• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sefir - 02 January 2015 10:08 AM
chrissie - 02 January 2015 04:54 AM

N.B. where did ‘pepperzip’ come from? I downloaded the bonus artwork etc & ‘pepperzip’ turned up to open it - I wouldn’t mind but I have to pay to upgrade it & I’m not paying for a game to have to pay extra to an additional program to unlock the bonus material!

I’m sorry chrissie, but I can’t help here. Sounds like a compression tool. Have you tried to use Winzip or Winrar instead to open those files?

Thanks Sefir, I got rid of pepperzip & I have the means to open the files anyway so don’t know what that was about!

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2006-04-07

PM

Sefir - 02 January 2015 10:04 AM

This happens if you try the in-game options menu. Along with the game, I also downloaded a program called “Visionaire Configuration Tool” (search for it in the TWW installation folder). There the windowed maximum resolution is 1366x768.

I’ve tried the Visionaire Configuration Tool and somehow, even if I save the settings, they aren’t saved when I enter the game. Also, my mouse lags a bit from time to time in the main menu at least, haven’t gone beyond that. My laptop should be powerful enough for it so I don’t think that’s the problem. A quick google search led me to some Steam forums thread in which this was a known issue but it was not solved, nor did Daedalic release a fix. I just hope it’s playable.

I have the Steam normal version as well (in all my above talk I’m testing the Special Edition) but I hope I won’t be needing it!

Nobody knows what is gonna happen at the end of the line, so you might as well enjoy the trip.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

[
This happens if you try the in-game options menu. Along with the game, I also downloaded a program called “Visionaire Configuration Tool” (search for it in the TWW installation folder). There the windowed maximum resolution is 1366x768.

I tried that Tim (except my maximum resolution in Visionaire is 2560x1600 which is my maximum screen resolution. I suspect 1366x768 is your maximum) but it made no difference. No matter what I do the maximum TWW will allow is 1024x768. It’s not a problem but, like Wicked, I would have liked it to be full screen.
Oh, and my copy is from GOG and not Steam.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wow, just tried the Special Edition - you guys SOOOOOOOO don’t wanna click to hear the commentaries if you’re playing for the first time: from early on they’re spoiling the puzzles. I guess it’s intended for veteran players, and you can save your game often and get back to it once you’re finished to hear the scene comment.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Lucien21 - 02 January 2015 10:19 AM

I guess it means I don’t get the alternate ending and have to put up with Sadwicks annoying voice in English Frown

I will also be playing the original, so you are not the only one Wink
To me it somehow seems wrong to pay for a game that I already own, even if there is some extra material in a new distribution.

Incidental I just played chapter 4 of BoUT 2, and there where a couple of places where I got to hear the original German voice acting instead of the English - and it sounded awful, especially Ivo’s voice Frown The English voices suit the characters much better than the German does.

Also Sadwick’s voice has never really bothered me much, it somehow suits the character, so I wouldn’t be playing it with German voices even if I had the SE version.

It has be a sufficiently long time since I originally played that game, that I can only remember the major plot points, so I am looking forward to replaying it, though I’m sure I will remember more once we get going. I do however remember that I found it to be of just the right difficultly, not so easy that you just race through it, and not so difficult that I needed a walkthrough, except perhaps once or twice, and nothing like Discworld.

BTW installed and ready to go.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 02 January 2015 11:08 AM

Wow, just tried the Special Edition - you guys SOOOOOOOO don’t wanna click to hear the commentaries if you’re playing for the first time: from early on they’re spoiling the puzzles. I guess it’s intended for veteran players, and you can save your game often and get back to it once you’re finished to hear the scene comment.

Thanks for the warning diego. So, everyone, beware of not spoiling yourselves!! Leave the commentaries for last.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I bought a Steam card on sale and then the Special Edition on sale as well. I listened to the first commentary just to see what it’s like. It’ll take some self-discipline to put the commentaries on hold until the end—they’re enlivening—though I have played the game before, so spoiling isn’t as much of an issue for me.

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Jabod - 02 January 2015 11:05 AM

I tried that Tim…

No, these are TimovieMan and rtrooney. My name is Nick. Tongue

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Sefir - 02 January 2015 12:13 PM
Jabod - 02 January 2015 11:05 AM

I tried that Tim…

No, these are TimovieMan and rtrooney. My name is Nick. Tongue

Oooops! Sorry Sefir

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Sefir - 02 January 2015 10:25 AM
Lucien21 - 02 January 2015 10:19 AM

I guess i’ll make do with the Deep Silver disc release I bought when it came out in 2010.

No Special Edition for me.

You know you’ll regret it when you’ll start reading all the positive comments of the German Sadwick, etc… Wink

On the other hand, I was always fine with English Sadwick.

Actually, I’ve been looking at some hotspots and I’m not so sure I like the German Sadwick’s voice any more than the English one Tongue
But I’m still gonna play it with German voices this time. The developer commentary is gonna be very interesting too.

It would have been nice if you could toggle between English and German voices in-game.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Dag - 02 January 2015 02:06 PM

It would have been nice if you could toggle between English and German voices in-game.

You can, just tap Esc and click the flag in top left corner. Almost instant.
German voice sound a lot better for me, Russian and English sound weird

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m going on a trip and will be without a computer when the playthough starts.  However, I really want to participate, so I’ll try to catch up when I get back.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Installed and seems to be working fine. Will be trying to participate but my promises haven’t had much weight lately Tongue

I played the earlier parts of the game when it first came out and I remember I liked the puzzles. I usually do like a companion that’s used cleverly and Spot certainly was.

I’ve loved all the Daedalic games so far and I didn’t consider this one bad at all when trying it out back then, so will see what comes of this. I’d guess I’ll quite like it but possibly not as much as Edna & Harvey which was brilliant, and possibly not as much as The Dark Eye games that had great romantic plots. That still leaves a lot of room to like though.

I’ll be joining the ones playing the game with German speech and English subtitles. My understanding of German is very low (I’ve only taken one course) but I always use subtitles anyway and I’ve quite used to foreign language games with my Japanese VN addiction.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Perhaps Sadwick might annoy you, but there’re some great English voices for some of the characters - for example, the Rock Brothers sound like coming straight from Disney movie.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve tried those Visionaire settings for widescreen, and they indeed don’t do anything in the game. If it hadn’t been brought up here, I wouldn’t have even tried to get the game to run widescreen, so it doesn’t matter that it doesn’t work. I was expecting those black bars anyway…

diego - 02 January 2015 11:08 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. I’ll still leave the commentaries on, so I know where to save.

Are there a lot of commentary points, or not? The MI2 SE only had a few…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top