• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04AnimeAdamCaliMonkCharophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #26: The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-06-26

PM

Ok, in the tunnels… going this way… nope can’t… ok I will go this way…. good it’s working… oops… no can’t…. ok…. I will go back that way….
One good thing about this…. I am losing weight. Laughing

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I like the maze.

I like mazes in general. The first AG (AG?) I had played, Monty Python’s Complete Waste of Time, had A LOT of mazes. There were six parts of the game, each of them started with a maze and those mazes were tougher and tougher, every one of them with a unique pattern and story that related to the MPFC shows. Some people would probably find all that extremely boring or tedious, but I enjoyed it immensely.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2009-06-26

PM

Would you come meet me down under then….lol

One thing I liked playing Uru Live.. someone could jump with you and you could play together…

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Winfrey - 03 February 2014 04:56 PM

Would you come meet me down under then….lol

You mean, in Australia?

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 03 February 2014 05:04 PM
Winfrey - 03 February 2014 04:56 PM

Would you come meet me down under then....lol

You mean, in Australia?

That would be Down Under Dan. Grin

Oh, yes - I forgot to tell you about the maze. You can argue many things, but as this review would put it - not that it’s a rich cocktail of genres - Sci-fi-History-Mystery-Whodunit-Alien Conspiracy, with a maze on top of it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2009-06-26

PM

Cool

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 03 February 2014 12:28 PM

I will, I will. Going to play tonight.  Heart Eyes

Great! Say hello to Shaman for me! Wink

SweetDalilah - 02 February 2014 11:29 AM

I think the acting is much better than in Atlantis and especially than in the future ship.

I agree… I think it has to do (like I mentioned) with the fact that I noticed some light background “commotion” and sounds this time around, while the characters are speaking to you.

I enjoyed taking a balloon ride (once again)

Me too, until (as Zobraks) I got stuck because of it. Angry (Gage, did you bring quarters?)

Becky - 02 February 2014 03:44 PM

Yet to figure out what this is (Arthur isn’t making any comments, he seems to have mostly gotten his tongue eaten by a cat in El Dorado Shifty Eyed)

It’s hard to tell, because the image is sideways, but that is the underground area where the artifact is found. I went back in special, just to check.Tongue I think it’s also represented in the wall drawing on the far right.

Yes. Also, if I’m not mistaken, the “skeleton” head and “swine head” are Time/Space (or other way around?), but I’m not sure about this one.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Becky - 28 January 2014 06:15 PM

It’s intriguing that both the Atlantis and El Dorado cultures have similar religious stories in their backgrounds, and that both anticipate the death of their cities.

I’ve forgot about the walls in Atlantis, but it’s interesting to look at the symbolism in El Dorado temple. In the first section, it’s easy to connect the 2 eagles, or 2 “winged brothers”, to 2 alien races. The Legacy seems to be complete on the first part, but on the second it’s like the boy (Gage?) is saving one of the three legacy’s part while eagles are over the city. The yellow line connecting him to the balloon at the third section should hint that it’s the way for Gage to find out the correct way (heads to push). I’m not sure about the second part, apart that he seems to be collecting the artifact (and I still haven’t figured what spirit each of the head represents). Of course, the scribe is still working on it, but now my question is this - if he (the scribe) KNEW what is the end of the story, why is he still cheerful, emphatic and optimistic about it? Or is it that shaman haven’t told him, or anyone else yet about it? Or is it possible, that the ending we witnessed in introduction is only because of some time discrepancy, or even Gage’s visit? (that’s another one to add to the “damage” list, Sefir Sarcastic)

As for the balloon “montage” scene:

apart from the first two “visions” which should represent the other two time zones, there’s also the eagle symbol, which is similar to Weimar Republic eagle, and the soldiers seem to represent the Nazis (I guess swastikas were removed for any potential trouble on German market) followed by the “mushroom” which should represent the atomic bomb.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Becky - 28 January 2014 06:15 PM

Some characters will only talk at length to specific people

Yeah, like in Atlantis. I like that, similar to The Last Express to an extent, you need to get the grip of the surrounding, who’s who… as a general knowledge before tackling the specific task.

Kurufinwe - 30 January 2014 10:56 AM

Miscellaneous excerpts from my notes:

Oh, you forgot these:

- The scribe, who should be the most knowledgeable person around acts as if he doesn’t know the first thing about city’s culture when speaking to farmer, and farmer doesn’t make any fuss about it. Grin

- If Shaman KNEW it’s the end of the world tomorrow, why doesn’t he yell: Run to OFF the Hills?!

Salar Shushan - 31 January 2014 01:31 AM

Felt like a real cheat that we never got over there. You’d have thought at least the Shaman’s balloon would have had that option.

If it was really the “escape balloon”, I guess Shaman programmed it to get away from the city. Grin But I do agree that getting the “wider” sense of area would be welcomed. Or more characters, because, farmer and the well-boy, for example, are the only people in their hill/village.

