• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #38: Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve had very little time to play this past week & it’s going to be the same next week (& I’m feeling so frustrated about it as I just want to get stuck in) so I’m planning on a marathon to catch up next Monday (not tomorrow) & meanwhile trying to play here & there when I’m not too tired in between my dreadful work regime of late!!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Ok, I’m not very observant Smile. I only got 5/10 on that Quizz….

I’m in Le mans now and I’ve run into a small bug:

If you go to the Gambling den and talk to the gambler, then Geoffroy already knows to then ask for a Venus Flytrap without having gotten the password from the players

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Only five correct: 1, 2, 3, 5, 9.  Frown  I should have done better, this is my second playthrough.

Going to write more tomorrow, it’s half past two in the morning.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

giom - 06 March 2016 02:10 PM

I’m in Le mans now and I’ve run into a small bug:

If you go to the Gambling den and talk to the gambler, then Geoffroy already knows to then ask for a Venus Flytrap without having gotten the password from the players

Same thing happened to me, when and how would we get the Venus Flytrap password? without the bug

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Yeah, I reloaded the game to try and find the way :-)

if you give the marked card to one of the players, he’ll notice that the cards he’s playing with are marked and will kick the gambler out of the game. They’re then free to tell you about the password

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 06 March 2016 01:23 PM

I’ve had very little time to play this past week & it’s going to be the same next week (& I’m feeling so frustrated about it as I just want to get stuck in) so I’m planning on a marathon to catch up next Monday (not tomorrow) & meanwhile trying to play here & there when I’m not too tired in between my dreadful work regime of late!!

As some players have seem to be fallen behind, I’ll prolong this part to two weeks - I’ve planned for this playthrough to last around a month, and I’ll stick to it, it’s just that I’m prolonging the middle part and cutting on the final chapter, because this is where the game really excels in “open-endedness”, and we want for all players to overcome it. Smile Of course, the “interactive tempo” is still on, and as soon as I figure that all that joined this playthrough are done with the part 3 (like, after 10 days), we won’t wait to start the fourth part.

p.s. Expect hints for part 2 soon.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m still in part one.  I found the target practice yard but had to stop there last night.  I was very surprised when Henri picked up the dead body, and I got a chuckle out of getting whistled at while trying on clothes at the tailors’ shop. Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I gotta say this is one of those games that feel just exhusting. There’s things in it I really like, but it also has its fair share of design elements that turn me off. Now that I’ve been playing it I know why I never did bother to finish it the last time I tried it.

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I really loved that game when I first played it a long time ago but now that I’m replaying it I do notice a lot of small annoyances that I didn’t remember…

For example, the banter between Henri and Geoffroy is fun the first time but it gets old fast when they always repeat the same thing.. I’m happy they don’t use overly fake French accents but I also get a bit annoyed when they don’t pronounce any of the city names properly (I’m from the region so I guess I might be biased)...

But with all that said, the story is quite charming, some exchanges are quite funny and I’m still enjoying it.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

I’m still in the middle of the second part and am completely and utterly stuck to the point where I had to resort to a walkthrough.

I’m at the point where I need to get to Le Mans and the captain demands the marksman certificate.  The walkthrough tells me that I need to speak to Atoff to get a gun but when I try the musketeer is still d’Artagnan.

Am I missing something or do I need to go back to an earlier save?

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nelza, one of the three practicing musketeers is Atoff.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I was stuck at the same place - the musketeers are gone actually (throwing foods at more witches?), and in order for them to go back to the regiment, you need to free the witch. And you can do it with a soap. And you’ll find that item in Amiens stable, in a wooden bucket. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That witch puzzle annoyed me immensely because you had to click the soap exactly on small spot that is the wood thing. clicking it on the witch game no response…

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 10 March 2016 05:25 AM

I was stuck at the same place - the musketeers are gone actually (throwing foods at more witches?), and in order for them to go back to the regiment, you need to free the witch.

I don’t think you do. I’m in Le Mans and the witch is still in the stocks.

I still can’t get anywhere in Paris. I think I need food to give to the cheese salesman and the urchin but I can’t get food anywhere. Which is annoying. No idea what I’m supposed to be doing now.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think that puzzle depends on [spoiler]if you manage to ask about training before thw witch gets on the stocks and that depends on if you visit the woman in the tower. 

If the witch thing happens and the musketeers aren’t at the base, you just need to get to the tower the third time and get the witch a parfume after you’ve freed her. That makes her leave and the musketeers return to their training.

[/spoiler]

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top