• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #38: Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Karlok - 28 February 2016 05:28 PM

I already complained about that in the posts 24 and 35.
It’s so nice to know that nobody except Diego reads my posts.

Like i said: im early in and not ready to read too much spoiler tags yet.

Iv elected to start over, i think that wouldv driven me crazy even if its really not a big deal. Although now i am facing having 0 after the bar scene Tongue My other save file had over 60 coins because i tried to give some to henri and it jumped up.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ouch. Duly noted, that’s on me for arriving late
Neutral

I’m not restarting though, shouldn’t be a problem.

Wandering around the towns is nice (stables jokes Smile ) and great that Henri has lots of remarks every time you leave someplace (mostly complaining about food)
Paris is somewhat annoying, everybody keeps shouting, I guess it’s a good representation of the hectic life but I may have to take out the voices in there,

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I actually saw your post too today when I read over the whole thread (hadn’t time to start until today and wanted to be a bit further before I started reading the posts…).

I just answered the latest mention of the bug.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanks giom for the clarification! I hope there won’t be troubles for us that haven’t restarted the game.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

zane - 28 February 2016 06:34 PM

Like i said: im early in and not ready to read too much spoiler tags yet.

Iv elected to start over, i think that wouldv driven me crazy even if its really not a big deal. Although now i am facing having 0 after the bar scene Tongue My other save file had over 60 coins because i tried to give some to henri and it jumped up.

I don’t think it matters, because there is a point in this chapter where you lose all your money anyway.

Total Posts: 5597

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I had a chance to start the game today but haven’t gotten very far yet.  I do like Henri’s comments when I tried some of the lamer dialogue options.  Also, the “that doesn’t work” response reminds me of a certain wizard I grew to know and love. Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

To everyone concerned about the “money bug” and all that stuff to buy in Paris, let me just tell you that bartering was VERY popular in the Renaissance France. Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The info about the ScummVM “money bug” has been added to the first post, but I’m happy to say that I checked and I’m 99% sure that the game is winnable even with the bug.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m currently stuck in Amiens in the monastery. I’ve disguised Henri as a monk and fixed the sandals but I think I’m missing the cross. Probably time to visit other places?

I’ve not had much success with bartering in Paris, nobody seems to want anything from me.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

For both Paris and Amiens, you need to visit Saint Quentin

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Pixel-hunting and irrational puzzles are a danger combination…. Another game for me to keep getting stuck Smile
Managed to get in the tavern in St Quentin
I now have lots and lots objects and am standing at the door to the Louvre but I’m not really why I would want go there.

Edit: Oh wait, in St. Quentin I didn’t get in the church. I see it now Pan

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Alright, Le Mans showed up now. Game is very open so sometimes it might seem a bit confusing on what to do. Just have to remember what is the mission.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv now begun my travels around france, very fun game!
Some of my favorite moments so far:
asking juliette the best place to dispose a body and her shrieking and running away
Seeing that the body is still there the next morning.. and henri stashes it away in his sack
searching the captains cluttered office and realizing what to do with the invisible message was a fun little puzzle

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 24 February 2016 06:11 PM

I wish the game wouldn’t crack the exact same jokes every time you go up a street.  Thumbs Up

This was fun the first time but also got in my nerves, specially when you wander between towns looking for a solution and always have to wait for Henri to make the same comments! Yes, Henri, I know you didn’t pack your bags yet…
I do wonder if this didn’t suppose to happen and is another ScummVM bug, since it doesn’t make much sense a lot of times.
Another problems are the hotspots that a lot of time are too small and down represent the object. I always have keep looking where to click on Henri.

My favorite part so far is the banter between Henri ahd Geofroi. Even found a place in Amiens where they deliver a: Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 01 March 2016 07:08 AM
Karlok - 24 February 2016 06:11 PM

I wish the game wouldn’t crack the exact same jokes every time you go up a street.  Thumbs Up

This was fun the first time but also got in my nerves, specially when you wander between towns looking for a solution and always have to wait for Henri to make the same comments! Yes, Henri, I know you didn’t pack your bags yet…
I do wonder if this didn’t suppose to happen and is another ScummVM bug, since it doesn’t make much sense a lot of times.

Definitely a ScummVM bug. I played the game several times and I don’t remember it. Also you can skip the dialogue by pressing space.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top