• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #26: The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Kurufinwe - 09 February 2014 12:17 PM
diego - 08 February 2014 11:18 PM
SweetDalilah - 08 February 2014 08:21 PM

How on earth did they want us to remember this without taking a picture?  Gasp Shifty Eyed

Good ol’ pen&paper;, of course. Tongue Here’s me trying to work out the “stone heads” puzzle by drawing heads:

It ain’t Picasso, but it’s close to Munch. Smile

Hah! Taking notes is the best part of the game. Here’s my beautiful rendition of those heads:

Yeah, I enjoy drawing puzzles too, when I actually like the game, and when I’m not hurrying to finish the chapter as soon as possible, because everyone else hurried and finished the game!  Shifty Eyed  Angry  Pan

Btw, I like your Drawings better, Kurufinwe! Grin

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 09 February 2014 12:07 PM

Internet isn’t everything. There’s also jacuzzi and a beach.

You forgot the most important: athletics!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

zobraks - 09 February 2014 11:59 AM
Advie - 09 February 2014 11:58 AM

I didn’t have internet access at the week

How did you survive, for Chri Allah’s sake?!?

And there I was thinking that even a day out of this forum would do you in.

No of course but my adventuring gaming never stopped I was admiring how black mirror sequels were might would have had the best settings for a traditional updated 3rd person adventure plus that I hurt my fingers from over-training on a newly ‘bought’ ,used stiff acoustic guitar taking off some long trust of it

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’ll post some overall thoughts on the game when we get nearer to the end of the CP, but here are a few thoughts on the end sequence.

- That final puzzle was unnecessary and frankly not fun. Surely they could have come up with something clever that tied up together the various puzzles and themes from the 3 eras.

- The guy who plays Gage really seems to equate acting with making faces and having crazy eyes. Did he go to acting class with Dean Erickson?

- (dramatic confrontation unfolding) Blah, blah, blah… Who cares?

- (end of the dramatic confrontation) Well, that was anticlimactic.

- (epilogue) ... And they devote the epilogue to wrapping up JP2. Or possibly retconning it. That makes total sense.
(I guess maybe that scene would work as a conclusion to the series if I had played the other games. For those who have: does it work?)

- (credits) James Hazelwood: you suck. It pleases me that you never had an acting career.

- (credits) Wait? The guard in Shangri-La was named Dob-Dob and nobody told me?!? No wonder Genghis Khan picked on him.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Here’s the plaque made of 4 original discs, and the demo CD. And this is an interesting HD view in El Dorado:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

While Shangri La was the most visually appealing of the three locations. it also had the greatest number of tedious and uninteresting puzzles. I, too, solved the tone puzzle out of sequence. Which highlights my impression that this episode could be described as a lot of wandering around with no clear goal in mind. (Other than recovering the third artifact, of course.)

I liked this CPT. Not as much as Callahan’s or Vampyre Story, but much more than ITE. I commend Diego as a first-time leader.

If I replay the game, which I am not likely to do in the near future, I will do so with Arthur in “Chatty” mode. From reading comments here, I know that I’ve missed a lot. I also think I will play the Atlantis/Shangri La/El Dorado sequence. While that would have made the endgame a virtual sprint to the finish, I think it would have made the Shangri La episode flow better. You would have found the knife as part of your natural exploration and would have had it when you needed it in El Dorado.

I, for one, didn’t find the FMV acting as “over the top” as many did. It was no better or worse than just about all of the FMV games of its era. Actually, I was MUCH better than some games of that era.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-08-27

PM

Kurufinwe - 09 February 2014 02:01 PM

- That final puzzle was unnecessary and frankly not fun. Surely they could have come up with something clever that tied up together the various puzzles and themes from the 3 eras.

- (epilogue) ... And they devote the epilogue to wrapping up JP2. Or possibly retconning it. That makes total sense.
(I guess maybe that scene would work as a conclusion to the series if I had played the other games. For those who have: does it work?)

Finishing the last puzzle took me longer than I thought it would, but since I wasn’t dying over and over while figuring it out, I wasn’t too bothered Smile

As for the epilogue, yes, they were tying up the loose ends, but I definitely felt that they essentially rewrote Sinclair & Agent 3 into being good guys - which felt like a retcon, even if it was always intended. I liked the post that said Agent 3 framed Gage because he wouldn’t date her - and that would have made even more sense of JP3’s ending. “Thanks for testifying on my behalf.” She does seem a little sweet on Gage, crazy eyes and all. Kiss There’s this whole feel of - “Hey now that we agree that the Cyrollans shouldn’t get the legacy, don’t feel bad about those guilt trips, death traps, & the frame-ups you defeated in the last 3 games. We’re all friends now…” Its a little hard to believe that Sinclair would go to any lengths to reassure Gage that there were no hard feelings given how he acted on his deathbed and what happened between them in JP1. Maybe his other immortal Templar friends felt they should be extra nice to Gage, given what Saros/Sinclair pulled on the guy the Sosiqui eventually chose to save the Legacy.

Diego, thanks for leading the community playthrough. I’ve enjoyed it very much! Can we play a Tex Murphy game next?

