• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Or, in the spirit of a Community Playthrough:

Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m still near the beginning—this time through I’m trying to hear every comment on every item/combination. So I’m taking it slow. I am amazed at the beauty of the world, and how little Sadwick notices that at this point. It’s as though he’s chosen to feel “blue” and to cocoon himself away from the wonderful sights around him.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

diego - 05 January 2015 05:53 PM

Tongue

I like his little reactions during dialogues, depending on what they say. I don’t remember seeing that in many adventure games. Most of the time the protagonist just stands there.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wow, I forgot the order in which to solve the clock puzzle! Ain’t that convenient? Tongue Don’t you find interesting that sometimes you won’t forget the single puzzle from the game you played 10+ years ago, but others you played only recently are not that sharp in memory?

Zifnab - 05 January 2015 08:23 PM

I like his little reactions during dialogues, depending on what they say. I don’t remember seeing that in many adventure games. Most of the time the protagonist just stands there.

Yeah, the game might not be the “busiest” in terms of background animation, but I thought while still seeing the preview for the game, that it’s gonna be beautiful, but pretty static. That’s not the case, each screen is brought to life, whether with a single falling leaf or a running stream. The only “weird” thing is that in autumn forest there are screens with “static” falling leaves Grin but that’s probably because backgrounds were done first. And artistically it doesn’t bother.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

Just wanted to check in and say I got it working on the win7 32bit. It´s probably better to play it on the smaller laptop screen anyway.

I completely forgot how great this game is. The animations! Spot! And Sadwick having a different depressed comment about almost everything I try to do.
I really like him as a character with his original voice actor. I had a soft spot for him when I played the english version as well, but like most people found his voice a bit..off. But he´s so sweet, especially when interacting with Spot. Heart Eyes

I don´t know how far I am, since I don’t remember how long the chapters are, but I just got told that i´m going to destroy the world. .

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Duck of Doom - 06 January 2015 11:46 AM

I don´t know how far I am, since I don’t remember how long the chapters are, but I just got told that i´m going to destroy the world. .

Me too. What did you say to Shana? I went with saving the world Grin, and my favorite quote in this chapter so far comes right after that, when Sadwick asks if Shana was wrong before:

- So, there’s room for interpretation? Grin

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

I tried to be honest, but Sadwick wussed out. Grin
The whole Shana scene is great.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just started TWW & changed to the German version with English subtitles because the English voicing for Sadwick I found so awful -sorry - but the German voice is better!! I’m trying to get on with the game but it’s proving to be problematic in that responses to clicking on anything is immediately unresponsive - if I persist I get there eventually but it’s so slow & not a good way to play a game & I don’t know what the problem is as I don’t have a problem playing anything else! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ve just started TWW & changed to the German version with English subtitles because the English voicing for Sadwick I found so awful -sorry - but the German voice is better!! I’m trying to get on with the game but it’s proving to be problematic in that responses to clicking on anything is immediately unresponsive - if I persist I get there eventually but it’s so slow & not a good way to play a game & I don’t know what the problem is as I don’t have a problem playing anything else! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

ON my PC Netbook the game ran badly under windows 8.1 - I put the game in compatibility mode for windows 7 and it now runs like a champ.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Mikekelly - 06 January 2015 06:45 PM

ON my PC Netbook the game ran badly under windows 8.1 - I put the game in compatibility mode for windows 7 and it now runs like a champ.

Heart

Thanks MikeKelly for your response! The trouble is I’m already playing on Win 7 (64 bit) - what else can I do to make the game run better?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

chrissie - 06 January 2015 04:51 PM

Is this the problem you’re having?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/268540/discussions/0/558755529550485100/

Unfortunately, if this is it I’m not sure there is a fix for it

Total Posts: 2988

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

wilco - 06 January 2015 07:27 PM

Some people seem to work around this problem by triple clicking. Far from perfect, but still…
It is strange, because I also run the game in Win7 64bit and works like a charm. GOG version though.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sefir - 07 January 2015 02:19 AM

Some people seem to work around this problem by triple clicking. Far from perfect, but still…
It is strange, because I also run the game in Win7 64bit and works like a charm. GOG version though.

Thanks for the link wilco, that’s exactly the problem I’m having! I’ve got the GoG version too Sefir but it is the Special Edition which seems to be the culprit according to comments on the Steam forum with the original version not having the same problem! I’ll try & persist but….. 

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I took a short look around but will continue a bit later. I’m hoping the first chapter will be easy and fast for me because I have played it earlier but will see. I’ll probably be the last anyway Tongue.

I don’t remember much of the specifics from the game so I’m not using ingame commentaries or checking spoilers here until I’ve finished the part in question.

Spot is lovely (I did compliment it earlier already) and talking to grandpa was pretty fun. Overall I also liked the contrast of the cartoony world vs. the whole ominous end of the world thing - this I remember from years ago. (I know many fantasy games have the protagonist save their kingdom or something but the tone here is different, not to mention the angle to it.)

Cartoony fantasy worlds aren’t really my favourite settings (pretty much everyone probably already knows I’m more into noir and dark mysteries really) but I’m not really that stuck on my preferences, I like a lot of stuff that isn’t aimed directly to my tastes. (And I have given 5 stars to many cartoony games so it’s not like it’s really a turn off either.)

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

chrissie - 07 January 2015 03:40 AM
Sefir - 07 January 2015 02:19 AM

..... I’m trying to get on with the game but it’s proving to be problematic in that responses to clicking on anything is immediately unresponsive - if I persist I get there eventually but it’s so slow & not a good way to play a game & I don’t know what the problem is as I don’t have a problem playing anything else! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks for the link wilco, that’s exactly the problem I’m having! I’ve got the GoG version too Sefir but it is the Special Edition which seems to be the culprit according to comments on the Steam forum with the original version not having the same problem! I’ll try & persist but….. 

Following a tip on the Steam forum I’m now running the game in compatibility mode for Win XP (SP2) & so far it’s working a lot better!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top