• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #3: Violet

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>burn rubber square with lighter
Military-slingshot-grade rubber is flame resistant.

You’re looking out the window again.  The zombies and pirates stop and point toward the sky to the west.

>x gem
(I always forget they aren’t called potato gems here.  Just like I can never remember that it’s “cotton candy” instead of “fairy floss.”)

I think you brought tater tots for your lunch a fortnight ago.  I hope it’s not older than that.

[[I’ll be offline for at least three hours.]]

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>x vent
>put potato gem in nose

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I wonder if we can get the binder clip

>get binder clip
>put binder clip in nose

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>x vent
(standing up first)
It’s an ordinary vent with a metal grill.

A purplish bit of something is under the right bottom corner of the vent.  You can’t see what it is from down here.

You tug your hair anguishedly and say out loud, “The pen is emblematic of what a [bother]-up I am.”  Please, chunky rabbit.  It’s just a pen.  Don’t start down one of your spirals about it.

>put potato gem in nose
After that stunt at Lucy’s party last fall, I don’t want you in the emergency room with another “adenoid incident.”  So please don’t try putting random objects into your nose.

>get binder clip
I’ve fused the binder clip to the rest of the frame.  You can’t do anything to it without breaking the frame, which, it goes without saying, has considerable sentimental value for us both.

Primrose sings about how she has a special purple pen that she uses when she writes about boys.  I’m not sure I’ve ever heard a lead singer whose voice is so inconspicuous.

>put binder clip in nose
I am a very understanding girlfriend.  That does mean I enjoy feeling like you are trying silly things just to test my understanding.

The way I see it we still have 4 problems: Julia’s perfume, the interesting outside world, the book and the absent pen.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Isn’t there a pen between the sprinkler and the ceiling? What about that purple think?

>climb desk
>x vent
>x pen
>get pen

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>x vent
(getting off the desk first)
It’s an ordinary vent with a metal grill.

A purplish bit of something is under the right bottom corner of the vent.  You can’t see what it is from down here.

You look over at the book again.  You know you don’t actually need to read it today.

>x pen
It’s a bright lavender tube, like the brand of gel-ink pen that Marty used to use.  There are some scratchings on the side that look like letters, but from here you cannot read what it says.

>get pen
You can’t reach it.  The sprinkler is more than three metres off the floor.

You’re looking out the window again.  Holy [bother].  Somebody built a dirigible for this.  The outside appears to be covered in aluminium foil, so it’s good it just missed the power lines as it descends into the park.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>move chair to door
>climb chair
>x purple thing (or x vent if that doesn’t work)
>get purple thing

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>move chair to door
The chair is now by the door.

>climb chair
Be careful, banana squizzle.  The chair wobbles a bit as you stand up on it.

Primrose sings about how the idea of living with eight housemates sounded like fun but she actually spends most weekends hiding from them in her room.  You pay no attention.

>x purple thing
I don’t see what you are talking about.

>x purple bit
It’s some thread.  But, like I said, crunchie, it’s stuck in the corner of the vent above you.  If you want to get a good look at it, take it first.

>get it
Yours, teacake.

>x it
It’s perhaps ten centimetres long.  I adore lilac!  I’ve a jumper this colour (I mean, a sweater—such a quirky word.)

You look at the book again and wring your hands anxiously.  You need to forget about it.

>

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Can we close or block the vent to stop perfume wafting in?

>close vent
>throw potato gem at pen
>x stool
>get wood

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sorry, I forgot to save last night when I went to bed. Frown So now I have to figure out what I have to do again, that’s the problem with online saves. I’ll be back.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hope I got everything right…

>close vent
I’m sure one day you’ll have an office with a window you can open and a vent you can close.  But not while you’re a graduate student.

You’re looking out the window again.  The zombies and pirates have regained their composure and are lurching and marauding (respectively) toward the landed aircraft.  The hatch at the bottom opens with strange green smoke billowing out.

>throw gem at pen
The tater tot is dense, but still it’s hard to accurately throw something so small and light.  You try several times.  If you throw it softly, it has too much arc and it hits the ceiling, and if you throw it hard you have poor control and miss by a foot or more.

It’s too bad you don’t have a bow and arrow, as then maybe all those summer visits to your spooky bowhunting uncle would pay off.

>x stool
(getting off chair first)
The stool is broken and in bright-pastel-blue-with-yellow-stars pieces on the floor.

You look up at the ceiling.  “Colin wouldn’t have forgotten his bag.” you say ruefully.  “Colin would never be without a pen.”  Please, jellysquish.  This is not a helpful line of thinking.

>get wood
I don’t see what you are talking about.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Finally caught up. That’s a lot of fun! Reminds me of the work I have to do that I’m avoiding by reading this forum Smile

Let’s try:
> throw gem at pen with rubber square

> burn book with lighter

If that doesn’t work, then maybe:

> put pile in wastebasket
> put book in wastebasket

> burn wastebasket with lighter

Maybe this’ll even help with the smell…

Also I wanted to try:

> scream

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Glad you’re joining us, giom. Smile

>throw gem at pen with rubber square
I only understood you as far as wanting to throw the tater tot at the pen.

>burn book with lighter
Gee, budgie.  Far be it from me to be the moral conscience when fire is involved, but that’s a library book.  There’s bound to be a hefty fine.  And it seems a little insane.  If you really want to, we can, but it shouldn’t be a rash decision.

>put pile in wastebasket
You need to be holding the pile you cannot even contemplate before you can put it into something else.

Primrose sings about a boy at work who notices what books she reads.  You do not notice.

>get pile
The pile is too large for you to gather up.  Plus, the pile makes you feel so defeated.

>put book in wastebasket
You need to be holding the book before you can put it into something else.

>get book
Why did you pick up the book again?  It’s as though you know you need to avoid distractions, but keep putting yourself in positions where you’ll have trouble resisting them.

You’re looking out the window again.  Two aliens step through the hatch, green skin and giant foreheads.  Eight other aliens jump out of the bushes and start attacking the pirates and zombies with these silver sticks that have a chartreuse coil wrapped around them.

>put it in wastebasket
You put the book into the wastebasket.

>burn wastebasket with lighter
(first taking the wastebasket)
I think it’s a bit too unwieldy to carry around your office.

>scream
Do not let Julia inside your head.  You need to ignore her.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

We should have locked the book with the cable Smile
Try burning it again

>burn book with lighter

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top