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I finished El Dorado. Raced through it, basically. I didn’t spend any time trying to piece the story of the murals and the shaman together so I appreciate the work you have presented in the thread. Laughing

I remember being stuck at how to ride the balloon for a while, just like several of you, the first time I played the game. This time, Arthur dropped a very obvious hint due to his chatty mode. I don’t think he is supposed to say any “light bulb comments” automatically even when chatty, so either that was a bug or a very spoilery thought bubble comment.

rtrooney - 09 February 2014 07:20 PM

I, for one, didn’t find the FMV acting as “over the top” as many did. It was no better or worse than just about all of the FMV games of its era. Actually, I was MUCH better than some games of that era.

I agree to a certain extent. Most of the NPCs you speak to are fairly uncomplicated and, I suppose, easy to portray (fairly) well. It’s just a shame that the main characters, like the agents and - ugh - the commissioner, are so bad.

- (dramatic confrontation unfolding) Blah, blah, blah… Who cares?

- (end of the dramatic confrontation) Well, that was anticlimactic.

I may have more to say about this when I’ve finished this playthrough (I don’t remember the details) but I felt disappointed by the ending. The last puzzle is indeed tedious and kills any sense of urgency. Both Pegasus Prime and Buried in Time have awesome ending sequences that engage the player and first and foremost don’t completely reverse the previously established storyline. Shifty Eyed Cue diego saying “But this is a time travel game, it makes sense…” Tongue

- The guy who plays Gage really seems to equate acting with making faces and having crazy eyes. Did he go to acting class with Dean Erickson?

Lol, spot on!

- (credits) James Hazelwood: you suck. It pleases me that you never had an acting career.

You keep picking on the ferryman. I don’t see what’s so terrible about him in light of so many other poor performances? The IMDB page for the game was hilarious to browse through, though!

- (credits) Wait? The guard in Shangri-La was named Dob-Dob and nobody told me?!? No wonder Genghis Khan picked on him.

Haha, but I think Dob-Dob is the guard’s title, as in “a Dob-Dob guard”. The lama calls you something else if you talk to him while wearing the guard’s image, if I’m not mistaken. I’ll check when I go back to the game.

diego - 09 February 2014 12:35 PM

Haha! Thumbs Up Come on, everyone, let us see your beautiful “head art”. Don’t be shy! (we could organize the Best Note Art contest)

It was a tight squeeze on an already crowded notepad, but it served its purpose. Tongue

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve been back to Atlantis, of necessity. Yes, I left something there. The beggar’s bowl. So after making it a good chunk of the way through Shangri La, I went back to Atlantis and, to my surprise, I could now close the door at the temple with the water pouring through it and make my way all the way back to where the ferryman was still waiting for me to take me to the dock. Patient, isn’t he? He doesn’t know I’m racketing my way through time and space and can disappear at will.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished the game.
Mmm, I’m sorry to say I didn’t like it at all. I just found it very tedious, even the Arthur jokes couldn’t save the game from the constant spewing of long speeches about religious stuff in boring bad acting.
Also felt the time travel premise was such a wasted opportunity, the player could go to so many real interesting places anywhere in time and we are stuck going to 3 uninteresting mythical fictional cities that kept recycling the same themes.
The puzzles also felt very uninspiring, again failing to make use of the premise Traveling in Time!! Such boring tasks like fetching a knife or a beggar’s bowl... Come on, at least let me use a boom stick!!!

On thing about the final speech when Gage is possessed, did he say something like: ...The secrets will shared when all the races when they are reasy for such a AWESOME responsibility… Awesome responsability really? SmileIt’s just nitpicking but I found it funny

The playthrough, on the other hand, was entertaining, thanks diego, nice leadership! Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Say what you will of this chapter, but it’s got Trunkyo in it:

(or, as Mr. Demon himself would put it: “Yeah, all of us bald Asian studs look alike, don’t we???” Grin)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone worked out the connection between the map and the maze? I find it easier to get around by trial & error. Grin

Look where I ended up:

Iron Maiden cover, and Boris “Buddha” Karloff.

Becky - 09 February 2014 06:40 AM

I wonder what yaks like to eat.

They look like emo yaks to me, so some salad would be in order.

harald - 10 February 2014 03:38 PM

It was a tight squeeze on an already crowded notepad, but it served its purpose. Tongue

Hey, stop that! A charcoal art? It makes my notes look like a 5-year-old child’s doodle! Geez, do you guys need easels with your adventure notes? Gasp Grin

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Trunkyo aside, Shangri-La is the best part of the three in TJP 3.
Characters, puzzles, environment, story… even music, everything seems to be best there.

Atlantis wins the second place, and the third place goes to Ham on Rye those obnoxious South Americans.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Nice emo yak!  Heart Eyes  How does it see where it’s going?

Re the Shangri La map: I found it helpful because if you use those levers to change the position of the round doors, the map reflects the changes.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Becky - 11 February 2014 02:29 PM

Nice emo yak!  Heart Eyes  How does it see where it’s going?

The thing is, it’s not going anywhere. Haven’t you seen Ferdinand the Bull? Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top