• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGSOTD

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 27 March 2017 08:44 AM

AG forums have to offer something unique, like the playthroughs and quizzes. But I’m afraid not many people are interested in that.

Maybe not, but particularly for the playthroughs non-members here just don’t know about them! I can’t help thinking that they could possibly attract more players if they were ‘advertised’?
Also there are game discussions here (albeit limited) but you won’t find AG mentioned for that in a search engine which as already stated I don’t know how that would work. Does a thread have to be entitled ‘Game’ Discussion or does it have to be generated?

On the subject of AGSotD - I don’t know why you should feel so bad diego & Intense Degree about giving up, it really shouldn’t be a chore! & RL is more important!!.......but I did very much enjoy your screenshots + ‘blurb’ as & when they happened! Thumbs Up

Anyway I’m planning to post one day a week in April (if no-one objects) to just conclude Iznogood’s inspired seasonal theme (possibly on a Monday}. After that it depends on my work schedule but I’m looking to contribute 2 days a week for as long as the ideas flow!    Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

two words about this AGSOTD current state “who cares”

either find a new idea to keep it going or someone who is willing work it hard and differently in a way that his/her work is showing as much as it shows in a review.

we should not repeat what we hate about games sequels here, if a sequel is not going to add or keep up the same goodness of the original then it should not be done.

remember what True Detective sequel did to the title by taking outta it’s rating when it was 9.3 and after the sequel it was reduced to 9.1, that what should not happen anymore, its enough two years of trying to hold on to it until it became tracked mostly by those who are making it, if it can not bring in anonymous readers then there is sumthing greatly wrong with it.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 28 March 2017 10:28 AM

two words about this AGSOTD current state “who cares”

either find a new idea to keep it going or someone who is willing work it hard and differently in a way that his/her work is showing as much as it shows in a review.

AGSotD screenshots are posted by members who may not necessarily have the time to put that amount of work into what you are suggesting & what for?
There’s no need for a screenshot to be accompanied by a review as there’s plenty of those to be found written by professional reviewers but what’s nice about the few words a poster may say about their personal experience of a game can sometimes override the thoughts of a reviewer to tempt you to play.

It’s interesting that you’re another person who thinks that there needs to be a new idea & another person who’s passing the buck onto someone else to think it up but meanwhile criticising!

As far as I’m concerned you can’t get more basic than posting a screenshot of a game & saying a few words about it - it is what it is & if anyone thinks that you can make this idea ‘newer’ I’m all ears!  Smile

BTW It’s obvious you don’t care as you’ve missed your Wednesday slot for most of the month but there’s still tomorrow?  Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 28 March 2017 11:46 AM

BTW It’s obvious you don’t care as you’ve missed your Wednesday slot for most of the month but there’s still tomorrow?  Smile

who cares chrissie, who?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, the most important person who needs to care is you. And if you don’t care, it makes little difference what anyone else thinks.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

be real, fuck this big talk

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 28 March 2017 11:46 AM

There’s no need for a screenshot to be accompanied by a review as there’s plenty of those to be found written by professional reviewers but what’s nice about the few words a poster may say about their personal experience of a game can sometimes override the thoughts of a reviewer to tempt you to play.

If all it took was posting a screenshot, giving the game’s title, and writing a blurb about what platform it plays on and what the system requirements are, sign me up for another year. Heck! You don’t even need to have played the game to do that.

This is not a self-congratulatory post, because I gave the same information to cluelass a while back when she was thinking of contributing to the AGSOTD thread. 1.) I would never post a game I hadn’t played. Even if I hadn’t played it recently. 2.) I would never post a game without a review and background story. It’s not going to be a “professional” review, but, to me, it’s critically important because I’m talking about a genre within the AG community that most people have never played. 3.) Keeping track of games, coming up with new games, and writing a review is hard work As you, Karlok, Bastich and Kuru well know.

Sometimes a post will get 150 views and only a few replies. I’m OK with that. Sometimes a post will get 500 plus views, and I get excited about that. Even though,
by now , everyone should know that Casual Friday is devoted to casual games, that means, or at least I think it means that people who don’t regularly play casual games are looking in to see what’s going on. I think that’s the objective.

I look forward to seeing whether any new people volunteer. They don’t need to carry the load. They just need to help load the cart.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Advie - 28 March 2017 07:08 PM

As always, taking the high road.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

rtrooney - 28 March 2017 07:32 PM
Advie - 28 March 2017 07:08 PM

As always, taking the high road.

yea .. its me still Wink

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Come on advie, you have enough time for posting jokes so one AGSOTD a week isn’t too much to ask.

Besides I enjoyed your relationships series, and you still haven’t done Freddy and Penelope.  Heart

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

if anyone asked me anything i d never hesitate deliver it..

lets see how this is gonna end up.. but tomorrow will be difficult anyhow.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Advie - 28 March 2017 08:22 PM

but tomorrow will be difficult anyhow.

Well we know how that turned out.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomorrow was wedsnday Tim.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, the 29th was Wednesday. And you didn’t post. Let’s not belabor this. You have no desire to post anymore. Fine by me. If there is an apology owed, it is to chrissie.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 31 March 2017 09:18 PM

Well, the 29th was Wednesday. And you didn’t post. Let’s not belabor this. You have no desire to post anymore. Fine by me. If there is an apology owed, it is to chrissie.

If someone doesn’t want to post so be it but there’s no apology needed to me just to say!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top