• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 04 January 2015 03:44 PM

Rock Bros are reminding me of Murray from Monkey Island - funny stuff

That scene has one of the most “out-of-the-box” puzzles in the game. Grin Speaking of that scene:

a character quiz I made earlier. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished the chapter. Very enjoyable so far. Really like most of the possible item combinations have a specific remark. Even if you try some meaningless too many times like trying to get the jar of eyes from the shelf at one point Sadwick just says “I can’t get there. Thank you for keeping reminding me that”  or something like that Grin

I got the stuck in the clock puzzle for some time and ended up solving some other stuff without knowing why…  like answering the Rock Bros riddle by luck or scaring the brother without any reason. Smile

Plot point - why did the game made lie to the Oracle, I didn’t want to do that Neutral

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 05 January 2015 04:25 AM

I finished the chapter. Very enjoyable so far. Really like most of the possible item combinations have a specific remark. Even if you try some meaningless too many times like trying to get the jar of eyes from the shelf at one point Sadwick just says “I can’t get there. Thank you for keeping reminding me that”  or something like that Grin

You are quick. Btw, which voice acting language did you chose?

My favorite comments come when trying to combine items with the soup or with Spot (especially the one combining the teeth with Spot!  Naughty )

Hey!! That gives me an idea!! Listen everyone!!! When you finish each chapter, post your favorite quote/comment/remark!!!

wilco - 05 January 2015 04:25 AM

Plot point - why did the game made lie to the Oracle, I didn’t want to do that Neutral

Well, Sadwick obiously wanted to! Tongue
Or possibly, he was more than afraid to tell the truth. Especially after Spot swallowed the whispering stone.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sefir - 05 January 2015 05:04 AM

Wanted to get it done while I have time. It was a well spent evening.
Chose German, I don’t understand a lot but it sounds better.

Sefir - 05 January 2015 05:04 AM

My favorite comments come when trying to combine items with the soup or with Spot (especially the one combining the teeth with Spot!  Naughty )

Always using every item on Spot is a good way to get the funniest remarks. “Go get the ball, Spot” Smile

My favorite NPC so far was grandpa. I’ll miss him now and his pants stories.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Finished Chapter 1. There were two puzzles I didn’t really understand, although I managed without a walkthrough: the clock puzzle - the rock bros told me to set it to 12.30 which I did, and nothing happened anyway. Then I clicked the “x” in the top corner which apparently solves the puzzle for me. I won’t do that again. The other puzzle was using water Spot with the eye monster to light up the cave. I actually did that by accident meaning to use fiery Spot (which would have made sense).

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’m finding Spot a charming sidekick it’s still too soon for me too see how of an impact he’ll have. I’m guessing he’ll have multiple forms and I’m liking the puzzles.
Rock Bros are reminding me of Murray from Monkey Island - funny stuff.

I completely agree - Spot makes the game - a very strange but interesting sidekick.

A great game to start the year with. My PC Netbook is such a bargain - fits into the palm of your hand - yet I’ve got 76 adventure games on it I bought for 4-6 dollars each. The system was only $268 dollars.

So - I’m pleased as punch to be playing “The Whispered World” here - it runs like a charm and plays like nothing else I’ve played recently.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oscar - 05 January 2015 06:51 AM

Finished Chapter 1. There were two puzzles I didn’t really understand, although I managed without a walkthrough: the clock puzzle - the rock bros told me to set it to 12.30 which I did, and nothing happened anyway. Then I clicked the “x” in the top corner which apparently solves the puzzle for me. I won’t do that again. The other puzzle was using water Spot with the eye monster to light up the cave. I actually did that by accident meaning to use fiery Spot (which would have made sense).

As for the first one, it really seems that, somehow, you have skipped the entire puzzle: FULL RIDDLE SOLUTION If you put the hour the rock bros told you (using the fishbone as the hour hand of course), then there should have been an in-game cutscene with a flash of light that lights a specific note in the room. That note tells you some kind of cryptic message that corresponds to a specific task in Sadwick’s “to do” list. (For example, the note might say “Help a sleeping Giant”, then it is obvious that you should put the clock in the exact hour Sadwick should take care of Bruno). That is what happens for a couple of notes more, until finally the oracle appears.

I really don’t know why none of these happend in your case…. Frown

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Ah, I saw that note after meeting Shana. I was wondering what the ‘to do’ list was for.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That was where I stuck the longest time “Help the sleeping giant” - kept trying everything on Bruno until I finally looked at the note

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 05 January 2015 07:33 AM

That was where I stuck the longest time “Help the sleeping giant” - kept trying everything on Bruno until I finally looked at the note

Yeah when I played the game for the first time, I remember getting stuck there for days. I kept trying to wake up Bruno too. I reverted to a walkthrough to solve it. I think a better wording for this puzzle would have included the word “time” in it.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It’s a splendid first chapter… I like how suddenly, after a somewhat “slow” start (until you’re ready to enter the forest) you get plenty of locations at your disposal. And they’re BEAUTIFUL! That’s why I couldn’t stop playing, and like Oscar, wilco… I’m not done yet, but halfway through. Yeah, sorry Sefir, I can’t help it, I guess The Whispered World is too beautiful not to be enjoyed on a faster tempo. Tongue

I’ll discuss some of those critical puzzles in this chapter later. Especially the one with the clock. Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Oscar - 05 January 2015 06:51 AM

Finished Chapter 1. There were two puzzles I didn’t really understand, although I managed without a walkthrough: the The other puzzle was using water Spot with the eye monster to light up the cave. I actually did that by accident meaning to use fiery Spot (which would have made sense).

If you read the message engraved on the statue where you placed the whispering stone and the earthquake happened, it will give you a hint.“In memory of the mighty sea-eyes.
They watched over our world for millennia. They watched over us from numerous eyes. We brought them the green round fruit of the fatalie trees as offerings. They rewarded us by bringing light to our lives.“Spot is green and with his round shape, he looks like a green round fruit. 

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Deleted

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m halfway the FIRST chapter, not the entire game. Smile I’m still following the tempo.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 05 January 2015 05:32 PM

I’m halfway the FIRST chapter, not the entire game. Smile I’m still following the tempo.

Thumbs Up

I think TimovieMan posted some facepalm emoticons in another thread so that I could use them….

EDIT: Ahhh, here they are…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top