• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRosezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game of Thrones - TTG

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

BEWBS!!!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Venkman - 05 February 2015 09:58 PM

I’m talking about depicting sex and naked female bodies in a certain way.

Also know as The Shatner Effect

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Venkman - 05 February 2015 07:49 PM

One of the problems with the way sex is portrayed almost everywhere, including Game of Thrones HBO, is that it’s almost entirely shot from a heterosexual male perspective (the “male gaze”). The sex and nudity is there for the heterosexual male audience to get off on, showing female breasts and butts prominently; it’s not there to serve the story and is not shot “authentically” as part of the world. Of course many times sex scenes are important for the audience to see, the issue is the way they’re shown.

I’ve always thought GoT shows sex very discriminantly. Sure, most of it is straight sex, but then again so it is in real world as well, but they don’t shy away from showing homosexual encounters either. I’d say it gives both sexes and all sexual preferences something to “oogle” about.

I’m not saying that TT should throw in sex just for the sake of it. They should if the story calls for it. And in any case devs should start using sexuality more in games in ways that isn’t objectificating characters like dressing female warriors in armor that is nothing more than a skintight paintjob in order to show cleveage.

The main problem with in-game sexuality at the moment is that is is designed to please the lowest common nominator, which is that small 12-years old boy in every man, that goes “nice” every time there’s tightly clothed, big breasted woman on the screen. The designers don’t try to go over that and it does kinda ruin even some games with more serious plotlines, when all the men are dirty and rugged, where as women look like they’re on a catwalk no matter what they wear.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

tomimt - 06 February 2015 03:04 AM

The main problem with in-game sexuality at the moment is that is is designed to please the lowest common nominator, which is that small 12-years old boy in every man, that goes “nice” every time there’s tightly clothed, big breasted woman on the screen. The designers don’t try to go over that and it does kinda ruin even some games with more serious plotlines, when all the men are dirty and rugged, where as women look like they’re on a catwalk no matter what they wear.

Also truth is in the eye of beholder, so people tend to see, what they would want/like to see, like misogynist Richard Cobbett tends to see misogyny everywhere, so as other people that like/want to see women in manner they find sexually pleasing see them that way.

And while someone would see well built, big breasted woman in a clean tight armor, as a “prey”, the other will see it as a healthy, strong, female warrior that tends to keep her cleanliness to avoid diseases (which speaks of her intelligence too), a person that is probably good to be in company with.
At the end, one of the main nature’s instincts in all living things, after breathing and drinking/eating is to find mating partner, so that life as such could survive. And someone who has objection to that, can as well object to drinking water or breathing.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

They’ve just tweeted GoT episode 3 will be out this month too.

They’re learning…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Just a quick question: Does GoT allow you to turn off the ridiculously stupid “(X will remember that”) - notifications? How about in Tales from the Borderlands? If not, I’ll just stay away from them until TellTale does something about it.

You could turn them off in TWD, but for some unreasonable reason you couldn’t in season 2! Now I’m trying to finish TWAU, but they can’t be turned off there either, and it’s annoying the crap out of me. I find them extremely immersive breaking, a reminder that I’m dealing with game mechanics and not actual reactions/emotions. They completely ruin the mood for me as well as rendering every choice that isn’t followed by a notification entirely meaningless.

I can’t fathom how a game series that takes pride in giving the player “choices” would remove such an option from their games. I can’t possibly be the only one who dislikes these notifications?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I don’t think you can turn turn them off. In borderlands, they’re actually quite witty, but I can see what you mean about more serious drama in games like GoT.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Completely agree with you, Dag, hate those notifications!
They don’t have any reason to exist at this point. I don’t think they can be turned off…

Only time they were put to good use was in Wolf among us has a joke and in the Tales from the Borderlands credits (“Telltale Games will remember that”) -a also as a joke.

Good that episode 3 will be already out. They need to start working a bit better, Telltale reputation of being late and buggy will start to hurt them.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I am also having issues with timing meter in conversations to make choices, it makes sense in TWD or tense situations where in real heated conversations ans scenarios timing is actually a real issue, but in BL they talk too fast and action on screen makes it hard to
even properly gauge what people are saying, before meter goes off.
Sometimes even dialogues dont finish.
This Fahrenheit mechanic is getting tired and archaic.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

That’s too bad. According to the internet, there’s quite a few people who’s stopped buying TTG games because they removed the option to disable those notifications. I found a large number of threads about this exact issue, plenty of people finding themselves unable to enjoy their games because of it, but there’s seemingly no plan whatsoever from TTG to do anything about it.

Then I contacted their customer support. Based on several threads on the issue, I gave some pretty thorough examples of how and why it ruins the gaming experience for a lot of people. I added that I’d bought every single one of their games up to and including TWAU, but would only consider buying more of their games when said option gets reimplemented. I asked what could possibly be the reasoning behind removing such an option from games that are all about giving the player choices, and whether there was a chance we’d see it reimplemented any time soon.

I’m sure if you’ve had any experience with any kind of online support before, you can probably guess exactly what they answered. Well, here it is in all its glory: “that feature is no longer an option in our games, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you”.

I swear, this is the last time I’m contacting any kind of online “support” about anything anymore. It’s the same generic answer every time, no matter where you go… it’s becoming a pet peeve of mine. Oh well, there’s plenty of better games/developers out there to support.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Episode Three: https://youtu.be/Q6d2EYm6KJI

Release dates: 
PC/Mac - March 24th
PS4/PS3 NA - March 24th
PS4/PS3 EU - March 25th
Xbox One - March 25th
Xbox 360 - March 25th
Android - March 26th

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tommorrow already? That was fast but priority goes to Life is Strange…

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

wilco - 23 March 2015 03:07 PM

hmm…I wonder if that was deliberately done…

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2010-03-22

PM

wilco - 23 March 2015 03:07 PM

I think I’ll go for Game of Thrones first. Smile

BTW I think it’s a hell of a job to release a game almost monthly for 7 platforms at the same time…  Crazy

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

If they had this sort of pace going on every episode (even a little hit longer would be okay), I don’t think anyone or many could complain. I know I wouldn’t that’s for sure.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top