• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #38: Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m hoping to get stuck into the game on Friday! I’m busy with work the next few days & am keen to play a little more of Shadow of the Comet as & when I can!  Smile

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 23 February 2016 11:44 AM

Back in the 90s I played the floppy version, so no voices.

Geoffroi sounds a bit like Cary Elwes (of The Princess Bride/Robin Hood: Men in Tights fame) Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 23 February 2016 11:42 AM
rtrooney - 23 February 2016 11:24 AM

I downloaded the zip copy from the PM. Anyone have step-by-step instructions for setting it up on DOSbox?

Have you tried using Scummvm? (there’s no need to install the game, just load and play)

I’m a complete technical dunce Tim but I got the game working in Scummvm (which I’ve never tried before & might try some other games I’ve got with it too sometime!) & it did seem quite easy just bumbling through! My version is going to be interesting I think as it’s all English voicing but the subtitles are in German   Laughing

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

diego - 23 February 2016 11:42 AM
rtrooney - 23 February 2016 11:24 AM

I downloaded the zip copy from the PM. Anyone have step-by-step instructions for setting it up on DOSbox?

Have you tried using Scummvm? (there’s no need to install the game, just load and play)

No I have not, but chrissie’s post implies to me that’s the way I should go. Question: I run Win7-64bit. Both the Windows installer and the WinZip files are for 32bit systems. Will this be a problem? I would think not, because I am running a 32bit version of Office on my system without problem, but it never hursts to ask.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Nah no problem with running 32 bit programs in a 64 bit OS. It just means the program cant utilize as much ram, and thats not something you have to worry about with games from the 90s etc.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Just try ScummVM and see how it goes.

Anyone progressed a bit into the game?! You really have to get used to pixel-hunt some objects right at the start, and stiff animations, but I love the coziness of the town.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Aside from viewing the long intro, I haven’t started playing it yet.  (I did my taxes instead. Crazy )  I hope to get into it a bit tonight.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv played a little bit, and cozy is the right word Smile
It reminds me of discworld, very nice. And i like the way verbs seem to be included into specific clicks.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 23 February 2016 03:34 PM

Just try ScummVM and see how it goes.

I’m using ScummVM too for the English version (the one installed on my win96 computer is German-English) and it works fine. F5 for the menu.

Anyone progressed a bit into the game?! You really have to get used to pixel-hunt some objects right at the start, and stiff animations, but I love the coziness of the town.

Yep, I’m currently stuck with my captain, looking for a letter. I like being back in Rouen. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 23 February 2016 04:24 PM

Yep, I’m currently stuck with my captain, looking for a letter.

Yeah, me too. Tongue

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

We are supposed to have some hellacious weather coming through during the next 24-48 hours. Should be able to get the game installed and tested during that time. Depending on where the front comes through, the prediction is for as few as 8 inches of snow, or as much as 14 inches.

Some things will take priority. Like making sure the pantry staples and alcoholic consumables are well stocked before the snow starts to fly. Once that’s out of the way, the game has me at it’s mercy. There’s not much of anything else to do!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 February 2016 03:58 PM

Aside from viewing the long intro, I haven’t started playing it yet.  (I did my taxes instead. Crazy )  I hope to get into it a bit tonight.

I say you’re lucky that you can start work on taxes. Used to be that the investment house would start sending out 1099s on January 31. Then corrections would come about every ten days, until the finals came out on or about March 15. Apparently they got permission from the Feds to wait until the final corrections before sending the whole thing out on March 15th. Means we only have a month to deal with the accountant.

Ides of March, closely followed by one of my favorite days of the year.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Installed and saw the intro, game plays fine. Looks promising.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I may have hit a bug, not sure. I can’t buy the souvenir with the franc I got from the bedroom in the inn. Something else I’m not sure about: DEAD ENDS! Huuuuu! Diego, do you remember if there are any? I think I messed up with Juliette by going too fast for her liking and now I can’t get back up the balcony to search her room for stuff I need. I do remember I need an object from her room. Rats. I guess I have to replay parts. Frown

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 23 February 2016 07:47 PM

I may have hit a bug, not sure. I can’t buy the souvenir with the franc I got from the bedroom in the inn.

Thanks for reminding me to look at the floor of the room! Tongue Actually, the franc doesn’t show in my inventory, but I can buy the cathedral! Have you tried buying it with a right click/buy after you picked up a franc?!

Karlok - 23 February 2016 07:47 PM

Something else I’m not sure about: DEAD ENDS! Huuuuu! Diego, do you remember if there are any? I think I messed up with Juliette by going too fast for her liking and now I can’t get back up the balcony to search her room for stuff I need. I do remember I need an object from her room. Rats. I guess I have to replay parts. Frown

No, I’m fairly positive there are no dead-ends. What you’re experienced is simply some on the game’s “non-linearities”. You can enter Juliette’s room again, but not like the first time.[/spoiler]

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top