• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGSOTD

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

After December I’ll stop posting at Thursdays scene of the day so if someone wants to take over next year… although if someone wants to post there are plenty of empty days.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Can’t say I blame you for pulling the plug. I’m fairly sure I won’t be re-upping for a third year when the end of June rolls around. My level of enthusiasm has dropped dramatically of late.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I lost my most beautiful baby girl today.

I think I am due for the next AGSOTD on 12/30. Can somebody, chrissie, cluelass, Becky, cover for me?

Just not into thinking about this stuff right now.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

So sorry, Tim. I’ll cover for you on 12/30.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m sorry to hear about your pup, Tim.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It’s been a very rough day. Little things, as simple as the time of day, trigger memories and sadness. It’s 11:00, so it’s time for the lunchtime treat. 5:00 is dinner time. Open the refrigerator door, and see the can of dog food. We’ve been through this before. Seven times, in fact. I know I will survive. But it never gets easier.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

No, it never does.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

What on earth is going on with AGSOTD? I’ve just checked the last 5 pages and scenes are only being posted on Friday and Saturday. Do we need a new roster?

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

My one-year anniversary date for the Saturday scenes is coming up mid-April, and I won’t be continuing beyond that.  What do you think about switching to the adventure game scene of the week and rotating the task based on who signs up?

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oscar - 25 March 2017 12:21 PM

What on earth is going on with AGSOTD? I’ve just checked the last 5 pages and scenes are only being posted on Friday and Saturday. Do we need a new roster?

Well Advie was due to post this month on Wednesdays but sorry Advie I got fed-up reminding you!  Pan

Lady Kestrel - 25 March 2017 12:37 PM

My one-year anniversary date for the Saturday scenes is coming up mid-April, and I won’t be continuing beyond that.  What do you think about switching to the adventure game scene of the week and rotating the task based on who signs up?

I maybe able to contribute to more days than just the one after May but there might be newer members that might like to participate?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

My every-other-week “contract” ends in June. I thank Oscar for spitting the duty with me this past year. But it’s been two years of doing this, and I have to admit that I’m getting a little worn out. I would like to see the Casual Friday theme continue, and I wouldn’t complain if somebody volunteers to take it over.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

chrissie - 25 March 2017 01:00 PM

I maybe able to contribute to more days than just the one after May but there might be newer members that might like to participate?

That’s the problem - where are the newer members? I hate to say it but over the last year or so the forum has become a kind of veteran’s hangout place. Whenever newcomers do show up, they either disappear or post all too infrequently.

It is all very odd, when adventure games are experiencing this renaissance and the fans are absent. I see many more developers posting but very few fans.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

You are absolutely correct. There are the “veterans” as you call them. There are the developers promoting their games. (Which is not a bad thing. I just bought Viktor based on that thread. Can’t wait to start playing it tomorrow.) And there are some new participants who make cogent comments, but seem to disappear after their 3rd post.

I don’t know what to make of this situation. Of more concern than the fate of the AGSOTD thread is the fate of the forum, itself. Because I think they are intertwined.

If this is just the same forty-odd people arguing with each other about game nuances that have been argued to death before, (And, yes, this applies to Advie’s most recent post about what do we like/don’t like.) Then I wonder where the forum is going.

Every business needs to reinvent itself occasionally. If only to remain fresh. I though that was one of the reasons for the corporate changeover at AG. Other than the masthead logo, I’ve not seen much change.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 25 March 2017 01:37 PM

That’s the problem - where are the newer members? I hate to say it but over the last year or so the forum has become a kind of veteran’s hangout place. Whenever newcomers do show up, they either disappear or post all too infrequently.

It is all very odd, when adventure games are experiencing this renaissance and the fans are absent. I see many more developers posting but very few fans.

The same goes for other small forums, like gameboomers, just adventure, adventure treff. The fans can be found at the really big sites like reddit or at specific Steam/GOG discussions. It’s just like the nineties, when we first had Usenet and then we got forums. When I fell seriously in love with the Witness, I went to reddit to read the enormous number of interesting discussions. Adventuregamers can certainly continue to offer something unique (staff/gamer reviews of bothe recent and older games, background articles, etc) but it can never compete with that.

rtrooney - 25 March 2017 09:15 PM

I don’t know what to make of this situation. Of more concern than the fate of the AGSOTD thread is the fate of the forum, itself. Because I think they are intertwined.

The daily AGSotD threads have been going on for 4 or even 5 years. Maybe it’s time for something new. I don’t see why the future of the forum has anything to do with that.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oscar - 25 March 2017 12:21 PM

I don’t know about a roster but certainly is there anyone out there that would like to commit to posting just one screenshot a week for either at least a limited time or as long as you want?

Having had a thought about this a screenshot from the latest game released springs to mind from whoever has just played & would like to post? EDIT: As a Game of the Week aside from day ones others may post?

If this is just the same forty-odd people arguing with each other about game nuances that have been argued to death before, (And, yes, this applies to Advie’s most recent post about what do we like/don’t like.) Then I wonder where the forum is going.

I watch films, read books, like art, listen to music etc & have friends to share those interests with but alas no-one to share my passion of games with. This is why I subscribe to this forum so ‘40 +’ people to argue/talk to? about games on this site is 40 + more than I would know otherwise! Cry 

Every business needs to reinvent itself occasionally. If only to remain fresh. I though that was one of the reasons for the corporate changeover at AG. Other than the masthead logo, I’ve not seen much change.

Do you mean like the change in JA & I’m sorry to have to mention GB also where the forums are now filled up with mods announcing new games with very few threads generated by members for discussion – at least here new game announcements are separated & there IS still some discussion!

Karlok - 25 March 2017 09:21 PM

.... When I fell seriously in love with the Witness, I went to reddit to read the enormous number of interesting discussions. Adventuregamers can certainly continue to offer something unique (staff/gamer reviews of bothe recent and older games, background articles, etc) but it can never compete with that.

That’s interesting - why couldn’t players playing the Witness be lured here for a discussion?  Mmm…... how search engines work maybe?...... so we could have game discussions here about any AG luring in all who are interested…........just a thought!

Karlok - 25 March 2017 09:21 PM

The daily AGSotD threads have been going on for 4 or even 5 years. Maybe it’s time for something new. I don’t see why the future of the forum has anything to do with that.

I have to agree with Karlok here that the future of the forums really doesn’t rest on AGSotD but re that if it’s time for something new what is it? & if there is something new why can’t it be as well as? .....trailer of the day!
Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top