of the people who voted only for Touché and no other game.  The other players who voted for more than one game then had to decide which one they wanted.  Meanwhile, I managed to secure a copy of the game, so my original vote was valid after all, which broke the tie.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 19 February 2016 04:53 PM

So thanks to some new rule I have missed it’s now possible for a game that had 8 votes to end up with only 4 votes, below games which previously were in the middle section, because Chrissie withdrew other people’s votes? 

That’s too crazy for words. Don’t worry, I don’t care. You make your ridiculous rules, fine by me, I won’t bother reading them. I’m just totally flabbergasted by these new developments.

No new rules Karlok & votes were only withdrawn from members who had voted for more than 1 game within the tied games to prompt another vote for just one of those games from the same members - maybe it could have been approached differently where they were asked to retract choices? As far as I can tell it’s always a PITA when there’s a tie & there’s always going to be some opposition to the way someone tries to resolve it. How would you have done it Karlok?

Lady Kestrel - 19 February 2016 05:06 PM

I voted for Touché and then couldn’t find a copy, so Chrissie took my vote away, making it a 4-way tie.  She kept the votes of the people who voted only for Touché and no other game.  The other players who voted for more than one game then had to decide which one they wanted.  Meanwhile, I managed to secure a copy of the game, so my original vote was valid after all, which broke the tie.

Thank you Lady Kestrel, I just saw your post after I replied & I’m glad that you could make sense of what I did!!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top