• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #3: Violet

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>get cable
Done, toaster strudel.  You’re now holding the ethernet cable.

>open window
(standing up first)
For a graduate student like yourself, having an office with a window and a great view is almost too much to hope for.  A window that actually opens is, in fact, too much to hope for.

You are distracted by Julia going on loudly about how you get a discount if you get both tongue piercings at the same time.

>throw cable out window
None of the graduate student offices in this building have windows that open.

>write
(first sitting on chair)
You try again.  Two minutes later you take the cable and plug it back into the computer.  You start idly googlestalking friends from primary school.

Okay.  We are not going to to be able to work out your “internet addiction” issues today, spongemuffin.  We need to figure out a way forward anyway.

>

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Or if that doesn’t work
>put cable in cabinet
>lock cabinet
>write

Also have we done:
>x window

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

maybe after locking the cabinet

>eat key

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>put cable in cabinet
(first standing up)
You need to be holding the blue ethernet cable before you can put it into something else.

>get cable
Done, weet-bix.  You’re now holding the ethernet cable.

You’re looking out the window again.  The zombie in the park is dressed like an investment banker, but you recognise him as a zombie because of the pasty skin, blood dripping from his mouth, and lurching gait.  He pauses to look at his watch.

>put cable in cabinet
You put the blue ethernet cable into the cabinet.

>lock cabinet
You close the cabinet and lock it.  Clever little wallaroo.

>write
(first sitting on chair)
Within three minutes you’ve taken the cable out of the cabinet and are watching a video of a dog dressed as a ballerina.  Oh, spicy biscuit.  If you can’t be disciplined, then you’ll have to be clever.

You do unplug the cable again and lock it back in the cabinet.  Now, what to do with the key?

>eat key
It looks so easy in movies!  You put it in your mouth and will yourself to swallow hard.  But when the key is at the top of your throat, some primordial terror reflex kicks in and you cough the key back into your hand.

You are distracted by Julia talking about her [bother].  I can’t believe you dated someone so crass.

>x window
Your window is immediately behind your desk, about two metres high and one wide.  It has an old grey blind, which is raised.

On the sill I am a bit surprised to see a lighter.

You look out the window.  A second zombie enters the park from the east, holding a sign.  The first zombie looks relieved.

>

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>throw key under door
>lower blind
>get lighter
>write

Or maybe

>put key on cactus

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>throw key under door
I only understood you as far as wanting to throw the shiny little key.

>put key under door
You slide the key under the door.  It feels good to be rid of it.

“Excuse me,” you hear Julia tell Historic Pfister a few moments later.  Then you hear footsteps and see the key skidding back under the door into your office.

>lower blind
You pull the cord and nothing happens.  You complained to me about this weeks ago and I explained what the problem likely was and how to fix it.  Remember?

Your eyes go all dreamy again as the latest waft of Julia’s perfume induces another galling little reverie.  Ugh.  You have to snap out of this.

>get lighter
Yours, rockmelon.  It’s hard for me to be enthusiastic about lighters as a woman who owns her own blowtorch.

>write
(first sitting on chair)
It’s not long before you’ve fetched the cable from the cabinet and are back online, looking up whether I’ve announced I’m leaving you to my Facebook friends.

Okay.  You unplug the cable once more and lock it in the cabinet.  You’re standing in the middle of your office now, trying to figure out what to do with the key.

>

LOL! I’m beginning to like both Julia and Violet. Blowtorch indeed.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>put key on cactus
Putting things on the giant cactus would achieve nothing.

You’re looking out the window again.  The sign held by the zombie says “Zombies Was People Too”.  Another pair of people dressed up as zombies enter the park.  One holds a sign saying “Undead and Proud!”

>

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>x blind

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>x blind
I wish the blind was more colourful.  It’s raised.  There’s a cord.

I don’t think you’re going to be able to figure out what the problem is with the blind from down here.  You’ll have to get onto the desk.

>

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

alright…........

>get on desk
>x blind

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>get on desk
You climb onto your desk.  Be careful, lemon squidgie.

>x blind
You can see what’s wrong with the blind now.  The little whatever is stuck.*  This is easy: you can just FIX it.

You are distracted by Julia saying especially loudly, “Impressive, huh?  When I was in high school my guidance counsellor recommended that I become a contortionist.”

>*
Actual-Me of course knows precisely what the whatever is called.  I used the right term when I explained the workings of your blind to you at length on that napkin at WinkyDog.  Imaginary-Me is using “whatever” because you don’t remember.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>x door
>x wall
>x ceiling
>x floor

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

and

>fix blind

and

>x sprinkler

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>x door
(getting off the desk first)
It’s a plain white wooden door.  On the other side is distraction and ruin.  Abandon hope, all ye who exit.

On the wall beside the door is the lightswitch.  Above the door is a vent.

You are thinking about your bag again.  “Why am I always so forgetful?” you say aloud.  “Why am always I so disorganized?”  Wallaroo, dwelling on it won’t help. “I know!” you exclaim.  “Why do I always dwell on everything?”

>x wall
Remember how Marty hung a couple of his paintings when this was his office?  I wish you’d put up at least a couple posters.  Your walls are so dreary and bare.  Not anything to worry about today, of course.

The lightswitch is on the wall by the door.

>x ceiling
Because this is a renovated warehouse, the ceilings are very high, almost four metres off the ground.  I think you could do more with it instead there just being that a fluorescent light. Marty hung those spectacular Dutch mobiles, remember?  I miss those.

>x floor
It’s drab and would look much better if we found a rug that matched the chair.  (I’m not sure why I am so preoccupied with your office decor when what I want is for you to finish so we can get out of Madison.)

The floor slopes alarmingly downward over in the corner by the cactus, like that whole part of the room may be about to collapse.

On your floor is a wastebasket.

You are distracted by Julia saying especially loudly, “It’s not so much that I’m double jointed as just very determined.”

>fix blind
You can’t fix the blind from down here.

>x sprinkler
Remember?  Last October:
“Hey, wallaroo, why is there a pen between the sprinkler and the ceiling?”
“It’s been there since I moved in.”
“How could somebody even wedge a pen up in there like that?”
“It’s even more mysterious considering that the previous occupant of this office was a dwarf.”
“Marty! He was hilarious! Remember the prank with the disappearing ink toner cartridge?”
“That was mostly you, dear.  All Marty did was slip it in Julia’s printer before her big presentation.”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

>get on desk
>fix blind
>put key in vent

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top