• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #35: Syberia 2

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

Ok I´m up to speed now.
Got stuck trying to solve the radio puzzle with the ejection seat solution- so got two for one when I figured that out… Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Oh, yea - time to play my favorite section of this game. Heck, it is even one of the best parts of any adventure game period.

The only problem I have with the next section is we lose one of the most beloved characters in adventure game history. It was very sad the first time I played this game and it will be sad this time too,

See you all at the Penguins.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I’ve been playing the new part for a few hours now and I have been stuck trying to

get through the drums. I visited every scene, and I possess a fish bone and a slingshot.

Any help would be appreciated. Just give me a small hint, and not the whole solution Smile

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

SoccerDude28 - 08 September 2015 02:13 AM

I’ve been playing the new part for a few hours now and I have been stuck trying to

get through the drums. I visited every scene, and I possess a fish bone and a slingshot.

Any help would be appreciated. Just give me a small hint, and not the whole solution Smile

A very small hint:

At the drums look up

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

After many days, I finally managed to find some time to continue the playthrough. Still, it didn’t took me much time to leave the monastery, succesfully fish an orange salmon on just my second try (and I found the note about fishing only after I caught the salmon), survive the Syberian tundra and find the Yukol village!! Yay!!! Smile
The difficulty rised a bit and that was more than welcome. Also, it was nice to see Boris again. I wonder how is he going to survive alone in the forest. He will spent the rest of his days fishing in the hut I suppose…..Tongue

However I admit that the game’s quality as a whole is steadily declining in my eyes (exactly as I remembered from my first playthrough). I think it is mostly due to the fact that for me the entire “soul” of Syberia, its “magic” if I may say so, was the automatons. Now that the game had switched to a more natural environment I feel it lost much of its magic… Meh

EDIT: And this chapter is really why I hate, hate, hate Hans…

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Sefir - 08 September 2015 09:58 AM

Also, it was nice to see Boris again. I wonder how is he going to survive alone in the forest. He will spent the rest of his days fishing in the hut I suppose…..Tongue

Remember the article in the newspaper?
His space flight didn’t go unnoticed, so I expect that it won’t take long before some men in black suits, will track down his location and “rescue” him.

Sefir - 08 September 2015 09:58 AM

However I admit that the game’s quality as a whole is steadily declining in my eyes (exactly as I remembered from my first playthrough). I think it is mostly due to the fact that for me the entire “soul” of Syberia, its “magic” if I may say so, was the automatons. Now that the game had switched to a more natural environment I feel it lost much of its magic… Meh

I agree that Syberia 2 is overall not as good as the first game, but this part in the Youkol village imo compensates for that, and is one of the best parts of the series.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The two extra days are helping - I’ve reached the fanservice Youkol village.

I didn’t have any trouble with the fishing puzzle, I had read the book excerpt just a few minutes beforehand, and caught the fish on my second try.
The radio puzzle was harder, it took a good amount of trial-and-error to get the frequency (is there an actual logic to it?), and after that it was pretty obvious.

In fact, what gave me the most trouble in this section was the snowy section, because I had missed the second hotspot on the snow mobile. Once I found that, it was a short trip to the village.

I loved how the youki kept popping out its head when you walked between both screens of the train in the forest. It really wants to be in our company. Tongue

Oh, and the New York scenes are getting more and more ridiculous. So the law firm is not looking for us for their sake, but for our mother’s. Our mother, who has been in contact with us throughout and should know better than the law firm that it’s not their fault we’re in the snowy void of Siberia but our own decision.
It keeps feeling shoehorned in, and that feeling’s getting worse… Meh

Edit: I just want to add that I loved the music in the forest section. Cool

And that I have a russian doll and a fishbone in my inventory that both seemed like missable/skippable items. Are they needed? And if so, what if I hadn’t picked them up??? Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Jabod - 08 September 2015 08:29 AM
SoccerDude28 - 08 September 2015 02:13 AM

A very small hint:

At the drums look up

Thanks for the hint Smile Another one of those pesky hotspots Frown
Anyway I progressed much further now and I agree with Izno that this section is beautiful. I took a lot of screenshots to share with you guys.