Salar Shushan - 31 January 2014 01:31 AM

I also agree that the game seemed to be hinting that the Shaman’s vision of the boy hero was really Gage, but I decided to be a buzzard and wear the old Shaman’s face for most of the chapter.

It was interesting to talk to scribe as Shaman, and the game (along with Arthur) made it like a critical game dialogue choice at one point. (but it was nothing, I guess only a “parody” on interactive movies) I thought we can tell him something along the lines: “Go, take a rest”, or “Finish the god damn painting already!” and then explore the wall closer.

Kurufinwe - 30 January 2014 10:56 AM

When Arthur said that we had defeated all the elemental guardians, I went “What? Was that it?” (and then spent 3 minutes trying to work out what the elemental guardians were; the flames was fire and I guess the pool was water?).

I’m sure that’s only Arthur’s observation, because I was surprised, too. Anyway, I guess the balloon puzzle is “air”, draining the pool “water”, pushing heads “earth” and then getting past the “fire”.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Diego—I like your explanation for overcoming the four elements.

I went back into El Dorado and talked to the shaman again and took the balloon ride again. I also went back to the area near the pool where Gage picks up the Legacy artifact and listened to Arthur translate the pictograms again. Now that I’ve spent more time in the game, I think I understand the story a bit better. So, lots of theory in what lies below. Naughty

The four spirits were the elemental spirits (earth, fire, air and water) plus there were two more spirits – time and space – a total of six spirits. Just a guess—time is represented by the skull and space by the pig thing. The icons of the four elemental spirits seem to be a man, a monkey, a toothed critter (maybe a crocodile?) and a bird with a curved beak. The four elemental spirits, I think were the Sosiqui, who have since left Earth.

According to the shaman, time and space are spirits who never left, and they allow the shaman to enter the dream space and see the past and the future. When we’re on the balloon looking down at the drawings on the ground and see them move, I think we’ve entered the shaman’s dream space. So we see Atlantis, Shangri-la, something I can’t identify (perhaps a reference to WWII, as diego notes), the nuclear bomb, and then two sequences that seem to have the Cyrollans and the Quo-Thalus (the two brothers who tried to steal the Legacy) fighting each other – perhaps one battle is in the past, and the other is a final battle yet to come. If the shaman is correct, the Cyrollans aren’t to be trusted – they and the Quo-Thalus hate each other and want the Legacy for themselves. The Legacy is to be joined together in the future when all of the “children” are ready to share it, not try to claim it just for themselves.

As for the wall paintings – the one on the left is a story from the past. The first part of the panel shows the six spirits together. The spirits realized that the brothers were trying to steal the Legacy. They split it in three parts, giving one to a young man in El Dorado (the first shaman). The second part of the panel shows Atlantis, Shangri La, and the first shaman in El Dorado with his piece of the Legacy. The shaman goes up above (apparently in a balloon) looking for a place to hide the artifact and finds the perfect place. We see the young shaman hiding his piece of the legacy in the third panel.

The unfinished wall painting – the two brothers once again are preparing to steal the Legacy and to fight one another. A young man traveling through time (the skull) uses the flint (you see it hanging around his neck) and a trip in a balloon to find the Legacy piece and keep it from the brothers. I think the last battle to be portrayed may not be the battle that then happened in El Dorado. I think it might be the battle yet to come between the Cyrollans and Quo-Thalus, with the whole Symbiotry stuck in the middle.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Still playing in El Dorado. Will let you know how the meeting with Shaman goes. Btw, thanks for reminding me to take a picture of him. He won’t see it coming!  Naughty  Tongue

P.S. Will send you a postcard and a vacation picture of Shaman

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I finished playing El Dorado last Monday. But I “couldn’t” start Shangri-La, per the “rules” until yesterday. And then business got in the way. I hope to start the final episode tomorrow.

I’m curious: we had to go to the Himalayas to get the knife. When we go through the portal do we return to the last place. or do we find ourselves in some random location?

I did find a map that can only apply to Shangri-La. I’m assuming it deals with the underground “maze” everyone is talking about. I honestly do not recall where I found it. It has to be El Dorado or S-L. I’m wondering whether it’s worth taking a screenshot of it, and printing it. Would that make the task any easier?

Anyway, hope to get back in the saddle tomorrow.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 03 February 2014 01:07 PM

Met any historical figures yet?

This Genghis Khan goon of yours KOed me twice and pushed me down the ladder once!
Sheesh, what a rude person. With manners like that it’s no wonder he never conquered Vienna (or England).

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Few more tidbits of trivia:

- The song Arhtur sings when faced with fire trap is Spinning Wheel (We faced Earth, Air and Fire, now it’s Blood Sweat & Tears, or something like this. Grin)

- 24 heads on the wall… song is a reference to 99 bottles of beer on the wall

- Coincidently, Indiana Jones 4 among other things (El Dorado, aliens…) shares the similar heads in basin found in Peru:

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Guess who’s got all the stones!

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top