• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jabod - 18 December 2015 11:45 AM

If asked for my preferred method then it would be as has been used for the last couple of ties: those that voted for the tied games are the only ones that can vote now.

Jabod, I appreciate everything you’ve said but that method was used for the last couple of ties & as a consequence on the most recent PT there have been pages of protests so it has to be re-addressed - if Noddy’s option D is not acceptable then what? I’ve got to the point I don’t even want to look at the thread.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Noddy - 16 December 2015 04:58 AM

A) Only people who voted for all of the tied games.
B) Only people who voted for any of the tied games.
C) Only people who voted at all.
D) Anybody at all.

A but I’m willing to compromise and accept D.

Hell, I’m willing to accept all 4, as long it can put an end to these endless discussions. (And B & C are basically just variations of A, for the reasons Jabod just stated.)

Edit:

SoccerDude28 - 18 December 2015 12:07 PM

Whoever voted for one of the tied games the first time, and did not get a chance to vote the second time will have their vote automatically count towards whatever they voted for the first time around. The reasoning for that is that they could have been busy to vote again, so we shouldn’t punish them if they didn’t get a chance to visit the forums during the duration of the second vote.

And that too!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

From what I’ve read in the thread most of the people who were protesting would probably find option D acceptable. It’s simple, it’s fair and I definitely agree with Iznogoud and SoccerDude28, anyone who voted previously for the tied games should have their vote carried over.

Jabod, I prefer option D because it allows newcomers the opportunity to come in and vote to join a CPT. It’s inclusive and if it can bring one more player to the CPT then it’s a win. The more people play and enjoy CPTs the more it is isn’t it?

By the way, love your avatar Chrissie. Merry christmas!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It’s simple - if a tie happens, 2 or 3 more days are added, and the list stays as it is. ANYBODY can vote. ANYBODY can change their vote. You can still vote for as many games as there are in the tie! If the tie happens the second time, we have 1 more day. If the tie happens the third time, administrator tosses the coin.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

giom - 18 December 2015 12:29 PM

By the way, love your avatar Chrissie. Merry christmas!

Thank you glom! It’s my xmas 2014 edition & I borrowed the hat from a bull-dog which he’s kindly lent me for another year!  Laughing

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

chrissie - 18 December 2015 12:08 PM

I’ve got to the point I don’t even want to look at the thread.

I think nearly everyone feels that way, which is why now is not a good time to vote.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Hey folks, now that the last community playthrough of JULIA has come to a close, and that thread has been idle for a while, it’s probably time for the next playthrough. Should we start voting?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sure:

Mike Kelly leader Hotel Dusk.

Mike Kelly leader Danganronpa.

Sefir leader, Machinarium/Botanicula.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’ll vote for Hotel Dusk and nominate Touché again and Ankh.

2 Hotel Dusk (Mikekelly): Mikekelly, Oscar
1 Machinarium (Sefir): Mikekelly
1 Botanicula (Sefir): Mikekelly
1 Danganronpa (Mikekelly): Mikekelly
1 Ankh: Oscar
1 Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer: Oscar

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Are the two of you voting for someone else? I don’t see Sefir around.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’d love to play Blade Runner but would need a leader (and I don’t think I’d make a good leader)

Otherwise, Touché gets my vote (but then I’m not sure anymore when they were planning to have it up on Gog)

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll cast a vote for Touche!

I’m with Karlok on this in that the person who volunteered to be play-through leader on previous nominations shouldn’t automatically be carried over to present nominations without their consent.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

chrissie - 08 February 2016 07:26 AM

I’m with Karlok on this in that the person who volunteered to be play-through leader on previous nominations shouldn’t automatically be carried over to present nominations without their consent.

Especially when they haven’t been around for over a week.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Agreed.

3 Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer: Chrissie, Giom, Oscar
2 Hotel Dusk (Mikekelly): Mikekelly, Oscar
1 Machinarium: Mikekelly
1 Botanicula: Mikekelly
1 Danganronpa (Mikekelly): Mikekelly
1 Ankh: Oscar

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ll add Contradiction & will offer my services as play through leader - please don’t expect me to be any good!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top