• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGSOTD

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Hey. Not a regular poster here (but a regular lurker). Just wanna say that I love the idea.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I love the idea Karlok & hope to participate in the near future.

Lady Kestrel - 10 May 2017 12:37 PM

I would definitely participate.  In fact, I’d be will to start things off this Sunday or Monday and see how it goes.  If the theme strikes people’s fancy, then they can jump in with their own examples.  If not, that’s okay, too.

I’ve got a lot of worrying RL stuff to sort out this month which hopefully if resolved I’ll be free to jump in perhaps on a couple of days each week!  Smile

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I like the idea of the AGTotW. It might be interesting. Let’s say I’m in.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Make it (magnificent) ten.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 10 May 2017 02:47 PM
chrissie - 10 May 2017 02:15 PM

I’ve got a lot of worrying RL stuff to sort out this month which hopefully if resolved I’ll be free to jump in perhaps on a couple of days each weekSmile

Eh… the idea is one theme a week.

Yes! But I was more thinking of adding to the theme of the week during that week e.g. if Lady kestrel starts off at the beginning of it with an idea it can be added to by the end of the week? (If that makes sense?)
Aah! but were you more thinking of adding additional games to the one thread?

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Chrissie,
I was thinking that anyone participating would just add to the existing thread.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 10 May 2017 03:04 PM

Chrissie,

I just had a think about that with the conclusion that it’s probably a better idea in that it’s more free!  Smile

So we need to decide who’s going to set the theme each week & on what day they want to post? Or, is just the one member going to decide perhaps with suggestions (PMed possibly?)  Smile

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Karlok - 10 May 2017 02:47 PM

(loving the idea = participating?)

Would gladly participate if there aren’t any other volunteers. I’m just not really confident about my knowledge compared to some of the walking dictionaries in this forum Smile

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Lady Kestrel - 10 May 2017 03:04 PM

Chrissie,

Probably better to do one thread per week/theme?
Just because a thread could spark discussion that last more than one week and we don’t want it to cannibalise the discussion of the next week’s theme or am I being too optimistic?

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I guess we need to find a consensus. Me, I think a continuous thread is the best bet. The first TotW appears on Wednesday. Or whatever day the first post appears. And then every succeeding Wednesday a new post with a new Theme is appended to the first post. And so it goes.

The only problem is scheduling. Somebody has to be in charge of it. Otherwise Lady K does her first post a week from today and two weeks from today the other ten-fifteen people do a post. And then we don’t see another post for two months. Don’t think that’s what Karlok has in mind.

While I volunteered to do a post, I won’t be doing one until I’ve finished my commitment to the AGSotD, which ends at the end of June. So whomever wants to do the scheduling, schedule me in sometime in July.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

rtrooney - 11 May 2017 12:21 AM

I guess we need to find a consensus. Me, I think a continuous thread is the best bet. The first TotW appears on Wednesday. Or whatever day the first post appears. And then every succeeding Wednesday a new post with a new Theme is appended to the first post. And so it goes.

I fully agree with giom (and myself from 5 years ago) on this: one thread per Theme of the Week is cleaner—and will probably attract more attention than one giant, shapeless thread that will scare newcomers away.

The only problem is scheduling. Somebody has to be in charge of it. Otherwise Lady K does her first post a week from today and two weeks from today the other ten-fifteen people do a post. And then we don’t see another post for two months. Don’t think that’s what Karlok has in mind.

Agreed. We don’t necessarily need to plan things 3 months in advance, but at least a few weeks. So Lady Kestrel is around the 15th. The 22nd is not great for me, but I guess I can take the 29th if nobody else wants it. If we can find a volunteer for the 22nd, that should be enough to at least get us started.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 11 May 2017 05:02 AM

EDIT: I suggest we start an AGTOTW thread to keep track of who posts when.

Go for it. I can take over 22nd May or any of the first weeks in June. End of June/July might be more difficult

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I can do end of June or beginning July.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top