• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #38: Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-02-25

PM

Full inbox, Diego.. Frown

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ooops, sorry. Clear now. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

Thanks to the download link provided by Diego I’ll be taking part in the playthrough. Very nice of Graham Lilley to make the game available to us.

I checked the game is running in ScummVM, talked to the murder victim and read the manual (found one online). I’m looking forward to exploring Rouen - so far the game looks like it’s going to be fun.

By the way, I can understand Zane’s remark about the game reminding of Discworld. Henri’s voice sounds to me quite similar to Eric Idle as Rincewind.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Kabouter… another Dutchie. Smile Welcome!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

kabouter - 25 February 2016 04:22 PM

Very nice of Graham Lilley to make the game available to us.

Thumbs Up Indeed!

kabouter - 25 February 2016 04:22 PM

By the way, I can understand Zane’s remark about the game reminding of Discworld. Henri’s voice sounds to me quite similar to Eric Idle as Rincewind.

Yeap, and there’re more than one similarities to Discworld, especially when it comes to the inventory (you carry a dead body in your inventory for crying out loud! Grin )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 25 February 2016 05:08 PM

Kabouter… another Dutchie. Smile Welcome!

I was just going to say the same thing! Tongue

I hope he/she’s Flemish, though. Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-02-26

PM

Hmm, never played this game, looks interesting. Still any passes left?

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2011-04-12

PM

rtrooney and others who have yet to install the game, it’s extremely easy to start the game, as I was pleasantly surprised to find out. You don’t even have to install anything to your SO, if you don’t intend to.

If you are using Windows, just download SCUMMVM from this link http://scummvm.org/frs/scummvm/1.7.0/scummvm-1.7.0-win32.zip and the game provided by the developer (or pop up your CD copy if you have one).

Then, unzip the file scummvm-1.7.0-win32.zip to somewhere in your harddrive, unzip the game zip file to a folder (or copy all of the CD content, I’m guessing).

Now, go to the scummvm folder, run Scummvm.exe, in the program, select “Add game” (I’m guessing it might appear in your OS language, at least it appear so on my system), select the game folder on the new window. Then, just click on “Start” and you should be watching the game’s intro real soon!

It’s going to be a blast playing this! The music and specially the voices (and the fact it’s been ages since I played it, of course) make this playthrough completely new to someone like me who had only played the disks version!

I was expecting Geofroi to sound a bit “frenchy” though!

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

Thanks for the welcome. I’m sorry to disappoint you TimovieMan, but I’m really Dutch…

I reached the map screen, though I have the feeling I have been missing things in Rouen so far. I haven’t solved two of the puzzles mentioned by Diego in his hints post, but apparently this game is non-linear enough to come back later and have a go.

TechnoSpike, I can understand why you expected a more French sound from the main character. However, I find it easier to listen to Geoffroi than to some of the fake French accents of other characters…

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just started playing in Scummvm - the game’s running okay except I can hear the music & sfx but no voicing which I’m guessing would be in German as I have English subtitles? Is there a setting I’ve missed?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

kabouter - 26 February 2016 04:23 PM

I reached the map screen, though I have the feeling I have been missing things in Rouen so far. I haven’t solved two of the puzzles mentioned by Diego in his hints post, but apparently this game is non-linear enough to come back later and have a go.

Yes. If you wish, you can always play around Rouen some more - as long as you don’t visit other cities!

chrissie - 27 February 2016 05:12 AM

I’ve just started playing in Scummvm - the game’s running okay except I can hear the music & sfx but no voicing which I’m guessing would be in German as I have English subtitles? Is there a setting I’ve missed?

Did you try right at the beginning to set ScummVM options - Text and Speech ON (under Audio)?

(or you can hit F5 during the game, and set “Text and voice”)

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The German release has the original English voices with German subtitles.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Henri just just put Peuple body inside the sack. Well, that was unexpected Grin

Having the “exit dialogue” in first option confuses me, I just keep hitting it… Adventure gamer automatims!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 27 February 2016 07:29 AM

The German release has the original English voices with German subtitles.

Many thanks diego!, yes I did set all the Scumm options but I’ve got a feeling that the version I installed, an additional English version disc included with the original German release sent to me by mart, is not intended to be voiced?!
Thanks Karlok, your post reminded me! I may install the German version too but meanwhile the game is working like a dream despite the lack of voicing & I’m loving the humour + artwork so far! 

wilco - 27 February 2016 07:42 AM

Having the “exit dialogue” in first option confuses me, I just keep hitting it… Adventure gamer automatims!

Yes, it doesn’t seem very logical but I’ve just about got my head around it now!  Smile

EDIT: Just got to the map screen to be able to travel to other places but I know there’s still a few things to do in Rouen!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just had a very enjoyable morning replaying from the beginning after fiddling around with the Scumm options more (thanks for the suggestions diego!) & at last to get voicing!  Thumbs Up (although I’d lost all my progress anyway!!!) I think I’ve redone everything & more in Rouen at the moment? unless there’s any way to help the witch? Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top