• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #38: Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 28 February 2016 05:54 AM

I’ve just had a very enjoyable morning replaying from the beginning after fiddling around with the Scumm options more (thanks for the suggestions diego!) & at last to get voicing!  Thumbs Up (although I’d lost all my progress anyway!!!) I think I’ve redone everything & more in Rouen at the moment? unless there’s any way to help the witch? Laughing

Great news!!! Later today we’ll start the second part! (as for your question - don’t worry, we’ll go back to Rouen most certainly Smile )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 25 February 2016 11:52 AM

How can I enter Juliette’s room?

You’ll get to the balcony with a little help from the cart. Did you see the rope?

Use the dagger on the rope

How can I enter Juliette’s room AGAIN?

Have you watched athletics sometime? There’s a discipline that could be useful here.

Namely, pole vault. Now, if only you had a pole…

For a pole, you’ll use the broken ladder.

I hope there’s a third way up otherwise I might be in a bit of trouble Gasp

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 28 February 2016 06:46 AM

Yes. Much later in the game though.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Well, now, things get interested! We track our killer, but also serve the king & country! Travel at will, but stop when Le Man becomes an option on the map! I’m giving you one week until Sunday, 6 March to do so (which should be enough even for those that are lagging behind).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wow, you’re a lousy seducer! How many times do you need to go to the lady’s room?! Grin

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Quick question: is there a fast way to load when you start the game up? I dont mind skipping the beginning dialogue every time but if theres a faster way i would use it.
This game is very charming, funny, and so far im enjoying the interface and the puzzles.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zane - 28 February 2016 02:18 PM

Quick question: is there a fast way to load when you start the game up? I dont mind skipping the beginning dialogue every time but if theres a faster way i would use it.
This game is very charming, funny, and so far im enjoying the interface and the puzzles.

Are you playing with DOSBox or ScummVM? If you’re playing with ScummVM, you don’t click on Play, but on Load right when the ScummVM starts.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

diego - 28 February 2016 02:31 PM

Are you playing with DOSBox or ScummVM? If you’re playing with ScummVM, you don’t click on Play, but on Load right when the ScummVM starts.

Ohhhhhh, yes im using scummvm, thats very helpful, thanks!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 28 February 2016 02:05 PM

Wow, you’re a lousy seducer! How many times do you need to go to the lady’s room?! Grin

Normally I’m the one being seduced Kiss

I don’t understand the money system. When I get the 1 franc it doesn’t change, and it seems to be stay the same when I pay for stuff.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Oscar - 28 February 2016 02:45 PM

I don’t understand the money system. When I get the 1 franc it doesn’t change, and it seems to be stay the same when I pay for stuff.

im very early on but iv noticed the same thing. When paying the beggar or for the room rent my money number has not changed.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 28 February 2016 02:46 PM

im very early on but iv noticed the same thing. When paying the beggar or for the room rent my money number has not changed.

And after the bar fight shouldn’t we be out of money? It stays 25 all the time

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Normally I’m the one being seduced Kiss

It’s a bug with scummvm. Instead of deducting the money like it should, it just always shows the amount you start with.
It only affects the display so it’s not a huge issue. It’s fixed if you use the development version of scummvm (available here: http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html) but only if you start from the beginning…

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Hmmm. Well i just played with it some more and noticed if i take say 5 or 10 coins and try to give them to henri, i end up magically with more and more coins.
Ehh… might be worth restarting.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 28 February 2016 03:10 PM
zane - 28 February 2016 02:46 PM

And after the bar fight shouldn’t we be out of money? It stays 25 all the time

I already complained about that in the posts 24 and 35.
It’s so nice to know that nobody except Diego reads my posts.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I completely neglected it (just went with it as some sort of a bug), but I do hope there won’t be some dead ends because of it! (the game is originally with no dead-ends). If you have troubles with the money, for example buying the souvenir follow Karlok’s post. Now I can’t remember the exact use of the money in later stages of the game, but I think everything should be solvable by this method. Thanks giom and Zane for the info! Also, I just used the latest ScummVM build and managed to load the old game (you still have 25 francs, but the money is “spendable”) - that should be the way-around if we do meet some dead-ends.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top