• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AGSOTD

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

chrissie - 28 March 2017 10:04 AM

Anyway I’m planning to post one day a week in April (if no-one objects) to just conclude Iznogood’s inspired seasonal theme (possibly on a Monday}. After that it depends on my work schedule but I’m looking to contribute 2 days a week for as long as the ideas flow!    Smile

Sorry, no inspiration until next week?/next month!  Smile

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

rtrooney - 25 March 2017 09:15 PM

Every business needs to reinvent itself occasionally. If only to remain fresh. I though that was one of the reasons for the corporate changeover at AG. Other than the masthead logo, I’ve not seen much change.

Well, it looks like we’re down to one AGSOTD a week (Friday). And since your Casual series is a lot more popular than my Maps series, I think it might be time for me to pass the torch (or extinguish it).

And with people leaving the forum more and more, if I’m honest, I think Marek got out at the right time. There’s no future for communities like this. Sad, but true.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Oscar, don’t despair, there are new people coming to the forum too… See that thread on games that takes people on a journey… I think that there are ups and downs in term of activity and we’re just in a bit of a slump…

I wouldn’t mind to post from time to time for AGSOTD but the problem is that I usually don’t have a clear view of my schedule beyond the next 3-4 weeks and so it’s hard for me to commit to something that happens every week (especially if I want to do it right).

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Oscar - 15 April 2017 08:40 AM

Well, it looks like we’re down to one AGSOTD a week (Friday). And since your Casual series is a lot more popular than my Maps series, I think it might be time for me to pass the torch (or extinguish it).

That would likely extinguish the concept entirely. I can’t see a rationale for my posting an AGSOTDEOW. (Adventure Game Scene of the Day Every Other Week.) Posting through the end of June is only six more posts, so I’ll hang around for that. After that, it’s anyone’s guess.

And I dispute the idea the Casual Friday posts are more popular. Now that there are only the two of us posting, it’s a toss up.

Edit: Maybe you would think of sticking it out with me until the end of June. Would only be six more posts for you, too. We could flame out together.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Seeing as we’ve had a minor flood of new users, I was wondering if any of them would consider posting one day a week? It would be good to have a new perspective.

I know it’s hard to even recognize AGSOTD as a “thing” anymore, but we used to have one every day believe it or not.

Post here if you’re interested. The role has its privileges. Free… erm… cookies? Smile

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Trouble is I don’t know if all these “newcomers” even know what the AGSOTD is. or how long it has been going on. They should be directed to the very beginning of this thread, and be forced to read it right through to the end. And then read TimovieMan’s thread about the history of the thread.

I encourage, as do you, any new participant to consider contributing to the thread.

I’ve got my post ready for tomorrow. Could be wrong, but I think there are three more to go for the both of us.

It’s been you and me on Friday for quite some time. I hope somebody will step up. Otherwise it has been a great run.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Correction: I think we both have four left. I suggest we both gut it out, and hope somebody new will appear to carry on the tradition.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 09 May 2017 04:51 AM

Just brainstorming.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea. But 13 people… so, basically all of the regular posters on the forums would have to sign up?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I would be up for joining

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Once every three month? Count me in. My problem with committing to the AGSOTD is that I can’t predict when a project will come up so it’s hard to commit once a week but every 3 months, I definitely have the time to prepare something in that time frame.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 09 May 2017 04:51 AM

We already discuss all those things! I can hear you cry. True, but an overview or in-depth “mini-essay” with pics would get more comments IMO. It would certainly be more work for the AGTotW poster than the current AGSotD practice. I’d be willing to post one AGTotW every 3 months, so 13 people might be enough?

Just brainstorming.

I’m not going to say we already do those things, because we don’t. At least not in the detail you propose. But when the latest incarnation of AGSOTD was in it’s heyday, I think that the kind of exposition on posted screens was quite common. Now that it is just Oscar and me….well, at least I am just trying to get through to the end.

I think your proposal is great. Although I agree with Oscar that the 13 contributors needed to accomplish the task includes most of the “regular” posters. I know I might miss a few, but the “regulars” I can name off the top of my head include You, Becky, Oscar, Wilco, Giom, Kuru, Diego, Dara100, Crabapple, furgotten, Advie, chrissie, Lady K TimovieMan and me.

That’s 15 people. And if I missed someone who would like to join, feel free to add you name to the list.

Karlok, since you proposed this, and I like it, would you be willing to write an example of what the new AGTotW would look like? I’ll probably be all in as one of the 13. But I would really like to know how you see this.

No rush. We have until the end of June before Oscar and I turn in our AGSotD badges.

Edit: If you actually do a sample, maybe it would be best to PM it to everyone. That way we will know what you are looking for, but it can still be the first post of the new series without anyone else knowing the content..

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I would definitely participate.  In fact, I’d be willing to start things off this Sunday or Monday and see how it goes.  If the theme strikes people’s fancy, then they can jump in with their own examples.  If not, that’s okay, too.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top