• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #26: The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 13 February 2014 08:40 AM

I don’t remember a maze in The Neverhood - it’s time to replay it.

It’s more like a mouze. Tongue

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 13 February 2014 08:28 AM

I’m playing the game and enjoying everybody else’s comments, but I still too far behind.

If anyone should understand how you feel, it’s me. Cool I think I’ll vote Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon or Overseer as the next playthrough, only to finish them. Tongue (nope, we never did those games, you’re imagining things)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 13 February 2014 08:57 AM
zobraks - 13 February 2014 08:40 AM

I don’t remember a maze in The Neverhood

It’s more like a mouze.

Oh, yeah… I had cheated on that one , that’s (probably) why I didn’t remember it.

diego - 13 February 2014 10:12 AM

I think I’ll vote Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon or Overseer as the next playthrough, only to finish them. Tongue

Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon it will be then: the first FTSO community playthrough.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 13 February 2014 10:39 AM

Oh, yeah… I had cheated on that one , that’s (probably) why I didn’t remember it.

You would have remembered if you’d found the *game-approved* cheat for the mouze! Tongue

Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon it will be then: the first FTSO community playthrough.

FTSO?
As in F**k The Skull Off?
File Transfor Spooler for Open Systems?
Figure That Stuff Out?

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Well, after some time (stupid real life!), I managed to finish the 3rd chapter. It was by far the best of the 3, with a slightly unexpected ending. The maze was my nemesis, as usual, but I managed to solve it eith some difficulty. On the other hand, the difficulty raise that was added with the maze was a welcome gift in the last chapter. Congratulations to everyone for this very intresting playthrough and many thanks to diego for the great leading.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

For personal reasons, I couldn’t join this playthrough, but the banter and silliness about one of my favorite games has made me laugh during a most difficult time in my life.  You did a terrific job with this one, Diego!  Bravo!  Thumbs Up

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 13 February 2014 11:00 AM

FTSO?
As in F**k The Skull Off?
File Transfor Spooler for Open Systems?
Figure That Stuff Out?

FTSO stands for “for truant students only” , actually.

Lady Kestrel - 13 February 2014 12:37 PM

For personal reasons, I couldn’t join this playthrough, but the banter and silliness about one of my favorite games has made me laugh during a most difficult time in my life.

I’d be delighted if I were one of those who helped to relieve your pain, Lady K.
We sure missed you in this playthrough.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks, Zobraks.  Yes, your goofiness did help quite a bit. Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 13 February 2014 12:55 PM

FTSO stands for “for truant students only”

Students of Johnny Truant???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 13 February 2014 12:37 PM

You did a terrific job with this one, Diego!  Bravo!  Thumbs Up

Thanx, LK! It sure wasn’t the same without your contribution, but sometimes it’s enough to know that a specific person is watching/following the thread. Wink

Thanx, everyone! Is it now only me, Karlok and Chief Advie still to go over the finish line? Gasp

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Diego , I was wishing I would pass without embarrassment Sarcastic but seriously , these days and from a long time I cant find time to play adventures , sorry everyone at the play through , this is my 1st contribution and wont be my last , I mean ,I cant finish JMP3 at mean time ,so you better move on ,but the next CPT I will make sure i have the time as i had before for playing AGs .

Thank you all and Thank you Diego , i don’t know about the previous CPT , but i understand that your job was awesome , you added a lot to the experience , it was fun.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

TimovieMan - 13 February 2014 03:57 PM
zobraks - 13 February 2014 12:55 PM

FTSO stands for “for truant students only”

Students of Johnny Truant???

Er… not exactly.
I reckoned it would be nice to round up the outcasts from a previous community playthrough and make them (us, truants) play CCS to the very end (at last).

Advie - 13 February 2014 04:58 PM

I was wishing I would pass without embarrassment

No embarrassment, Chief. You did a fine job, specially when it came to voting for TJP 3.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 13 February 2014 05:20 PM

I reckoned it would be nice to round up the outcasts from a previous community playthrough and make them (us, truants) play CCS to the very end (at last).

CCS? That should come as a reward. The outcasts should be rounded up and forced to play Isabelle or something.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 13 February 2014 05:25 PM

CCS? That should come as a reward. The outcasts should be rounded up and forced to play Isabelle or something.

And I know just the right person us truants should force to be the playthrough leader!

No, not me.

Pretty colors!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 13 February 2014 11:59 AM

It was by far the best of the 3, with a slightly unexpected ending. The maze was my nemesis, as usual, but I managed to solve it eith some difficulty. On the other hand, the difficulty raise that was added with the maze was a welcome gift in the last chapter.

I agree that Shangri La was the most visually appealing of the three chapters. I actually thought that Atlantis was the best of the three. Far more “where do you have to go to get what in order to do what” type of puzzle. Even if it meant going bankrupt feeding coins to the Ferryman.

I disagree with your thought that the maze raised the difficulty of the episode and somehow made it better. Inserting a maze or maze-style puzzle is a common affectation of game designers.

Feeding steam could have been accomplished so much easier. An entire unnecessary section of the game, i.e. the maze, could have been eliminated by making the tone drums the answer to diverting steam.

The tediousness of the puzzles in the third episode turned the game from a delightful experience into a “Meh”.

That’s not the fault of the CPT. It’s a fault of the game. (And I don’t know if changing the sequence of the episodes would have changed my thought. But there’s a possibility it might have.)

I really enjoyed playing with everybody who participated. I hope we all will have the chance to do it again.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top