• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GirlbrushThreepWoodshanethewolf

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The art and animations really are magnificent, music is also adding to the natural melancholic atmosphere of the circus.

Compass/compost exchange - Grin

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 04 January 2015 07:45 AM

Compass/compost exchange - Grin

...one day I will remember to check under the bed…

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone got to the grandpa’s trailer yet? Don’t you think that experience of playing classics pays off when you need to close the door from the INSIDE to get the cork? Day of the Tentacle, anyone? Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 04 January 2015 08:15 AM

Anyone got to the grandpa’s trailer yet? Don’t you think that experience of playing classics pays off when you need to close the door from the INSIDE to get the cork? Day of the Tentacle, anyone? Grin

Riven is the great teacher for always doing that…..At least in 5 occasions, hidden passages are right there… Wink

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 04 January 2015 08:15 AM

Smile First thing I did when I went inside the trailer!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

And don’t forget to try all possible combinations!! Try everything with everything!! Hotspots, inventory items, even Spot!! There are some hillarious comments!!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I just realized something - if you change your desktop resolution to 1280x960 (or 1600x1200), the game will fill the entire screen on widescreen monitor. Doesn’t look too bad.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The art and animations really are magnificent, music is also adding to the natural melancholic atmosphere of the circus.

I could not agree more. It is a truly beautiful game - I’m glad I finally get to play it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

Suddenly we´re in a hurry. Gasp

I have the game on GOG, so I´m gonna assume it works, but I think it needs to be installed on my 32bit windows pc.
So I need to wait for that to come home…

For any other GOG’ers:
Do I download the german installer or can I choose the language later?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

The audio and subtitle languages can be changed any time in game duck.If you have the SE, that is. For the record, I play the game in a Win7 64bit laptop.

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

Hmm, maybe I should give it another try then. I just assumed Win7 64bit was the problem, since it always gives me grief with older games. But of course TWW isn´t that old..

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

What do you guys think of spot as a sidekick? I think he is one of the best in any game period. The ability to use him to help with the puzzles is an amazing idea.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

*meep*  (I love him!! Both his character and his riddle usage.)

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Definitely a great sidekick Tongue. However, I always mention Torin’s Passage and Boogle as a “precursor” to Sadwick and Spot. Boogle can also morph into various things, guitar included. Grin

Spot’s originality, though, comes from the fact that he’s so passive and quiet yet full of character, a feature very similar to Machinarium.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m finding Spot a charming sidekick it’s still too soon for me too see how of an impact he’ll have. I’m guessing he’ll have multiple forms and I’m liking the puzzles.
Rock Bros are reminding me of Murray from Monkey Island - funny stuff

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top