I have played Syberia 2 about 10 years ago but I completely forgot that:
Oscar dies. How sad!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Yes, the automatons made Syberia 1 a truely amazing game - and yes, now in Syberia 2 we are not getting any of that magic any longer.

However, this adventure feels very different from Syberia 1 and not a rehash - it does stand on its own as an adventure game and for that enjoy I Syberia 2 as much as 1 actually.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 08 September 2015 05:30 PM

And that I have a russian doll and a fishbone in my inventory that both seemed like missable/skippable items. Are they needed? And if so, what if I hadn’t picked them up??? Gasp

I just checked, and I forgot to pick up the fishbone!
I am however fairly certain that I will get a chance to pick up another in this part. As for the doll, I don’t know, but I’m 100% sure that there aren’t any dead ends!

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 09 September 2015 10:46 AM
TimovieMan - 08 September 2015 05:30 PM

I just checked, and I forgot to pick up the fishbone!
I am however fairly certain that I will get a chance to pick up another in this part.

Look at the Yukol Village, next to the Yuki

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sorry I haven’t been around. BIG computer problems. Am using a cheap laptop that I had to buy just so I had internet access. Definitely plan on finishing the game, but doubt I will be able to do so as part of the AGCPT. Computer is in the shop and will be there for at least a week.

Laptop I’m typing this on really isn’t up to S2-level gaming. Have fun.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I think it should be safe to post some extra (spolish) screenshorts from part 3 now:

The forest.

The white owl - Perhaps it has some significance?

Cantin is on the case.

The “Hut”, though to me it looks more like a luxurious summer house than an actual hut.

On my first playthrough I nearly got a heart-attack here.

Doing some fishing - if nothing else we can always feed the Youki.

A fastidious bear Grin

Time for some Indiana Jones-ing Grin

The White Owl - Again!

Boris to the rescue Grin

Talk about one in a million chances, he could have (crash)landed anywhere in Siberia at any given moment, but he just happens to crash right here at the most opportune moment.

Some more Indiana Jones-ing Grin

Why do I get the feeling that a Manhattan detective, might not have been the best choice for this particular job?

Our old friend Boris.

Some trial & error Meh

Some inventive use of an ejector seat Grin My favourite scene from this part of the CPT.
In real life, it would most likely have killed her, but this is not real life.

Safe back on the ground again.

That is why a Manhattan detective is not the best choice for the job!

What a surprise, Oscar is as useful as ever.

Back on the road track again.

A snow hare, one of those small details I love.

End of the line.

Perhaps Oscar will finally be of some use, and actually help Kate instead of just being a constant roadblock!

The white owl, once again.

Yeah, I know I already posted this before, but ...

P.S. Once again sorry for the massive amount of screenshots, but the sheer amount of different scenes in this game, is simply so much larger than in most other adventure games, and they all look beautiful.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

rtrooney - 09 September 2015 12:21 PM

Sorry I haven’t been around. BIG computer problems. Am using a cheap laptop that I had to buy just so I had internet access. Definitely plan on finishing the game, but doubt I will be able to do so as part of the AGCPT. Computer is in the shop and will be there for at least a week.

I’m sorry to hear that, but I hope that you can still remember enough from your original playthrough to participate in the discussions.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

A late session last night, and I have now reached the penguins. This section was a lot of fun and a little sad with the death of Oscar.. The flashback was a nice reminded of what happened in the first game. I took a few (play this caption) screenshots, but I will post them once folks finish this section as not to spoil anything.

Iznogood - 09 September 2015 12:50 PM

P.S. Once again sorry for the massive amount of screenshots, but the sheer amount of different scenes in this game, is simply so much larger than in most other adventure games, and they all look beautiful.

I completely agree, Syberia and this one still hold as 2 of the most beautiful adventure games ever. The quality of the art is top notch.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top