• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Awesome prizes again!

Some of those bar signs are hilarious!
“There is no sobriety. ONLY ZUUL!” Grin

And I liked the poem:
Roses are red
Beer is great
Poems are hard
BEER!

Reminds me of one I’ve used in the past:
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I hate rhyming
Penis!

Depending on the crowd, you can replace that last word with ‘zebra’... Smile

I think this guy likes to go to those bars:

That astronaut uniform will come in handy when I go watch Interstellar in theater later this year. Cool

And I really hope that Ninja Dog will get along with my Ninja Cat…

Do I need to get my own shuriken for that ninja uniform or are they included?

Since my ninja skillz are poor, I can always send Karma after my foes. Cool

That star map is great to find those constellations! Although I usually just stare at Orion in the winter night sky. Smile

Armenoville sounds incredibly yummy!

Thanks for the amazing prizes!!! Thumbs Up

And thanks to everyone for the great captions! It was a really good round!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Sefir for another set of challenging pics to make of them what you will!!

With so many funny captions I was surprised & honoured to be a winner - I loved the prize of the best bar signs & showed them to a friend earlier, also the astronauts costume which I will keep for the future as I wasn’t thinking of going quite that far for my holiday this year.

I loved all of the captions but especially Dag’s Red Rocket (after I clicked on the link) & diego’s ...need to know how a helmet is made, also lots of others! I love this thread!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

OK, so I know I said I wasn’t going to host another one of these but … well … y’know! (and the thread has fallen down to about page 5 - for shame all of us!)

So here we go for:

Caption Contest 39: Tall Tales Told by TellTale!

All screens from the Telltale back catalogue, including; BTTF, CSI Fatal Conspiracy, Jurassic Park, Puzzle Agent, Wallace & Gromit and The Wolf Among Us.

So… GET CAPTIONING!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Intense Degree - 24 February 2014 11:20 AM

Marty sees a chance to escape when he gleans from the lady’s sign language that the new guards can’t see a thing because they’re wearing their helmets back-to-front.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

1955 farmer woman: “Hey Jim, two cops from outer space are kidnapping this lifeguard here!”

Captain Brass: “The way he sits there, obviously he died of a broken neck.”
Sara Sidle: “Right, and because he’s alone here, it’s obviously a suicide!”
Captain Brass: “Self-shot too, with this camera aimed at him. Well, that’s an easily wrapped case! Who wants donuts?”

Soldier: “If its vision is based on movement, I can lure it away with this flare!”
Scientist: “Or you could just, you know, STAND STILL!”

How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Part I: Kidnapping the Christmas Elves

Policeman: “Alright, here’s the deal: no barking and no clapping with your ears, hear me?”

Big guy: “She’s crazy! And she’s got an axe! We’ve got to outrun her!!!”
Bigby Wolf: “No, *I* just have to outrun *you*...”

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

“This new idea of a maze relay race sure is crap - I’ve been running with this baton for hours”. Meanwhile the desperate Olympic aides try to fathom out the route.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ooh ,God forbid !

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Marty: “Wait, the intertemporal what?
Woman: “Fashion Police. I’m sorry young man but I’m just doing my job and wearing pirate sleeves with a ski vest and skintight jeans contravenes countless fashion laws, not to mention bad taste. Take him away boys!”

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If you had neighbours like Oscar, you would be grouchy too.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

TimovieMan - 25 January 2014 03:36 AM

I think this guy likes to go to those bars:

Hey! I’ve met this guy on my first visit to San Francisco. In fact one of the nicest hobos I’ve ever met. A true representation of the old San Francisco vibe. Had a chat on several occasions. Funded some of his research too. (He’ll even take foreign coinage). You can probably still find him somewhere around Union Square (depending on how well his research went).

Ah, good times!

Thanks for the memory Timovieman.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold

A few hours later

He was last seen in an argument with what the witness describes as a bunch of dwarfs, a tall man with a pointy hat and a beard, and a little barefooted guy with big hairy feet?!?

Apparently the argument was about his obsession with gold, and not being able to shut up for just a few seconds!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

RUN! RUN for you life! She’s gone completely ballistic!

OMG! Did you just see that!
That is just sick!

Based on the footprints outside, it looks like he has been chased over a long distance, until he finally collapsed of exhaustion and his attacker or attackers caught up with him.

We will have to wait for the coroners report for the exact cause of death, but it looks like a large blunt instrument was forced *bleep* *bleep* causing the *bleep* *bleep* *bleep* then *bleep* *bleep* .... and it seems like it was all taped.

How the hell does the inspector expect us to find any clues here in the sewer, when all we get is this stupid flare and a blueprint. The CSI guys get all the cool stuff.
(Perhaps I shouldn’t have fooled around with his wife at the Christmas party)
*sigh*

Okay cough up guys!
And don’t try that cute puppy routine with me!
Nothing goes down in this city, without you two are somehow involved.

There is no point denying it Mr. McFly, your DNA was found all over the victim!
But ...
Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Suffice to say, the Olympics opening ceremony in which a marine who was supposed to exit the sewers and enter the stadium finished in a household cellar, was a complete disaster.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Instead of beating each other to death, the modern Sicilian way of resolving a love triangle had two men racing backwards for a girl.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

The “hang your phone on the back of your coat” accessory finally came to market for the XXX size cellphones as well.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top